Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Romney Ekes Out Bragging Rights

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Re: Poll: Romney Ekes Out Bragging Rights

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    If the number of Obama signs I see everywhere in my area of Ohio is any indication, there isn't much chance of Romney winning Ohio...... unfortunately.
    Not necessarily. There appear to be more Romney signs than Obama signs here in MA. Sometimes the minority can be more vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Look at it this way, you have two choices. You can either get in the car with the drunk at the wheel. Or your other choice is you can get in the car with the drunk blind guy who's expressed suicidal thoughts as your driver. ( and you can't walk stay put or take the wheel yourself )

Seriously though I think Romney can help this country for many reasons. And I have no trouble throwing my support behind him. I don't view it as a default position whatseover.

Last thing. Politicians are like race horses. They all got a hole in them somehwere. If you'll only settle for the unflawed perfect specimen, you'll never have yourself a horse.
    The problem is, it's usually the one on the backside that they blow hot air from every time they speak.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    If the number of Obama signs I see everywhere in my area of Ohio is any indication, there isn't much chance of Romney winning Ohio...... unfortunately.
    Really? I see very few Obama signs....Romney signs everywhere I look in southern Ohio.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Originally Posted by silver & black

If the number of Obama signs I see everywhere in my area of Ohio is any indication, there isn't much chance of Romney winning Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Really? I see very few Obama signs....Romney signs everywhere I look in southern Ohio.
    I think he is talking about the signs in his front yard.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    The problem is, it's usually the one on the backside that they blow hot air from every time they speak.
    'Zackly. Except in ol' Mitt's case, it ain't just a "hole". It's the friggin' Squirrel Hill tunnel.

Zu reminds me of a particularly persistent used car salesman tryin' to sell me the remains of something the Mythbusters were playing with. Talkin' 'bout "hey, all cars have *some* minor dents 'n' scratches..."
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    I agree if you look at the swing states obama is leading in, assuming he wins those it wont be close at all.
    Actually that nots true. A candidate needs 270 electoral votes to win an election. Romney is leading in the swing states of Florida, Colorado, North Carolina, and Virginia....which would give him 257 electoral votes.

If he takes Ohio (Which the latest Rasmussen Poll says is a statistical tie)...Romney wins pure and simple.

In fact New Hampshire and Iowa are also statistical ties and if Romney wins both of those also, he wins the election 285 to 253.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I think he is talking about the signs in his front yard.
    I think you know better than that.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I don't know guys. I just can't believe how perception is delivered here in Canada.

Some comments I have heard in the past week:

"I can't believe the Americans would choose to put up a guy like Romney"

"Obama has done a great job, look how bad Bush left the country"

"You DON'T like Obama? Why?"

Sorry to say, but I have a feeling that Romney is done like dinner and you have the "honor" of 4 more years of perhaps the worst individual to ever sit as your President.

Gob Bless America.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

@Count Steeler,
    I've heard that Obama is immensely more popular overseas, but of course they can't vote for our President (and thank goodness for that)!
    But yeah... unless something changes in the next 10 days, Romney is done. Not because of Canadian media or yard signs, but simply because of the polling. He's failed to do so much as tie Obama for even one day in the EV count, and that's pretty much unheard of. And while he managed to narrow the gap after his first debate, any momentum he had died last week and he's been steadily backsliding since then.
    So it looks like four more years of Obama, which sucks out loud. But as I've been saying, Romney wouldn't have been any different and might've done even more damage. Yay, democracy.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I don't know guys. I just can't believe how perception is delivered here in Canada.

Sorry to say, but I have a feeling that Romney is done like dinner and you have the "honor" of 4 more years of perhaps the worst individual to ever sit as your President.

Gob Bless America.
    Those people need to stop reading/watching mainstream American media and really do their homework. Obama has done far more to cripple this country in the past 4 years than Bush could have possibly done in 8. Sadly, there are enough clowns in this country who will vote for him no matter what, and he will be re-elected. I am not buying all of these polls that say Romney is ahead or even.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post

Gob Bless America.
    Romney is done, and is absolutely a worse choice for this country than obama. To call obama the worst president ever is a bit of a stretch of witnessing 8 years of george bush.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Those people need to stop reading/watching mainstream American media and really do their homework. Obama has done far more to cripple this country in the past 4 years than Bush could have possibly done in 8. Sadly, there are enough clowns in this country who will vote for him no matter what, and he will be re-elected. I am not buying all of these polls that say Romney is ahead or even.
    What has obama done far more of to cripple this country?

