Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Romney Ekes Out Bragging Rights

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Re: Poll: Romney Ekes Out Bragging Rights

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Yes they do because your spending the same and taking in less which means your spending dollars you dont have, how is that not contributing to the debt. Economists and the CBO estimate that the tax cuts added 1.6 trillion dollars in debt and thats excluding interest, so ya im the idiot here me the CBO and the economists are the idiots , are liberal minds just cant seem to get passed the facts.
    http://www.humanevents.com/2012/09/2...bama-stimulus/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    It does increase GNP/GDP, but it does no good if the feds spend it all. The problem isn't taxes, it's spending. But since nobody wants their favorite programs cut, the country keeps racking up debt. It's going to take someone with balls to tell people who administer or rely on these programs that changes will need to be made and that they will have to make do with less, because we as a nation cannot afford it anymore. Neither Romney nor Obama have the balls to do that, which is why I have been and am still considering sitting this election out.
    Thats pretty much what the article states that I just posted

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    It does increase GNP/GDP, but it does no good if the feds spend it all. The problem isn't taxes, it's spending. But since nobody wants their favorite programs cut, the country keeps racking up debt. It's going to take someone with balls to tell people who administer or rely on these programs that changes will need to be made and that they will have to make do with less, because we as a nation cannot afford it anymore. Neither Romney nor Obama have the balls to do that, which is why I have been and am still considering sitting this election out.
    Perfectly said!!! You cannot cut taxes and continue to spend at the same rate it doesnt work it only creates more debt, i knew some one would understand this.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Yes they do because your spending the same and taking in less which means your spending dollars you dont have, how is that not contributing to the debt. Economists and the CBO estimate that the tax cuts added 1.6 trillion dollars in debt and thats excluding interest, so ya im the idiot here me the CBO and the economists are the idiots , are liberal minds just cant seem to get passed the facts.
    Here's a novel idea: Spend WHAT YOU HAVE. LOL, again, typical liberal mentality. That is just plain hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfectly said!!! You cannot cut taxes and continue to spend at the same rate it doesnt work it only creates more debt, i knew some one would understand this.
    That is the core fault in liberal mentality. If you spend what you have then you will have a balanced budget, Instead, liberals spend what they take in so again, taxes could be at 80% and they would STILL not get anywhere because they would just create more programs and enable the lazy people in this country.

For someone who made the comment, I'm extremely surprised you don't see that. But again that is typical.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Here's a novel idea: Spend WHAT YOU HAVE. LOL, again, typical liberal mentality. That is just plain hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the core fault in liberal mentality. If you spend what you have then you will have a balanced budget, Instead, liberals spend what they take in so again, taxes could be at 80% and they would STILL not get anywhere because they would just create more programs and enable the lazy people in this country.

For someone who made the comment, I'm extremely surprised you don't see that. But again that is typical.
    again im a libertarian not a liberal, goverment has been spending long before obama got into office. enlighten me tell what factors have caused the debt to rise and which are exclusive to obama?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

again im a libertarian not a liberal, goverment has been spending long before obama got into office. enlighten me tell what factors have caused the debt to rise and which are exclusive to obama?
    Exactly what has Obama done to curtail the debt/deficit? I believe the deficit is at 1.5 trillion this year?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

He promised to cut the deficit in half.

Next time.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    20 Trillion in debt here we come.

Obama has singlehandedly doubled the national debt and hasn't improved the economy one bit.

"If I am elected president I will cut the deficit in half and reduce employment to 5% in my first term or I will not run for reelection"

LMAO. Close your eyes, keep blaming everyone else, and keep on sucking hard Obama knob slobberers.
    This is the most frustrating part of this whole fiasco: The Republicans recognize that Obama's budget plan will balloon the national debt and are completely correct in pointing out the foolishness of people who believed his campaign fairy tales about reducing the debt.
    But then they turn around and pimp Romney for the exact same reason!

Yeah. Hello 20 Trillion.

GBMel, How the Hell are you gonna ridicule steeldawg like that when you're doing the exact same thing he is?

Show of hands: Who here *actually* believes Romney's campaign promises about reducing the debt?
    /why you people gotta be like that??
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Exactly what has Obama done to curtail the debt/deficit? I believe the deficit is at 1.5 trillion this year?
    Yes because we are in a slow recovery due to the recession we have the war and the tax cuts are still in place. No obama has not fixed the problem but he also did not create all of them, this statistic that obama created 4.5 million dollars in debt is ridiculous. The recession itself added 1.7 trillion dollars to the debt, the bushs response TARP 179 billion, the tax cuts 1.6 trillion, the stimulus (obama) 1.2 trillion, and the wars which are bushs 739 billion. You guys think i support obama simply because i do not blame all of the nations problems on him thats not the case, i also am not a romney supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    This is the most frustrating part of this whole fiasco: The Republicans recognize that Obama's budget plan will balloon the national debt and are completely correct in pointing out the foolishness of people who believed his campaign fairy tales about reducing the debt.
    But then they turn around and pimp Romney for the exact same reason!

Yeah. Hello 20 Trillion.

GBMel, How the Hell are you gonna ridicule steeldawg like that when you're doing the exact same thing he is?

Show of hands: Who here *actually* believes Romney's campaign promises about reducing the debt?
    /why you people gotta be like that??
    Lol i have no delusions about obama reducing the debt, i didnt vote for him and i wont vote for him this time, but im also not dumb enough to vote for romney. Im just pointing out that you cant cut taxes and spend at the same time because the debt will rise and that exactly what we have been doing. Romney is promising tax cuts spending cuts and debt reduction cant wait to see that magic show.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Yes because we are in a slow recovery due to the recession we have the war and the tax cuts are still in place. No obama has not fixed the problem but he also did not create all of them, this statistic that obama created 4.5 million dollars in debt is ridiculous. The recession itself added 1.7 trillion dollars to the debt, the bushs response TARP 179 billion, the tax cuts 1.6 trillion, the stimulus (obama) 1.2 trillion, and the wars which are bushs 739 billion. You guys think i support obama simply because i do not blame all of the nations problems on him thats not the case, i also am not a romney supporter.
    Well again, Obama had 2 full years of a complicit environment in Washington, not to mention the media in his back pocket. Yet, he bloated the deficit under his watch. Did nothing to decrease it.

As far as blaming Bush, Obama has been in power for 4 years. This is his mess now. If he didn't do anything to CHANGE, than he is to blame.

Well again, Obama had 2 full years of a complicit environment in Washington, not to mention the media in his back pocket. Yet, he bloated the deficit under his watch. Did nothing to decrease it.

As far as blaming Bush, Obama has been in power for 4 years. This is his mess now. If he didn't do anything to CHANGE, than he is to blame.
    Oh i see in 4 years he should of fixed all of the problems republicans created, but because he didnt do it, we should put republicans back in.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Lol i have no delusions about obama reducing the debt, i didnt vote for him and i wont vote for him this time, but im also not dumb enough to vote for romney. Im just pointing out that you cant cut taxes and spend at the same time because the debt will rise and that exactly what we have been doing. Romney is promising tax cuts spending cuts and debt reduction cant wait to see that magic show.
    My apologies for for stating it that way. *He* was coming from there and I was pointing out the mind-numbing hypocrisy.
    And yeah. Anyone who's actually seen Romney's budget proposal knows that all his fiscal "I'm gonna balance the budget and cut the deficit" rhetoric is just more "hopey-changey" bullshit.
    It's sad. Even more so when you look at how hostile and confrontational their behavior is about it. "Knob slobbering"?? Matthew 7:5. Just replace "plank/ eye" with "penis/ mouth". Way over the top.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

My apologies for for stating it that way. *He* was coming from there and I was pointing out the mind-numbing hypocrisy.
    And yeah. Anyone who's actually seen Romney's budget proposal knows that all his fiscal "I'm gonna balance the budget and cut the deficit" rhetoric is just more "hopey-changey" bullshit.
    It's sad. Even more so when you look at how hostile and confrontational their behavior is about it. "Knob slobbering"?? Matthew 7:5. Just replace "plank/ eye" with "penis/ mouth". Way over the top.
    Its ok ive kinda gotten the reputation on here of being a mindless liberal obama supporter, simply because i dont blame him for everything. Romney i couldnt agree more, he will change nothing in fact i think things will get worse with republicans controlling everything.

