Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace = No Money.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Mike Wallace = No Money.

Brown goes down, Cotchery and Sanders are stepping up, where's Wallace?

Dropping balls, running out of bounds away from Giants Defenders on screens, and running terrible routes as usual. He's blowing it big time.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Mike Wallace = No Money.

A game changer play of Wallace!

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Brown goes down, Cotchery and Sanders are stepping up, where's Wallace?

Dropping balls, running out of bounds away from Giants Defenders on screens, and running terrible routes as usual. He's blowing it big time.
    Lol this thread just looks dumb now

Yep, I'll eat my crow. Wallace finally made a big play when we needed it. He needs to do this more often.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    A game changer play of Wallace!
    He scored a TD. Will he now disappear for games at a time? Is a ton of dropped passes worth $11,000,000 per season?
    Hater = Realist

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Apologies to Wallace from me as well. Nobody else we have has the jets to do that.

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Make Wallace the #3 WR. Let him burn nickel DBs for touchdowns, give his spot to sanders or manny

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Apologies to Wallace from me as well. Nobody else we have has the jets to do that.
    No need to apologize. Wallace was not playing up to his best and he needed to be called out on it. Just because he made a big play here doesn't excuse his lackluster play beforehand. He was well on his way to having another lousy game.

Like I said, Props to Wallace. He needs to do this more often, though.

More often we are 8 games in he has 5 tds, hes not going to score every game. That td tonight was clutch and it was all wallace, only top notch speed turns that into td.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Wallace performed well in the 4th. Still doesn't have his head in the game fully.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    More often we are 8 games in he has 5 tds, hes not going to score every game. That td tonight was clutch and it was all wallace, only top notch speed turns that into td.
    More drops than TDs. Is that worth the contract Wallace wants? How about the poor routes and poor fundamentals?
    Hater = Realist

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

There is no question that Wallace has the speed to turn a 5 yard pass into a 50 yard TD. The problem is that he is not fundamentally sound and does not always have his head in the game. Not worth what he's asking for, but I'd still love to keep him around somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    More drops than TDs. Is that worth the contract Wallace wants? How about the poor routes and poor fundamentals?
    Im sorry but you dont catch over 70 passes in this league by being a poor route runner with poor fundamentals. Does he have the greatest hands no but who cares he has incedible speed and he gets open.

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Some people just hate on wallace after his hold out then that tough game he had with all those drops, no hes not worth 11 million, but hes worth keeping on this team rooneys will not offer that kind of money so the ball will be in wallace's court. I would hate to lose him he does make big plays just look @ his stats from the past couple of yrs. Were only half way through season i believe wallace will have a much better 2nd half

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

He made one play. It was a great play but where was he the rest of the game? He killed a drive when he dropped an easy catch.

He's certainly not a #1 WR and not clutch. You can't count on him. IMO he's not the WR that he was two years ago or even the first part of last year.

I love his speed and what he brings but there's no way that the Steelers are going to pay him close to what he thinks he should get.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I still think we will hang on to him. I wish him many TD's the 2nd half of this season!! Without his catch and run we lose today....I think it also changed the momentum of the game.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I still think we will hang on to him. I wish him many TD's the 2nd half of this season!! Without his catch and run we lose today....I think it also changed the momentum of the game.
    I hope so. If we could lock up wallace, sanders and brown for 5 years we would have the best receiving corp locked up and a high powered offense for Ben's next 5 years.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Im sorry but you dont catch over 70 passes in this league by being a poor route runner with poor fundamentals. Does he have the greatest hands no but who cares he has incedible speed and he gets open.
    Sure you can. Wallace did it.

He has speed. What else?

Are you claiming he runs good routes and possesses good fundamentals? It would be nice if he at least had average hands.
    Hater = Realist

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'll decide how I feel about Mikey when the season ends and if he deserves the money or not.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    He made one play. It was a great play but where was he the rest of the game? He killed a drive when he dropped an easy catch.

He's certainly not a #1 WR and not clutch. You can't count on him. IMO he's not the WR that he was two years ago or even the first part of last year.

