Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Romney Ekes Out Bragging Rights

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Poll: Romney Ekes Out Bragging Rights

Mitt Romney eked out bragging rights in the latest ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll, claiming 49 percent support among likely voters vs. Barack Obama's 48 percent - Romney's first numerical edge, however slight, since before the party conventions.

Slight is the word: Taking it to two decimals (for illustration only - not to imply false precision), Romney has 48.51 percent support, Obama 48.44 percent - about as close as it can be. Still, with rounding, Romney's 1-point numerical edge is his first since an ABC/Post poll Aug. 25.

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-ekes-br...-politics.html
    For the first time Romney has the slightest of edges in the polls it appears.

While the edge is statistically meaningless as a time slice, the trend which is the most important thing imo....is favoring Romney.

It may very well come down to the wire and it will be exciting to see what unfolds in the battleground states the next two weeks.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Poll: Romney Ekes Out Bragging Rights

Fair warning: Don't let yourself get too excited. You'll only be that much more despondent when the media narrative falls away and you're left with a race that wasn't even close.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Fair warning: Don't let yourself get too excited. You'll only be that much more despondent when the media narrative falls away and you're left with a race that wasn't even close.
    I have a feeling the only one thats going to be disappointed is you.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

I agree if you look at the swing states obama is leading in, assuming he wins those it wont be close at all.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

The thing about polls getting closer to election time, is that they will begin to show more accurate numbers. A lot of left leaning polls refused for months to give Romney an edge, even skewing the numbers for their benefit. However, as the election gets closer, the pollsters are forced to become as accurate as possible to make their polls credible for the next election cycle

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Even the most ardent die hard Obama supporters and members of his camp are expecting this election to go late into the night now.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    I have a feeling the only one thats going to be disappointed is you.
    Oh, I guarantee you I'll be disappointed. One of these two yahoos is going to be President for the next 4 years. But I suspect that's not quite what you mean.

Riddle me this: if this is the first time ever that Romney has had a lead (however slight) in the national LV, why have we been hearing that he's been winning for the last 3 weeks? Something don't compute here. If he was leading all this time, this particular poll wouldn't be news. If he wasn't leading until now, then why did they claim he was?

You're getting played, and I'm surprised you haven't spotted it on your own. You're usually pretty good at calling the media out on their games.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Thanks for the warning Dr. K. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Thanks for the warning Woody. lol.
    Wasn't meant for you; I wouldn't expect you to heed it. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    The thing about polls getting closer to election time, is that they will begin to show more accurate numbers. A lot of left leaning polls refused for months to give Romney an edge, even skewing the numbers for their benefit. However, as the election gets closer, the pollsters are forced to become as accurate as possible to make their polls credible for the next election cycle
    If this were true, we'd see a Republican shift in the polling in the last 2 weeks every cycle, which we don't. Or are you claiming that it's just this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    The thing about polls getting closer to election time, is that they will begin to show more accurate numbers.

A lot of left leaning polls refused for months to give Romney an edge, even skewing the numbers for their benefit.

However, as the election gets closer, the pollsters are forced to become as accurate as possible to make their polls credible for the next election cycle
    Thankfully.

It will be interesting to see how the liberal media and effbots respond if Romney develops a lead in the swing states.

It indeed appears to be a close race to any rational person.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Broken record droning on with predictions of doom and inevitability again? If the election is close and or Romney wins he should take a two week self imposed vacation from this board. It's one thing to express an opinion. But time after time when you express an opinion as fact and are so in your face and mocking of any view other than your own. Well if things don't turn out as you declare then you need to eat your crow and dissapear for a little while in my opinion.

Tell you what I'm going to propose. If the election is called for Obama before the evening news on the night of the election I will come to the soapbox forum give Slash his props on a thread of his making. Then I will refrain from posting in this forum for a month. You in Slash?

Even using one of Woody Kevorkians resources there is no doubt it is close.

Talk about a boner shrinker for the "Obama Landslide" delusionalists. lol.

http://www.intrade.com/v4/misc/electoral-map/

Slash

Dawg

I agree if you look at the swing states obama is leading in, assuming he wins those it wont be close at all.
    Wow.....Kevorkians poll site JUST swung NH to Romney and it's Obama 259 and Romney 257...

Granted there may only be 12 voters in the state of NH, but again the point is proven to all but the most ignorant haters that it is indeed a close race. lol.

Shazam! lol.

In the 11 swing states, Mitt Romney earns 50% of the vote to Obama’s 46%. Two percent (2%) like another candidate in the race, and another two percent (2%) are undecided.
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Don't peek slash!...

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Don't get on Slash's back too much, after all, he is just "speaking the worst" and "hoping for the best".

If Romney wins, I'm sure he'll be elated and more than happy to take a posting hiatus.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

As sad as it is I think an "I told you so" is more important to slash then MR getting elected and actually doing a good job turning this economy and country around. If only we had Ron Paul in the WH!

