Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers WR Antonio Brown has been fined $10,000 for taunting

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers WR Antonio Brown has been fined $10,000 for taunting

According to @TarikCSN Steelers WR Antonio Brown has been fined $10,000 for taunting last week against the #Redskins

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steelersd...4274222080?p=v

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Steelers WR Antonio Brown has been fined $10,000 for taunting

Senior Member Array title="slippy will become famous soon enough"> slippy's Avatar

when are they going to start fining holding calls? offsides? false start will cost you $2,500.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The fine is ridiculous, but if it stops him from showboating all the time, then I am for it. He could end up being one of the faces of the franchise and NFL. You don't want those players acting like kids.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="slippy will become famous soon enough"> slippy's Avatar

if the league wants to fine something, how bout starting with those stupid end zone dances?

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

I think they should just allow showboating its all part of the game, has been for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    if the league wants to fine something, how bout starting with those stupid end zone dances?

...or fine Ray Lewis for that idiotic "seizure" dance that he does before every game.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This fine isn't ridiculous at all. Brown's move was bush league...Something i'd expect from the Ravens. I only wish it came from the team instead of the league...

Where's Brandon Stokely when you need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Can't say that I'm upset with this decision. I'm sure it won't be applied consistently, however.

I just hope AB has learned when and how to celebrate.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

$10k fine for running backward? That's just stupid. I agree though, if it keeps him from doing it again, then I'm all for it.

I'm waiting to see how much DeAngelo Hall is going to get fined.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

That's idiotic. I have mixed feelings about showboating, but as far as I'm concerned, there's no need for fines or penalties for something like this. You want to start hotdogging during the play, you're already doing it at your own risk. The possibility of fucking up ought to be enough of a deterrent, and seeing DeSean Jackson do it at least once or twice a year provides a great cautionary example.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    $10k fine for running backward? That's just stupid. I agree though, if it keeps him from doing it again, then I'm all for it.

I'm waiting to see how much DeAngelo Hall is going to get fined.
    That would be awesome if Hall got fined less...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I'm sure it won't be applied consistently, however.
    No it won't, and that's my beef with it.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

That's fair. (No snark). If it stops AB's taunting, it'll work out for the best.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I think I'm with the majority here... if it gets AB to wise up, then I'm all for it. As for the league being consistent with future fines on other players for this kind of stuff, well let's just say I'm not holding my breath on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm with the majority here... if it gets AB to wise up, then I'm all for it. As for the league being consistent with future fines on other players for this kind of stuff, well let's just say I'm not holding my breath on that one.

i hope he gets fined for dropping the ball after a first down like santonio, hate that move! annoying AND unoriginal.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    How about starting a panel of 3 to grade the end zone dances from a scale of 1 to 10. If you get less than a 24 you get fined $5,000.

AML

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    How about starting a panel of 3 to grade the end zone dances from a scale of 1 to 10. If you get less than a 24 you get fined $5,000.
    LOL. Celebrating with the Stars.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

I hope the kid learned the lesson, BUT I'm not expecting consistency from Der Komish

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Has this been confirmed by anyone else? I'm not saying that it's not true, but I'm a little skeptical because the report is based on a tweet by a Washington Capitals beat writer, with no attribution.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    Has this been confirmed by anyone else? I'm not saying that it's not true, but I'm a little skeptical because the report is based on a tweet by a Washington Capitals beat writer, with no attribution.
    There is nothing on NFL.com's site, and they have listed all of their fines for this week. Therefore, this story is BS, and thank God for that. This would have been the most ridiculous fine of the season by FAR. Talk about opening up a HUGE can of worms...

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    There is nothing on NFL.com's site, and they have listed all of their fines for this week. Therefore, this story is BS, and thank God for that. This would have been the most ridiculous fine of the season by FAR. Talk about opening up a HUGE can of worms...
    Well, actually, it's very specifically laid out in the rules that violations of Section 3.1.(c) (taunting) "may result in discipline by the Commissioner." As for the endzone dances that others have brought up, that's covered under (e) and as such, isn't finable. Interesting!

I'm not sure it's a huge can of worms, since it is laid out what is and is not able to be reviewed by the commissioner. However, I DO think that what he did was so minor, that a fine isn't necessary. It's not like he pointed at someone, pulled his finger across his throat, or something of that nature, which never taken lightly by any team.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

It's a good call. In the end it's about a players not repeating and I guarantee we won't ever see that from Brown again.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

A fine for the TD taunt I'm not sure of, but I'm sure the ass chewing from Tomlin afterwards, and probable a few words during the week from Tomlin more than likely set him straight. I'd almost bet you won't see it ever again. It's definitely not a Steeler class act.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Can someone get a confirmation from AB? Can't find any source other than the once cited in the OP.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

I don't think they are done with all of the fines for the past week yet, the fine for DeAngelo Hall has yet to be determined and I'm not sure if they even make every fine public.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    There is nothing on NFL.com's site, and they have listed all of their fines for this week.

Therefore, this story is BS, and thank God for that. This would have been the most ridiculous fine of the season by FAR.
    Absolutely. Taunting is a time honored tradition...

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Hahah "way-back machine" much?

True story or false, AB needs to take some pointers from Heath. Act like ya been there before.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Actually if accurate, the amount should be 10,500, reflecting the 5% increase in the fines escalation clause.