Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: week 8:Washington Redskins

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

week 8:Washington Redskins

The redskins are not a bad team....Their offense is amazing and RGIII is a very special player..I watched the game between the redskins and the giants yesterday and I was impressed with RGIII

The redskins defense is bad right now, but it will not be an easy game....The redskins almost beat the giants yesterday(and the 6-0 falcons in week 5), so the Steelers must be ready!

I think the Steelers will win, because they are at home, but it will not be an easy game because the redskins are not a bad team

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: week 8:Washington Redskins

Glad it's a home game for a change...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

yeah, having fletcher injured, and Orakpo and Carriker on IR really hurts but RGIII...nuff said. Dont forget that the skins really took it to the vikings, who may or may not be for real. And i think Alfred Morris actually might be leading the league in rush yards. He's as big of a reason why the Redskins have the #1 rushing offense in the league as RGIII.

Last ranked pass defense though, i really really like that matchup. Especially at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    yeah, having fletcher injured, and Orakpo and Carriker on IR really hurts but RGIII...nuff said. Dont forget that the skins really took it to the vikings, who may or may not be for real. And i think Alfred Morris actually might be leading the league in rush yards. He's as big of a reason why the Redskins have the #1 rushing offense in the league as RGIII.

Last ranked pass defense though, i really really like that matchup. Especially at home.

The Vikings are last year's Lions.
    All Defense!

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

We never played well against Michael Vick until this year, so I dunno how that'll translate to RGIII, but the Skins have a pretty good running game, something we'll have to really focus on shutting down so we can force Griffin into making some mistakes.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

This could be a high scoring game.

I think we may need 3 or 4 touchdowns to win.
    Last edited by GBMelBlount; 10-23-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Are throwbacks in effect this week ?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

http://communityvoices.sites.post-ga...did-cincinnati

The Steelers will get a feel for what playing teams like that is when they face the Washington Redskins Sunday at Heinz Field. The Redskins may be 3-4, they may have a loss to the Bengals, but they have the look of a first-rate team.

In his weekly power rankings at SI.com, Peter King has the Steelers 15th and the Redskins 11th.

The Redskins have the most exciting young player in the NFL in rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III. He's third in the league in passer rating, behind only Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers, and 12th in rushing.

Another Washington rookie, Alfred Morris, is second in the league in rushing. Morris has run for 658 yards, more than the entire Steelers team. Griffin has run for 468 yards, more than the combined totals of the Steelers top three rushers, Dwyer, Isaac Redman and Rashard Mendenhall.

Griffin is gaining immediate league-wide respect for the passing/running package he brings to the game.

Justin Tuck of the Giants said, ``I'm pretty mad at the football gods for putting him in the NFC East. To face that guy twice a year is going to be a headache. He takes away from your enthusiasm for the game a little bit, when you play a play perfectly and he still has 4.3 speed to run by guys and make plays.''

The Steelers rush defense has been leaky at times this season, which means Ben Roethlisberger and the offensive unit need to score a lot of points. The Redskins have the defense to allow that. They are 29th in yards allowed, 32nd in passing yards allowed and 29th in points per game.

The Heinz Field debut of RG3 promises to be a good show, both in terms of watching an exciting rookie quarterback and seeing how the Steelers defense handles the potent Washington offense, third in the league in yards and sixth in points.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Are throwbacks in effect this week ?
    Yep.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    That should throw RG3 off

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

The Steelers need to go into this game expecting to play a damn good team and know it won't be easy to pull out a W. RGIII alone has already proved he can win a game and don't forget about Santana Moss, Ike will have a long day against him if not prepared.

The only great news is the Skins are hurting on defense which I'm hoping gives Ben and the offense ample opportunities to put points on the board and hold a lead.
    The defense has to play tough and the Dline has to win in the trenches if we want to contain RGIII, the kid has a great arm and can run like no other. Like I always say for the defense, play bend, but don't break football and let's hope the offense can put points on the board.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

The Steeler's are going to have to put 30+ points on the board to win this one. We aren't getting any pressure on the QB's so I can see RG having a field day running all over the place. ( maybe the bumble bee outfits will slow him up laughing his ass off ) I'm not sure their injuries will slow anything up on their performance ( we were missing 5 at cincy and we didn't miss a step), and us being at home ( 12th man ) is a plus somewhat....but not always. If everyone does their job and again score 7 in the red zone it will make things alot easier.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    The Steeler's are going to have to put 30+ points on the board to win this one. We aren't getting any pressure on the QB's so I can see RG having a field day running all over the place. ( maybe the bumble bee outfits will slow him up laughing his ass off ) I'm not sure their injuries will slow anything up on their performance ( we were missing 5 at cincy and we didn't miss a step), and us being at home ( 12th man ) is a plus somewhat....but not always. If everyone does their job and again score 7 in the red zone it will make things alot easier.
    This is exactly how I feel as well Moose.

Redskins can likely put up 25 -30 points (or more) with RG.

Our red zone performance will very possibly be the difference this game.

I hope that the game vs bengals is not a fluke for the defense of the steelers

If our CB's can smoother their WRs (like cincy game), and plug up the middle, then that would leave making RG beat us with his feet.

Rock Groupie Array title="GutterflowerSteel is a glorious beacon of light"> GutterflowerSteel's Avatar

I watch a lot of Redskins games because my b/f is diehard, and I'm in the DC metro area. RGIII is a dynamic player, and he just got another offensive weapon, as the Skins re-signed TE Chris Cooley, who has played his whole career as a Redskin, and knows that offense. It's gonna be a LOUD Sunday at our place I'm afraid of what RGIII can do, because he can definitely hurt you with his athleticism and his legs. Did you see what he did on 4th & 10 against the GMen on Sunday - fun to watch, hard to game plan for. I think this game will come right down to the wire, and it wouldn't surprise me to see it go into OT. Our D can't let up for one second, or we'll lose. The Skins aren't too bad on the road.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

is Pierre Garcon playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

i go hard like tiger wood Array title="lilyoder6 is an unknown quantity at this point">

doubt it.. they came out and said he has a torn ligament or w/e in his foot.. and the skins say he probably be out at least the next two weeks

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Good lord .... even this guy is laughing at us.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

It's going to be a tough game to win but, since we are home for this one I think we will win. Plus with the those throw back jersey's! Man I'm glad it's only two games they are wearing them.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Garcon is out and they lost Fred Davis for the season (torn Achilles'), which is why they signed Cooley. Santana Moss is their only weapon in the passing game, so the Steelers' D will have to focus on stopping the run to win. I think the O can and will put up 30 points on that defense. They already weren't all that great with Fletcher in the lineup...without him, they are pretty much fucked.

2 games too many !! Lord, I hate them uniforms. Why in the hell are 'throw backs' necessary ?? I'm sorry, but they are THROW BACKS for a reason.....leave them the hell in the garbage !!! Serves no purpose but to have the other teams ridicule the hell out of us. You know as fan's we are going to have some hell to put up with. UGH !!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What do they have the third and fifth rushers in the league? the Steelers should be able to run the balm as well and the pass game goes to the Steelers. Hopefully, the offense will continue to improve on the ground and the defense will continue to play solid. Otherwise...could be a long day...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I ate crow for my thinking of the cincy game. I figured Dalton/Green would dink/dunk us to death. I figured Ike would end up breathless trying to catch Green. I thought the secondary would be wide open. Coach LeBeau had an awesome plan that just eliminated Green altogether. Ike and the extra help was the answer to Green. Dalton was helpless. Bunghole running game was slowed, especially by Colon as he wiped the dirt off the astro turf with Burfict's jersey. I don't know what the real threat's on Washington is, other than RG, but after last week I have faith in Coach LeBeau to put a plan of attack together. And again, all of the player's have to excel at their job's.

RG3 leads NFL in completion pct (72.7), yards/attempt (11.7) & Total QBR (98.8) when facing 5+ pass rushers this season.

DC Dick Lebeau on his 13-1 record against rookie QBs since '04: "The only comment I have is that I hope I'm 14-1 on Monday"

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

RG3 leads NFL in completion pct (72.7), yards/attempt (11.7) & Total QBR (98.8) when facing 5+ pass rushers this season.
    Not sure what to make of the 5+ pass rushing stat as he has never faced a 3-4 defense yet. Just something to think about.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope we've been practicing in these uniforms all week so that only the other team finds them distracting. I think those white blocks around the numbers will be hypnotic and RG3 will inadvertently throw right to Ike instead of his receiver. Hopefully we can get some lucky bounces off Ike's hands to one of our defenders who can catch.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Every time I see those uniforms I think of bumblebees and bumblebees remind me of the Ace Ventura bumblebee tuna scene.

"Excuse me, your balls are showing. Bumblebee Tuna."

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Garcon is out and they lost Fred Davis for the season (torn Achilles'), which is why they signed Cooley. Santana Moss is their only weapon in the passing game, so the Steelers' D will have to focus on stopping the run to win.

I think the O can and will put up 30 points on that defense.

They already weren't all that great with Fletcher in the lineup...without him, they are pretty much fucked.
    I do too for another reason I have thought about.

Ben had an amazing rookie season and he is also competitve and has a lot of pride.

So after seeing RGIII play so well this season I have a feeling Ben is going to come with his guns blazing to put RGIII in his place.

Put on a clinic Ben....