What a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

MST Junkie Array title="SteelCityMom is on a distinguished road">

I'm pretty much sick of polls lol...someone made a football reference above (I'm too lazy to scroll up again and see what it was), and that's what all these polls remind me of...like this is the SB or something. All I know, is I can't wait till Nov. 7th so my FB will go back to normal.

I'm one of the ones who thinks we're pretty much screwed either way. If Romney gets elected and does a good job, I'll be elated...but I still stand by my original position that he was just about the worst candidate the GOP presented (with Bachmann coming in a close second). Just my opinions though. For the life of me (and believe me, I've tried), I can't get behind him as a candidate. Neither him or Obama are candidates I would ever vote for. Call me an "effbot" or whatever, but I just can't wrap my head around the elation I've seen from conservatives over this man. I know Obama sucks...but daaaayum. I just don't want to be a part of voting for who you hate the least...I dunno. I support those who really stand behind him though. If you truly believe in him, I've got nothing against you voting for him.

Look at it this way, you have two choices. You can either get in the car with the drunk at the wheel. Or your other choice is you can get in the car with the drunk blind guy who's expressed suicidal thoughts as your driver. ( and you can't walk stay put or take the wheel yourself )

Seriously though I think Romney can help this country for many reasons. And I have no trouble throwing my support behind him. I don't view it as a default position whatseover.

Last thing. Politicians are like race horses. They all got a hole in them somehwere. If you'll only settle for the unflawed perfect specimen, you'll never have yourself a horse.

MST Junkie Array title="SteelCityMom is on a distinguished road">

- - - Updated - - -

Can I do a suicide roll out of the car?

I do get your point, I just don't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Can I do a suicide roll out of the car?

I do get your point, I just don't agree with it.
    Same here. Moreover, I think it's counterproductive.

The rest of ya: No matter what happens, I ain't goin' anywhere. It may be all personal and "who's right" for you guys, but that's just the kool-aid talkin'. I expect you'll get back to normal after the election.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

If obama wins ohio and wisconsin he gets to 270, so romney can sweep the rest of the swing states and still not reach 270. Obama really only had to win 30% of the swing states to win. Its not a matter of hating, its simply a matter of the math.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    If obama wins ohio and wisconsin he gets to 270, so romney can sweep the rest of the swing states and still not reach 270. Obama really only had to win 30% of the swing states to win. Its not a matter of hating, its simply a matter of the math.
    ^ This.
    There are only 10 States on the menu and Romney would need 8 of them while Obama only needs 3. Since Obama already has enough electoral votes, any Romney scenario has to involve gaining 6 of those States and not losing any of his own.
    They are (in order of vulnerability)
    Virginia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Ohio, Nevada, and Wisconsin.
    VA is completely knotted up, so for the sake of argument give it to Romney. That puts it at 294-257. Romney needs to collect 14 EV from the remaining States.
    Ohio is his most lucrative target, as it would put him over the top on his own.

As you can see, Romney's gains have stalled there. It's not impossible for him to pick it up, but not without something to shake up the race.

Next would be Wisconsin and any one of Nevada, Iowa, or New Hampshire.

This is less likely than Ohio.

Finally, there's the possibility of winning Nevada, Iowa, and New Hampshire.

These are the only 3 possibilities for Romney, and they're only possible if he wins Virginia and doesn't lose Florida or Colorado.

Not sayin' it *can't* happen, but it's about as likely as hoping for a wildcard spot because you haven't been mathematically eliminated from playoff contention yet. Which is to say that it *won't* happen unless something radically alters the race in the next 2 weeks.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

If the number of Obama signs I see everywhere in my area of Ohio is any indication, there isn't much chance of Romney winning Ohio...... unfortunately.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    If the number of Obama signs I see everywhere in my area of Ohio is any indication, there isn't much chance of Romney winning Ohio...... unfortunately.
    I live in Northeast Ohio, and I'm surprised by the number of signs I'm NOT seeing for either candidate. The general sentiment around here seems to be: "Please, can we just get this over with!! I'm tired of it!"

I'm not sure I agree that Romney can't win Ohio. I live in a heavily Democrat area, and all the Dems I talk to are convinced that Romney is going to win. I know these people, and they're not saying it to try to prepare themselves "just in case." They honestly believe that Obama is going to lose. In their minds, the election is over. Given, it's jut a small sample of people who I talk with, but their feelings aren't much different from what I'm hearing on local talk radio and elsewhere.

Even using one of Woody Kevorkians resources there is no doubt it is close.

Talk about a boner shrinker for the "Obama Landslide" delusionalists. lol.

http://www.intrade.com/v4/misc/electoral-map/
    I clicked on that link and saw Obama 281 and Romney 248, which sounds about right. Maybe I just need your rose colored glasses in order to see whatever it is you see there.
    And BTW I don't "use that as a source". I merely said that if you're delusional enough to think that Romney has a shot, you could make some money there.