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

What has obama done far more of to cripple this country?
    - Stimulus
    - Obamacare
    - Government-subsidized clean energy failures
    - XL Pipeline
    - Overall U.S. weakness internationally (Nuclear Iran, chaos in Libya, Afghanistan debacle, to name a few)
    - Wants to roll back Bush tax cuts (they are not all for "the wealthy", as a whole lot of small business would be hurt by that on top of all of the regulations and taxes in Obamacare)

Anything else you need to know?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

In light of the latest news regarding Libya, I cannot even fathom what would happen should the US experience another terrorist attack of the magnitutude of 9/11 under the Obama adminstration.

- Stimulus
    - Obamacare
    - Government-subsidized clean energy failures
    - XL Pipeline
    - Overall U.S. weakness internationally (Nuclear Iran, chaos in Libya, Afghanistan debacle, to name a few)
    - Wants to roll back Bush tax cuts (they are not all for "the wealthy", as a whole lot of small business would be hurt by that on top of all of the regulations and taxes in Obamacare)

Anything else you need to know?
    Well the stimulus was necessary even republicans were proposing a stimulus, bush tax cuts were a factor that actually increased our debt, obamacare really has not had any effect on america let alone a crippling effect, xl pipeline crippled america? If you want to know what really crippled this country just look at the 2 wars, bush tax cuts, and the recession, oh and lets not forget tarp. everything you listed has not contributed or has contributed very little to the current situation. How can you list the roll back of the tax cuts as being crippling when we had the tax cuts and went into a recession.

Well the stimulus was necessary even republicans were proposing a stimulus, bush tax cuts were a factor that actually increased our debt, obamacare really has not had any effect on america let alone a crippling effect, xl pipeline crippled america? If you want to know what really crippled this country just look at the 2 wars, bush tax cuts, and the recession, oh and lets not forget tarp. everything you listed has not contributed or has contributed very little to the current situation. How can you list the roll back of the tax cuts as being crippling when we had the tax cuts and went into a recession.
    Did the stimulus help anything? Besides government jobs, of course? Well if it did, please show me, because the last time I checked, unemployment is still high and jobs are not being created at the rate that we need. Obamacare, when fully implemented, is going to KILL small business while not coming close to insuring the number of people they claimed they wanted to help. Delaying the XL Pipeline shut down thousands of good paying UNION jobs and would provide relief at the gas pump. Rolling back ALL of the tax cuts would most certainly kill small businesses as, as I've said, they would be paying higher taxes ON TOP of all of the crap they'll have to put up with through Obamacare. He needs to do more to HELP small businesses, not HURT them.

BTW, the recession was caused by the collapse of the housing bubble, with the factors contributing to it starting well before Bush took over. People were trying to warn Congress (which was Democratic at the time) that the collapse was coming, but nobody wanted to hear it. So that was NOT all Bush's fault. Even with the wars, if the warning signs of the housing market were heeded and corrected, the recession may not have happened.

Are you SURE you're not a liberal?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

20 Trillion in debt here we come.

Obama has singlehandedly doubled the national debt and hasn't improved the economy one bit.

"If I am elected president I will cut the deficit in half and reduce employment to 5% in my first term or I will not run for reelection"

LMAO. Close your eyes, keep blaming everyone else, and keep on sucking hard Obama knob slobberers.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Did the stimulus help anything? Besides government jobs, of course? Well if it did, please show me, because the last time I checked, unemployment is still high and jobs are not being created at the rate that we need. Obamacare, when fully implemented, is going to KILL small business while not coming close to insuring the number of people they claimed they wanted to help. Delaying the XL Pipeline shut down thousands of good paying UNION jobs and would provide relief at the gas pump. Rolling back ALL of the tax cuts would most certainly kill small businesses as, as I've said, they would be paying higher taxes ON TOP of all of the crap they'll have to put up with through Obamacare. He needs to do more to HELP small businesses, not HURT them.

BTW, the recession was caused by the collapse of the housing bubble, with the factors contributing to it starting well before Bush took over. People were trying to warn Congress (which was Democratic at the time) that the collapse was coming, but nobody wanted to hear it. So that was NOT all Bush's fault. Even with the wars, if the warning signs of the housing market were heeded and corrected, the recession may not have happened.

