Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Romney vs. Obama II

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Romney vs. Obama II

Romney hit a grand slam.

Obama>

All Defense!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Romney vs. Obama II

Currently, on the CBC, Obama 68% to Romney 29%. Given the left leaning of most Canadians, Romney must be killing Obama.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I think Obama has improved from the first debate, but Romney had a nice zinger on the president's failed promise and is now bringing up fast and furious

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Not sure there was a clear winner.

Romney was good and Obama was much better than the last debate....

However I would GUESS that this was better for Romney with respect to TRUE undecideds and trends perhaps.

I can't help but wonder if the press will make Romney calling out the president on Libya the biggest deal, call it an insult, and shift focus from the real issues....
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the press will make Romney calling out the president on Libya the biggest deal, call it an insult, and shift focus from the real issues....
    Crowley said her job was to make sure the candidates answered the questions. I don't recall her making Obama answer the question of who rejected extra security. I was stunned that he was able to avoid answering that. It's like, you know, kind of an important question.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Currently, on the CBC, Obama 68% to Romney 29%. Given the left leaning of most Canadians, Romney must be killing Obama.
    I think the guy running the CBC poles is dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    Crowley said her job was to make sure the candidates answered the questions. I don't recall her making Obama answer the question of who rejected extra security. I was stunned that he was able to avoid answering that. It's like, you know, kind of an important question.
    Not only that, but go to bat for and take obama's side!
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Every stat I ve seen has Obama winning the debate last night, even the poll on fox news insider had Obama winning the debate last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I think the guy running the CBC poles is dyslexic
    Actually the poll on fox insider had obama 70% and Romney 30%, which i thought was really lopsided but its pretty close to the CBC.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

In my opinion, with the moderators help, the exchange on Libya decided the debate.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Every stat I ve seen has Obama winning the debate last night, even the poll on fox news insider had Obama winning the debate last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the poll on fox insider had obama 70% and Romney 30%, which i thought was really lopsided but its pretty close to the CBC.
    No it's not. The poll was 37% O, 30% R, 33% saw it as undecided or a draw.

Get your facts right Steel. