Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Poll: Romney Ekes Out Bragging Rights

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Poll: Romney Ekes Out Bragging Rights

No the cat doesn't have my tongue. I happen to have other things to do.

No way does Obama deserve another term. No way No how. A vote for anybody other than Romney means you are more than happy with the last 4 years. I'm happy you and yours are doing so well. My husband and I are just staying above water. My son and his little family are under water with little hope of seeing dry land for along time. . And that is unacceptable to me. Romney has a proven record of fixing what is failing. Obama has a proven record, too. And it's one that will destroy what is left of our economy and position in the world. Neither of those is "optimal", Mr. President.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    No way does Obama deserve another term. No way No how.
    No argument there.
    A vote for anybody other than Romney means you are more than happy with the last 4 years.
    No it doesn't, and you know it. Give up on the straw man arguments. It's weak sauce.

My husband and I are just staying above water. My son and his little family are under water with little hope of seeing dry land for along time. . And that is unacceptable to me.
    And Romney's gonna make it all better, right? That's not what his budget proposal says.
    Seems to me that you're just gonna cling to this "but Romney's different" nonsense regardless of the fact that you can't point to any facts to back it up. That's how "hope" for "change" works.
    If you're going to insist on doing that, the least you can do is be a little nicer to the Obama supporters who thought the same thing 4 years ago.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Aaaand another thing:

Romney has already proven he can work succesfully with both parties and get real work done in government.
    Romney was the pivot man in a Massachusetts liberal circle-jerk. If that's the kind of "real work" you want from the Federal government, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to deliver.

Personally, I don't want more "real work" from Washington. We've already had enough of that.

^ That guy who's not Romney
    Last edited by GoSlash27; 10-27-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I have a hair appointment to go to. I want to look good for the Kick the Lying, Incompetent Ass Out of Office party.

Have fun!

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

I think if Romney can accomplish just ONE thing that he said he would that this country will be leagues ahead of where we are now.

Balance the budget and keep it at 20% of the GDP.

Period.

Tough decisions will need to be made. Bottom line is if you don't have the money to spend, don't spend the money.

As for Bush's mess, Bush didn't push the deficit to the level at which it is now. Had Obama simply NOT INCREASED THE DEFICIT, he'd be a shoe-in for re-election. But the fact that he made the situation MUCH worse is ridiculous.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    I think if Romney can accomplish just ONE thing that he said he would that this country will be leagues ahead of where we are now.

Period.

Tough decisions will need to be made. Bottom line is if you don't have the money to spend, don't spend the money.

As for Bush's mess, Bush didn't push the deficit to the level at which it is now. Had Obama simply NOT INCREASED THE DEFICIT, he'd be a shoe-in for re-election. But the fact that he made the situation MUCH worse is ridiculous.
    no bush just put everything in motion and then got out before the sh** hit the fan. obama takes office with a recession, the housing market collapsed, the auto industry going under, banks going under, tax cuts,and 2 wars, and your saying he should of simply NOT INCREASED THE DEFICIT, wow why didnt he think of that? we are now at the end of his 4 years and the economy is slowly recovering, we are out of iraq, the auto industry is back, the banks are back, the tax cuts will expire, and we are out of iraq and obama plans to be out of afhganastan. All good things, but hey lets vote in the party who made the mess in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    no bush just put everything in motion and then got out before the sh** hit the fan. obama takes office with a recession, the housing market collapsed, the auto industry going under, banks going under, tax cuts,and 2 wars, and your saying he should of simply NOT INCREASED THE DEFICIT, we are now at the end of his 4 years and the economy is slowly recovering, we are out of iraq, the auto industry is back, the banks are back, the tax cuts will expire, and we are out of iraq and obama plans to be out of afhganastan.
    Wow. All this and free birth control, too. According to you, this race shouldn't even be close.

Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    no bush just put everything in motion and then got out before the sh** hit the fan. obama takes office with a recession, the housing market collapsed, the auto industry going under, banks going under, tax cuts,and 2 wars, and your saying he should of simply NOT INCREASED THE DEFICIT, wow why didnt he think of that? we are now at the end of his 4 years and the economy is slowly recovering, we are out of iraq, the auto industry is back, the banks are back, the tax cuts will expire, and we are out of iraq and obama plans to be out of afhganastan. All good things, but hey lets vote in the party who made the mess in the first place.
    How is the auto industry failing or housing market Bush's fault? GM should have gone bankrupt, I absolutely disagree with the bailout. If you mismanage your company, the government SHOULD NOT step in and save you. Period.

The only thing I would give in the argument against Bush are the wars. IMO, if our land is not attacked and if you want to invade a country / oust a dictator, then make room in the budget for it.

If you can't find the money then find a more cost effective way of dealing with it. In otherwords, I'd have sent in small ops teams to kill Hussein, to the point where noone could even pin it on the US.

Also, reform the welfare / food stamp system to reduce fraud. That alone would also be a good start.

At the end of the day, even if you concede that Bush DID cause the mess (which he didn't), Obama made "the mess worse". So instead of stopping the bleeding, Obama hacked off another limb and caused the bleeding to get worse.

I dont think anyone thinks Romney can clean up the mess of Bush / Obama (see that, I included them both so you can stay with me and not get side-tracked), the idea is for him to STOP THE BLEEDING. Something Obama, with 4 more years, simply will NOT do.
    ― Clint Eastwood

Period.

If he intended to actually do "what he said he would", wouldn't he have submitted a balanced budget proposal?
    I mean... seriously! Obama "said" he'd cut the deficit in half in his first 4 years. He "said" he'd close Gitmo his first day in office, have the most open and transparent administration in history, and reach across the aisle to build a consensus.
    Dubya "said" he wasn't going to get into nation building and pursue a "humble foreign policy".

Politicians "say" a lot of things.

Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    If he intended to actually do "what he said he would", wouldn't he have submitted a balanced budget proposal?
    I mean... seriously! Obama "said" he'd cut the deficit in half in his first 4 years. He "said" he'd close Gitmo his first day in office, have the most open and transparent administration in history, and reach across the aisle to build a consensus.
    Dubya "said" he wasn't going to get into nation building and pursue a "humble foreign policy".

Politicians "say" a lot of things.
    Well, that's why I included the words "If Romney CAN ACCOMPLISH". I am not in any way, shape or form fooled into believing the garbage spewed from ANY politician, but there are some good ideas that come from some.

One such good idea is the 20% of GDP / balanced budget.

So again I say that "if Romney can accomplish that one thing" then things will be much better than they are today.
    ― Clint Eastwood

Well, that's why I included the words "If Romney CAN ACCOMPLISH". I am not in any way, shape or form fooled into believing the garbage spewed from ANY politician, but there are some good ideas that come from some.

One such good idea is the 20% of GDP / balanced budget.

So again I say that "if Romney can accomplish that one thing" then things will be much better than they are today.
    I agree fully. Only problem is that if he hasn't actually submitted a budget that calls for it, then he won't do that. Not really any point in discussing what somebody can or cannot do if they've already shown they're not gonna do it, right?