Are you SURE you're not a liberal?
    The stimulus stopped the economy from falling off a cliff, and got us back on a recovery path. how could rolling the tax cuts back kill small businesses, when the tax cuts were not in effect small businesses were thriving. I never said the recession was all bushs fault, all i said was it was a huge part of the debt, and certainly well in affect before obama took office. Obamacare, is so dangerous so republicans say, is it i dont know? Im not going to bash the president for things that havent happened. Im not liberal, im just realistic, you called him crippling to this country and someone else said the worst individual to ever sit as president, i think thats ridiculous. Your saying all these things that happened before bush caused the recession but blaming obama for the state of the economy, then holding him accountable for future events that havent taken place.

The stimulus stopped the economy from falling off a cliff, and got us back on a recovery path. how could rolling the tax cuts back kill small businesses, when the tax cuts were not in effect small businesses were thriving. I never said the recession was all bushs fault, all i said was it was a huge part of the debt, and certainly well in affect before obama took office. Obamacare, is so dangerous so republicans say, is it i dont know? Im not going to bash the president for things that havent happened. Im not liberal, im just realistic, you called him crippling to this country and someone else said the worst individual to ever sit as president, i think thats ridiculous. Your saying all these things that happened before bush caused the recession but blaming obama for the state of the economy, then holding him accountable for future events that havent taken place.
    You want to know how rolling back those tax cuts will hurt small businesses? Try asking a business owner like Mach1 or smokin. Everything I have said about this issue, they have repeatedly said. They are already hurting with all of the regulations that have come down the pike over the past few years. Rolling back tax cuts on them will hurt them even more, and then when you add on all of the Obamacare regulations...well, let's just say it won't be a good thing. There are already business owners saying that they will lay off employees to get below a certain threshold in order to be exempt from Obamacare penalties, and some will rather pay the penalty for not offering coverage because it would be far cheaper. But you keep on thinking it won't be a problem. I'm not going to stop you. He took the debt that he inherited from Bush and put it on steroids, putting the country in such a deep hole that we may as well call ourselves a satellite country of China. His policies are hurting the country now, and if he is re-elected, you may as well kiss the country you know goodbye. His record over the past 4 years has most certainly put him in the conversation as the worst President ever, almost as bad as Carter.

You want to know how rolling back those tax cuts will hurt small businesses? Try asking a business owner like Mach1 or smokin. Everything I have said about this issue, they have repeatedly said. They are already hurting with all of the regulations that have come down the pike over the past few years. Rolling back tax cuts on them will hurt them even more, and then when you add on all of the Obamacare regulations...well, let's just say it won't be a good thing. There are already business owners saying that they will lay off employees to get below a certain threshold in order to be exempt from Obamacare penalties, and some will rather pay the penalty for not offering coverage because it would be far cheaper. But you keep on thinking it won't be a problem. I'm not going to stop you. He took the debt that he inherited from Bush and put it on steroids, putting the country in such a deep hole that we may as well call ourselves a satellite country of China. His policies are hurting the country now, and if he is re-elected, you may as well kiss the country you know goodbye. His record over the past 4 years has most certainly put him in the conversation as the worst President ever, almost as bad as Carter.
    America exsisted before the tax cuts, businesses functioned without the tax cuts, to act like a roll back of the tax cuts will cripple small businesses is just not true. You keep bringing up the debt what policies of obama gave us all that debt? we know that the debt was caused by the 2 wars, the recession, and the tax cuts. Im not arguing the tax cuts dont help businesses but it does not benefit our economy or our deficit. The proof is right in front of us the tax cuts created debt, we went into a recession, and umemployment sky rocketed. You could make an arguement to not tax businesses at all and they would use all that extra money to create more jobs, but we know thats not what would happen. I am for middle class tax cuts, its the cuts on the wealthy i think should be rolled back. I think the middle class cuts should stay in place because whatever extra money that goes into middle class pockets gets reinvested into the economy.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

America exsisted before the tax cuts, businesses functioned without the tax cuts, to act like a roll back of the tax cuts will cripple small businesses is just not true. You keep bringing up the debt what policies of obama gave us all that debt? we know that the debt was caused by the 2 wars, the recession, and the tax cuts. Im not arguing the tax cuts dont help businesses but it does not benefit our economy or our deficit. The proof is right in front of us the tax cuts created debt, we went into a recession, and umemployment sky rocketed. You could make an arguement to not tax businesses at all and they would use all that extra money to create more jobs, but we know thats not what would happen. I am for middle class tax cuts, its the cuts on the wealthy i think should be rolled back. I think the middle class cuts should stay in place because whatever extra money that goes into middle class pockets gets reinvested into the economy.
    Funny how guys who fly coach know how to fly the plane. You know, last year we did over a million dollars in sales. Holy shit! A MILLION DOLLARS! I'm just another fat cat small business owner. According to our President we're even in the same small business category as Donald Trump!