I love his speed and what he brings but there's no way that the Steelers are going to pay him close to what he thinks he should get.
    QFT.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

To date, he has not made a strong case for Jackson money. Yes, he turned a low gainer into a touchdown. But still has too many drops in critical situations. He has a ways to go before the Steelers would pay him what he is asking. Unfortunately, there are teams that will give him what he wants.

Oh well, Clements will have to step up next year, or another draft pick.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Franchise for 1 year, see if we can win a Super Bowl, move on. There's a fundamental problem:

1. He's not worth $11M a year.
    2. We won't pay him that much if he's not worth it.
    3. Someone else will.

Really the only choice we have is whether it's worth keeping him around one more year or zero.

By the way, if he was playing in a way this season that showed he was worth $11M, the asking price would have gone up to $15M, so there was really no way this was going to turn out any other way.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Steelers will try to maximize the pick they can get with his departure.

Maybe if we have a run at the SB, it might change his mind. Let's face it, how can you leave this offense with the potential of going to the next few Super Bowls. Even if he signs here for 8-10 million, he would be nuts to go to Washington for $11m. RGIII may be ready in 4-5 years. The Steelers are ready now.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

He scored a TD. Will he now disappear for games at a time? Is a ton of dropped passes worth $11,000,000 per season?
    NO, but id gladly take it for 5 a year lol

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    NO, but id gladly take it for 5 a year lol
    Much more reasonable
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

I also think Wallace was at fault for that INT. Not 100% on this, but I think whenever you run those little hook routes, you're supposed to use your body to screen out the DB.

Sure you can. Wallace did it.

He has speed. What else?

Are you claiming he runs good routes and possesses good fundamentals? It would be nice if he at least had average hands.
    His hands might not be great but i rarely see ben throw a pass to him and hes not in the right position, also alot of nfl recievers come into the league with speed but few put up the seasons hes put up, that doesnt happen by luck it doesnt happen just because hes fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    I also think Wallace was at fault for that INT. Not 100% on this, but I think whenever you run those little hook routes, you're supposed to use your body to screen out the DB.
    Not even close it was a panic throw by ben and the db under cut the route.

His hands might not be great but i rarely see ben throw a pass to him and hes not in the right position, also alot of nfl recievers come into the league with speed but few put up the seasons hes put up, that doesnt happen by luck it doesnt happen just because hes fast.
    BR has a lot to do with it. Running around waiting and waiting....and then the pass aka Arians' Offense.

He'll catch it if it's thrown into his chest/stomach area or if he cradle-catches the pass. His problem is he cannot consistently catch passes out of the air with only his hands. On his TD catch I believe he used his shoulder to help catch the ball. Sure he caught it, but he needs learn how to catch passes the correct way, the better way. He will be a better WR when he does.

Do you really think he is worth $11,000,000 per season?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Sorry, I'm not going to let 1 outstanding catch and run change my mind on paying him the big bucks. No doubt he's the fastest player in the league when running down the field....with the ball. That's the big factor ! When he's to the point where he's dependable to throw to and CATCH, then I'll say 'sign him to the long form', but it ain't happening yet. There's no doubt his catch/run was a big game changer Sunday vs. Giants, but he also dropped a easy 1st down pass not long before that. When push comes to shove and you need yard's to keep possession and win, and Miller is open, or Wallace is open......who do you throw to? Right now I'm going Miller's way. I hope Wallace get's to that point, I sure would love to keep him in the Black/Yellow, I'd hate to have to have player's to defend him ( we have NO CB's to even try that ) and he'll be a real threat in year's to come....but for right now, until he catch's the easy passes ( he'll never extend himself for a catch), he's definitely not worth the big buck.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

He made an awesome play, but in no way am I 100% happy with him. He's been absent much of the first half, and has completely disappeared in some games. As far as i'm concerned, he's the same as last year. Playing only one half of a football season.

Want to know the good thing about that? The part of the season that actually matters is in front of us.