Thread: 10 days to go and there is a very good chance...

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

10 days to go and there is a very good chance...

Of Romney winning the popular vote but losing the electoral college. While this has happened in elections before, it has never in history happened to the sitting President running for re-election.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: 10 days to go and there is a very good chance...

There's a possibility of that, but if it happens nothing will change. The majority of small States are Republican and they're the ones who benefit from the electoral college system.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Des Moines Iowa Register Endorses Romney

The Register endorsement: Mitt Romney offers a fresh economic vision

Romney has made rebuilding the economy his No. 1 campaign priority — and rightly so.

The nation has struggled to recover from recession for the past 40 months. Still, the economy is growing at an unacceptably anemic rate of around 2 percent a year and could slip back into recession depending on what happens in the European Union and China.

The workforce is still 4.5 million jobs short of the nearly 9 million that were lost in the recession. Longer term, looming deficits driven by Social Security and Medicare pose the single greatest threats to the nation’s economic security.

The president’s best efforts to resuscitate the stumbling economy have fallen short. Nothing indicates it would change with a second term in the White House.
    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...nclick_check=1

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Gee Whiz. We can have for more years of a community organizer as president and a 20 TRILLION dollar federal deficit or a brilliant business man who has balanced virtually every budget he has ever touched including SAVING the Salt lake city olympics and balancing the massachussetts budget by reaching across the aisle and building consensus to get the job done....

Knowing that our federal deficit and social security and medicare may soon be beyond the point of repair it boggles my mind that anyone would even consider voting for obama.....or worse, sit this one out as though Romney is not a better alternative.

We are heading off a fiscal cliff folks and gridlock is not the answer.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Have faith....shit just got real!!

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Madonna drew boos and triggered a walkout by several concertgoers after she touted President Barack Obama on her "MDNA Tour" in New Orleans.
    The Material Girl asked during Saturday night's performance: "Who's registered to vote?" She added: "I don't care who you vote for as long as you vote for Obama." Drawing boos in touting Obama over Republican Mitt Romney, Madonna followed: "Seriously, I don't care who you vote for ... Do not take this privilege for granted. Go vote."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-28-04-26-51

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Gee Whiz. We can have for more years of a community organizer as president and a 20 TRILLION dollar federal deficit or a brilliant business man who has balanced virtually every budget he has ever touched including SAVING the Salt lake city olympics and balancing the massachussetts budget by reaching across the aisle and building consensus to get the job done....
    ... and a 20 TRILLION dollar federal debt. Don't forget that part.
    Despite all your flowery rhetoric about how super-awesometastic Romney is, his own budget proposal calls for 20 trillion in debt too.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/how-r...bt-2012-9?op=1
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Despite all your flowery rhetoric about how super-awesometastic Romney is, his own budget proposal calls for 20 trillion in debt too.
    But its ok if romney does it because hes a business man, i love how the article highlights additional stimulus and massive spending to spark economic growth. Isnt that exactly what they made fun of obama for, saying you cant spend your way out of a recession. Still cant believe people think this guy can somehow spend cut taxes and cut the deficit all at the sametime.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    But its ok if romney does it because hes a business man, i love how the article highlights additional stimulus and massive spending to spark economic growth. Isnt that exactly what they made fun of obama for, saying you cant spend your way out of a recession. Still cant believe people think this guy can somehow spend cut taxes and cut the deficit all at the sametime.
    Actually, I don't think they recognize that he's gonna do it at all, even though that's his plan. I keep pointing it out, and they just keep ignoring it and changing the subject. The human capacity for self-delusion is astounding.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    And this is another reason why I can't vote for Romney. I've done my homework and have done the math, and as a fiscal conservative, he is not any better than Hopey McChange. So it's looking like I either vote for Gary Johnson or I sit it out entirely, like I did in the 2000 election. It's a shame, because this is such a critical election, and the Republicans could not put up a better candidate.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    And this is another reason why I can't vote for Romney. I've done my homework and have done the math, and as a fiscal conservative, he is not any better than Hopey McChange. So it's looking like I either vote for Gary Johnson or I sit it out entirely, like I did in the 2000 election. It's a shame, because this is such a critical election, and the Republicans could not put up a better candidate.
    There's more to this election than just the economy. The future make up of the Supreme Court. The ready state of our military. Our place in the world as a whole.

This idiot wants to normalize relations with Iran for fuck's sake.

soon after he took office, President Barack Obama began a process ultimately designed to reestablish

Obama offered to reestablish full ties with Iran, Israeli paper reports
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    There's more to this election than just the economy. The future make up of the Supreme Court. The ready state of our military. Our place in the world as a whole.

soon after he took office, President Barack Obama began a process ultimately designed to reestablish

Zu is right. If the snippets of stuff I've been reading is true, than there is more to this Benghazi "incident" than we've been told. (surprise surprise). I mean Scary Stuff. World War III scary stuff. Syria chemical weapons scary stuff (and everybody wonders where Saddam's stash went?) and Russian involvement.

If all this hits the fan, I have much more faith in the caliber and competence of a Romney admistration than I do of the morons Obama has around him. Romney didn't get where he is today by hanging around stupid people. He knows how to pick the best and the brightest.

Obama picked Joe Biden for his running mate, for God's sake.

Joe. Biden.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post

I understand all of that, but I don't trust Romney enough to turn things around. I'm not going to back a candidate I don't want simply because he's not the other guy.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    BIG Opportunity lost.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Father of Slain Benghazi SEAL to Obama: “It’s Better to Die a Hero Than Live a Coward” (Video)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...-coward-video/

There's more at stake here than just the economy.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."