After payroll, overhead, and taxes we netted about $65k for the year. Subtract $36k/year for the next 5 years from that number because that's how much it just cost us to replace worn out equipment and that leaves us with $29k. $29k for the year!! I need 2 more drivers to keep take care of customers and take on new accounts but I can't even hire ONE! A driver cost us 32k/year! That would put us 3k in the RED. That would eat up the rest of our "profits" just to add jobs! We can't hire because we can't afford it! We can't take on new accounts because we can't service them with the drivers we have now. Are you catching on yet? One more thing about that measly little $29k. That's BEFORE Bush's tax cuts expire, obama care taxes/penalties, cap and trade/emission taxes take effect,new taxes, new regulations, bi-yearly increases in steel, cement, rock, fuel, tires, truck registration (currently $1500/truck x 10 trucks and goes up every year) and general liabilities/operating expenses. And guess what, we're not the only ones dealing with all of this. All of our suppliers do too! Do you know what happens when it cost them more to stay in business? They charge us more!

Before you pipe off about how we need to run our business more efficiently or go over the books because something is wrong, out of 10 competitors in the area, 4 went completely out of business as of now, and the rest are operating at a yearly loss. One of them went $950 million in the red last year. We are probably the only ones that are "profitable" in the area.

So please, tell me how much more of our money we can afford to or should give the feds to finance their ridiculous spending and regulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Funny how guys who fly coach know how to fly the plane. You know, last year we did over a million dollars in sales. Holy shit! A MILLION DOLLARS! I'm just another fat cat small business owner. According to our President we're even in the same small business category as Donald Trump!

After payroll, overhead, and taxes we netted about $65k for the year. Subtract $36k/year for the next 5 years from that number because that's how much it just cost us to replace worn out equipment and that leaves us with $29k. $29k for the year!! I need 2 more drivers to keep take care of customers and take on new accounts but I can't even hire ONE! A driver cost us 32k/year! That would put us 3k in the RED. That would eat up the rest of our "profits" just to add jobs! We can't hire because we can't afford it! We can't take on new accounts because we can't service them with the drivers we have now. Are you catching on yet? One more thing about that measly little $29k. That's BEFORE Bush's tax cuts expire, obama care taxes/penalties, cap and trade/emission taxes take effect,new taxes, new regulations,bi-yearly increases in steel, cement, rock, fuel, tires, truck registration (currently $1500/truck x 10 trucks and goes up every year) and general liabilities/operating expenses. And guess what, we're not the only ones dealing with all of this. All of our suppliers do too! Do you know what happens when it cost them more to stay in business? They charge us more!

Before you pipe off about how we need to run our business more efficiently or go over the books because something is wrong, out of 10 competitors in the area, 4 went completely out of business as of now, and the rest are operating at a yearly loss. One of them went $950 million in the red last year. We are probably the only ones that are "profitable" in the area.

So please, tell me how much more of our money we can afford to or should give the feds to finance their ridiculous spending and regulations.
    You're the "evil" rich and you need to pay your fair share! We are obliged to spread your "obscene wealth" around!

After payroll, overhead, and taxes we netted about $65k for the year. Subtract $36k/year for the next 5 years from that number because that's how much it just cost us to replace worn out equipment and that leaves us with $29k. $29k for the year!! I need 2 more drivers to keep take care of customers and take on new accounts but I can't even hire ONE! A driver cost us 32k/year! That would put us 3k in the RED. That would eat up the rest of our "profits" just to add jobs! We can't hire because we can't afford it! We can't take on new accounts because we can't service them with the drivers we have now. Are you catching on yet? One more thing about that measly little $29k. That's BEFORE Bush's tax cuts expire, obama care taxes/penalties, cap and trade/emission taxes take effect,new taxes, new regulations, bi-yearly increases in steel, cement, rock, fuel, tires, truck registration (currently $1500/truck x 10 trucks and goes up every year) and general liabilities/operating expenses. And guess what, we're not the only ones dealing with all of this. All of our suppliers do too! Do you know what happens when it cost them more to stay in business? They charge us more!

