Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SU Fantasy League on Yahoo

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: SU Fantasy League on Yahoo

I'm in, that makes 11 of us, what are we going to 12?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Damn I wont be able to be online for the draft, hope auto draft doesn't screw me again, last year it drafted 2 kickers for me.

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

ATTENTION MEMBERS: Because we currently have an odd number of teams and possibly a number of people that are going to be missing, I am going to reschedule the draft to Wednesday at 7:30. If this is a problem please let me know.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Senior Member Array title="PalmerSteel is on a distinguished road"> PalmerSteel's Avatar

i just signed up to make the 12th team. count me in for wednesday!
    "I think they can count on me. And I want them to be able to count on me."
    ~ Big Ben Roethlisberger, 2005

Senior Member Array title="PalmerSteel is on a distinguished road"> PalmerSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Damn I wont be able to be online for the draft, hope auto draft doesn't screw me again, last year it drafted 2 kickers for me.
    little tip i use if i cant make a draft - delete all kickers from your autodraft list. they are a dime a dozen and can be added later before regular season starts.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerSteel View Post
    little tip i use if i cant make a draft - delete all kickers from your autodraft list. they are a dime a dozen and can be added later before regular season starts.
    And TE's too. Other than the Top 3 or 4 (which usually get drafted somewhere in the first 4-7 rounds), i.e. Gates, Gonzalez, Shiancoe, Clark - TE's generally aren't huge point producers and a pick in those rounds can be much better utilized imho.

Wednesday night is fine with me Matt and thanks Palmer for giving us our dozen!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Commissioner Note Posted

Addressing a series of issues.

Draft Day-Good Point Marianne. This is actually the first year I have ran a league in a couple of years. After this point, anyone who can not make this draft, please have players pre-ranked. I am sorry for any and all inconvenience this may have caused. Another idea to consider is maybe not scheduling a draft day until later whenever the numbers are pretty much set and see a day that everyone can agree on for a league in 2011 should there be a NFL Season. I DO NOT PLAN ON DOING ANY SORT OF AUTOMATIC DRAFT IT WILL BE LIVE UNLESS THE LEAGUE OPINION CHANGES!!!!!

Scheduling-K9, I usually like to go all 17, but dropping it to weeks 14-16 is an idea I am open to. If this is viewed to be within the rest of the league's interests, please let me know. I'd like to go no more then 6 teams, but I am willing to listen to cases for 8 or even 4.

Team Cap-I decided to go ahead and drop it to 12. I will raise it AS LONG AS we have 2 additional teams wishing to join at once. Anyone not in the league yet will need to PM me with their e-mail address in order to receive admission. If we will only at best end up with 13, then I will not accept anymore beyond the 12 already accepted.

Any further questions or issues please bring them to the league. I am willing to listen and I am sure your opponents will gladly do so to.
    ADVERTISEMENT

it wont let me have access to the league even though I had already joined, so i guess I'm out?

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

My ranks are updated . tested. cant make the live draft . GL all

Senior Member Array title="KATK9 is on a distinguished road"> KATK9's Avatar

Someone deleted their team, so now we are back at an odd number of teams, the system will not allow an online draft for a league with odd number of teams.

OK got my glitch figured out, I'm ready to go, got my G.M. ( son) linjed up to make the picks for me as I'll be in Harrisburg tonight.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KATK9 View Post
    Someone deleted their team, so now we are back at an odd number of teams, the system will not allow an online draft for a league with odd number of teams.
    Maybe I can talk XT into taking a team so we can go ahead with the draft tonight.

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

The balls in your court SU . Hardcore Fantasy fans where u at?

We are about 3 hours away from draft time, will we be holding the draft today?

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Yay!

damn, I have two yahoo drafts today at the same time! does anyone know if there's a problem when doing that?

hope yahoo doesn't screw me over....
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    Yay!

damn, I have two yahoo drafts today at the same time! does anyone know if there's a problem when doing that?

Just open two browser windows and toggle back and forth and you should be fine.

I'd like to know too. If we have 11 teams, we can't draft.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Who the hell deleted their team the day of the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Who the hell deleted their team the day of the draft?
    He didn't delete his team today, steeldevil. I remember someone mentioning that they wouldn't be able to take a team after all, due to school responsibilities. I totally understand.

BUT - that doesn't solve tonight's issue - we only have 11 teams and can't draft with an odd number of teams.

We have 45 minutes before the draft time. Are we doing it, Yes of No?

Waiting for word from Matt. We can always reschedule the draft and I'll beg someone to fill that 12th slot.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    He didn't delete his team today, steeldevil. I remember someone mentioning that they wouldn't be able to take a team after all, due to school responsibilities. I totally understand.

BUT - that doesn't solve tonight's issue - we only have 11 teams and can't draft with an odd number of teams.
    In that case I apologize to whoever dropped out. I am a student as well and completely understand. So can we do the draft with 11 people? If so, I say we do it.

We can't, it has to be an even number of teams to conduct a draft.

The site has taken down the draft link, so no draft will be at that time.

The site has taken down the draft link, so no draft will be at that time.
    It was replaced with this message:

Your Head-to-Head league will not be able to start the season if it contains an odd number of teams.
    I will start recruiting someone to fill that spot immediately so we can still get the draft in this week.

what the ? just got on yahoo and see no draft link. now i see why. just 4-5 days ago there were 11 and thats why i was needed to make the 12th. jeesh. well, i want to play in the league now, but if a 12th cant be found in the next couple days, i can drop out to make it an even 10.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerSteel View Post
    what the ? just got on yahoo and see no draft link. now i see why. just 4-5 days ago there were 11 and thats why i was needed to make the 12th. jeesh. well, i want to play in the league now, but if a 12th cant be found in the next couple days, i can drop out to make it an even 10.
    Let me see what I can do Palmer. I'm relatively sure I can find someone to fill that #12 slot.

Maybe I can talk XT into taking a team so we can go ahead with the draft tonight.
    Please Do So, I would appreciate the help.

See Message Below

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    Yay!

Refer to message below

Yeah that is a problem

Survey Says

Due to the lack of members, there will be NO Draft Tonight. These things should be kept in mind.

1.) The Draft will NOT be scheduled for Friday September 3 so that all members may attend their Friday Night Plans.
    2.) Alternative Dates in mind are Tomorrow if a member is gained, Saturday around 7:30-8, Sunday early afternoon, and Monday Night around 7:30.
    3.) If not enough members are found, we will sadly have to do autodraft if we want to be scored effective Week 1.

I am sorry for any and all inconvenience.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

though i am in a bunch of leagues already, I woud be glad to help if you need one more player...just lemme know. I have class tomorrow night though

Assuming we get another player, I can do tomorrow night. I CANNOT do Saturday night, I will be in Durham for Duke's first football game of the year.