Oh i see in 4 years he should of fixed all of the problems republicans created, but because he didnt do it, we should put republicans back in.
    He should have at least shown some signs of improvement. Americans (and Canadians by default) are screwed for not only the next 4 years, but perhaps for the next 20. It is going to take a long time before the populace figures out that government is not the answer to their woes. IF this sense of entitlement is ever weaned from the collective conscience of the general public, real change can start to occur. Until then, it is a moot point as to who gets elected. Obama has proved he has no answers. Romney has at least had some successes in his history. Plus, a second term president would be much more dangerous than a president that may want to run again in 4 years.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

It boggles my mind that there are people that can't see the difference between these two candidates.

Obama wants the job because of the power. He really doesn't see the problems this country has as actual problems. He has another agenda and these "so called problems" fits the strategy to achieve his agenda.

Romney recognizes the problems and wants the job to fix the problems. That's what he is... a fixer. That's what he is good at. That's what he has always been succesful at. Nobody in their right mind thinks it's going to be easy. But I know that Mitt Romney's first and only goal is to pull this country back to it's feet in every aspect both at home and abroad. There is no hidden agenda with this man.

I have already placed my vote with Mitt Romney. In Ohio.

Unlike all the naysayers, I have complete confidence in the American people that they will no longer accept what is in reality double digit unemployment, $4.00 gas prices, higher taxes and complete incompetency in foreign relation matters, a healthcare plan that was forced down our throats that will cripple the entire healthcare system, all the lies and a president that refuses to accept responsibilty for a single thing. Except for killing Bin Laden, which was actually done by true American heros, and this president has practically drug the corpse from battleground state to battleground state. Al Qaeda is dimished with their tails between their legs? Tell that to the ambassador of Libya and the 3 men that died on 9-11-12. Admitting the truth does not fit this president's agenda.

sorry....that was the videos fault and they are going to punish the filmaker.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Romney has at least had some successes in his history. Plus, a second term president would be much more dangerous than a president that may want to run again in 4 years.
    Agreed. Romney is an expert in balancing business and governmental budgets moreso than anyone else in this country I am aware of...

But, unfortunately this does not compute with libs or scorched earth libertarians.

20 trillion debt and business crushing legislation here we come!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Its ok ive kinda gotten the reputation on here of being a mindless liberal obama supporter, simply because i dont blame him for everything. Romney i couldnt agree more, he will change nothing in fact i think things will get worse with republicans controlling everything.
    Yes, it can be done. And already has.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/the-ob...rticle/2506026

Obama wants the job because of the power. He really doesn't see the problems this country has as actual problems. He has another agenda and these "so called problems" fits the strategy to achieve his agenda.

Romney recognizes the problems and wants the job to fix the problems. That's what he is... a fixer. That's what he is good at. That's what he has always been succesful at. Nobody in their right mind thinks it's going to be easy. But I know that Mitt Romney's first and only goal is to pull this country back to it's feet in every aspect both at home and abroad. There is no hidden agenda with this man.
    About the only part I agree with is highlighted. It's not hidden, but you do have to take the time to look at it and it doesn't agree with what he says. He has outlined exactly what he plans to do to "fix this problem", and guess what? It's exactly the same thing that Obama's been doing. That's why he publicly endorsed everything Obama did at the time he was doing it. That ain't rhetoric on my part or "scorched Earth libertarianism" on my part, it's HIS OWN FREAKIN' BUDGET PROPOSAL and HIS OWN FREAKIN' STATEMENTS!
    Yeah, in your opinion he's a good decent man who has good intentions, yada yada, whatever. We heard this all before and I don't see you being overly- kind to the people who fell for it last time.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Yes, it can be done. And already has.
    News flash: Romney ain't Reagan. If you want someone who's going to do the things that Reagan did to drive a recovery, you're backing the wrong horse.

Yeah, in your opinion he's a good decent man who has good intentions, yada yada, whatever. We heard this all before and I don't see you beingthe people who overly- kind to fell for it last time

You're absolutely right. Because I NEVER fell for it. Me and millions of others like me saw Obama for exactly what he is 4 years ago. There is NOT ONE THING that has happened in the country over the last 4 years that surprises me. We are exactly where I thought we would be. Obama is the biggest fraud that has ever been pulled on this nation. And there is no way he deserves another 4 years in office. Once he named SEAL Team 6 as the unit that killed Bin Laden, he showed exactly how incompetent he was to commander in chief. He put a target on those men and their families. This is inexcusable.

Romney has already proven he can work succesfully with both parties and get real work done in government. Obama will only agree to what he wants. The American people spoke when the put Republicans back in the majority in the House after the "passage" of Obamacare. No More.

- - - Updated - - -

News flash: Romney ain't Reagan. If you want someone who's going to do the things that Reagan did to drive a recovery, you're backing the wrong horse.
    That's your opinion. And I'm sure there were plenty who thought Reagan was just an actor.

You know... if all that horseshit up-stream about "Romney wants to fix the economy" is true, it'd be easy enough to prove. He's been running for President since before the economy collapsed, so we can find all sorts of statements from him about his concerns and how we need to do things differently, right?
    Riight??

How gullible *are* you people?

And for the record, nobody is claiming Romney to be Reagan. You are saying that it just can't be done. Well, yes, it can be done.

You're absolutely right. Because I NEVER fell for it. Me and millions of others like me saw Obama for exactly what he is 4 years ago. There is NOT ONE THING that has happened in the country over the last 4 years that surprises me. We are exactly where I thought we would be. Obama is the biggest fraud that has ever been pulled on this nation. And there is no way he deserves another 4 years in office.
    I absolutely 100% agree, but you're in the exact same boat because you're falling for it *right now*! You don't recognize that you're being duped in the exact same way. And if (by some miracle) Romney *did* somehow get elected, I guarantee you you have not the foggiest idea of what he would really do.
    Jesus, man! Read his budget proposal and quit relying on hope and change!

I absolutely 100% agree, but you're in the exact same boat because you're falling for it *right now*! You don't recognize that you're being duped in the exact same way. And if (by some miracle) Romney *did* somehow get elected, I guarantee you you have not the foggiest idea of what he would really do.
    Jesus, man! Read his budget proposal and quit relying on hope and change!
    So you are ok with the staus quo and willing to reward a failed president with a second term to continue to destroy this country instead of letting someone else, who actually has a proven record of turning failures into success, a chance.

Alrighty then.

Reagan was just an actor.

And for the record, nobody is claiming Romney to be Reagan. You are saying that it just can't be done. Well, yes, it can be done.
    If you acknowledge that Romney isn't Reagan, then quit pointing to Reagan as if Romney could or would do the same thing. It's sad, like how the Obama supporters keep bringing up Clinton.
    Yeah, it *could* be done in theory, but in practice? It won't be done. This is a different crew with different priorities and they're in a different environment.

Pointing at Reagan as "something today's Republicans can do" is as absurd as pointing at the 1979 Steelers as something today's crew "can do".
    I *want* us to do what they did back then, and if the Republicans would adopt the people who want to do it instead of shutting them out, they might be able to someday.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are ok with the staus quo and willing to reward a failed president with a second term to continue to destroy this country instead of letting someone else, who actually has a proven record of turning failures into success, a chance.

Alrighty then.

Reagan was just an actor.
    "A chance" to do what?? The same thing Obama's doing? That's his proposal!! What do you not get? To what end? So the Republicans can lose whatever credibility they have left?

And please have the decency to not try to make up my arguments for me. I'm a whole lot better at understanding my argument than you are. This straw man garbage is childish.

You don't know it can't be done until you give it a chance. You already know what Obama will do. Or in his case, won't do.

Romney has the unique advantage of knowing what didn't work under both Bush and Obama.

The man has never been called stupid.

You don't know it can't be done until you give it a chance. You already know what Obama will do. Or in his case, won't do.

Romney has the unique advantage of knowing what didn't work under both Bush and Obama.

The man has never been called stupid.
    I'm certainly not about to start calling him stupid either, but (in my best Chris Berman voice) C'mon, maan! "We have to vote for this to find out what's in it" is *Nancy Pelosi's* line. We already know what's in it. All you have to do is read it.
    If he's so aware of what went wrong under Dubya and Obama, then why is he proposing to do all the things that they did?

What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?

Kinda hard to answer, huh? You see what I mean now about "falling for the hope 'n' change rhetoric"? Face it; you have absolutely no basis for believing that Romney will do anything different except your own "hope" that he will.
    You're being played for a sucker just like the Obama supporters you're complaining about.

You don't know it can't be done until you give it a chance.
    I don't know for certain that I can't fly like a goddamn "Matrix" character either, but I'm pretty sure it ain't worth finding out.