Apparently none of that matters to steeldawg. You grossed a million dollars, therefore you do not deserve a tax cut. Sorry!

That kind of thinking is why things are so fucked up in this country as it is.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

And of course, smokin, "you didn't build that". When exactly did government become the "savior" and the small business sector become the "rich evil"? Instead of being grateful for the risk and the hard work put in by the small business owners, they are despised and perceived to be greedy bastards. And if any profits remain, they should be willingly put into the government pot, so that they can be squandered and wasted on ridiculous "green" (payola) programs and other worthy government bullshit.

Obama has had 4 years, his first 2 years with the Senate and the House on his side. How exactly did he fix the USA? What exactly did he CHANGE?
    Sure is impressive that he has expanded the deficit to unfathomable levels in such a short time. To say he hasn't had time to make a difference, is to ignore the impact he has had on the US economy and how quickly he was able to bloat government.

I HOPE he doesn't win re-election, but my eyes and brain say otherwise.

Ok let me just stop you right there because i am a small business owner myself!!!! wait you did over a million in sales, but after overhead, taxes, and payroll you netted 65k......then your taking another 35k out of your net for equipment, thats not included in your overhead expenses? Let me ask you this? and im only asking because you volunteered your earnings otherwise i would not ask. what was your taxable net income off that 1 million? I know when my taxes are done for my company my expenses are deducted from my total revenue and then im taxed on the net income.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

I think bantering back and forth with steeldawg is like hitting head against the wall. You just need to stop, you're not getting anywhere.

Any one who says that "tax cuts" increases the deficit is just plain ignorant and is typical liberal mentality.

Lower taxes DOES NOT INCREASE DEBT, because YOU"RE NOT GIVING MONEY AWAY. You're simply NOT TAKING AS MUCH.

I'd be willing to bet that with all the corruption in the government, rep and dem, you could collect 80% taxes from all citizens and it still wouldn't do any good. The more money the government takes, the more it spends.

Sort of like putting something on a credit card and saying "when I get paid, I'll pay it off". When the time comes that you get paid, you don't want to "waste" all that money paying off the credit card bill when you can make the minimum payment AND still have more fun with the "ear marked" money.

Liberals just don't get it.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Obama is just as bad as Jimmy Carter. My mother voted for Carter and does not like any Republicans. She mistakenly parroted that Romney wants to eliminate cap gains taxes and since all his income is from cap gains, he will not pay any taxes. Wrong. The threshold is $250k income.

As for BO on small business, there is no incentive to grow a business because the more money you make the more the government takes. Soon people will not want to work hard or be creative which will turn us into socialist Europe.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

One thing liberals never understand is that decreasing taxes will always increase the GNP, therefore even though by percentage taxes go down you have a much larger pond to draw from, and in the end the government has more money coming in.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    I think bantering back and forth with steeldawg is like hitting head against the wall. You just need to stop, you're not getting anywhere.

Any one who says that "tax cuts" increases the deficit is just plain ignorant and is typical liberal mentality.

Lower taxes DOES NOT INCREASE DEBT, because YOU"RE NOT GIVING MONEY AWAY. You're simply NOT TAKING AS MUCH.

I'd be willing to bet that with all the corruption in the government, rep and dem, you could collect 80% taxes from all citizens and it still wouldn't do any good. The more money the government takes, the more it spends.

Sort of like putting something on a credit card and saying "when I get paid, I'll pay it off". When the time comes that you get paid, you don't want to "waste" all that money paying off the credit card bill when you can make the minimum payment AND still have more fun with the "ear marked" money.

Liberals just don't get it.
    Yes they do because your spending the same and taking in less which means your spending dollars you dont have, how is that not contributing to the debt. Economists and the CBO estimate that the tax cuts added 1.6 trillion dollars in debt and thats excluding interest, so ya im the idiot here me the CBO and the economists are the idiots , are liberal minds just cant seem to get passed the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    One thing liberals never understand is that decreasing taxes will always increase the GNP, therefore even though by percentage taxes go down you have a much larger pond to draw from, and in the end the government has more money coming in.
    It does increase GNP/GDP, but it does no good if the feds spend it all. The problem isn't taxes, it's spending. But since nobody wants their favorite programs cut, the country keeps racking up debt. It's going to take someone with balls to tell people who administer or rely on these programs that changes will need to be made and that they will have to make do with less, because we as a nation cannot afford it anymore. Neither Romney nor Obama have the balls to do that, which is why I have been and am still considering sitting this election out.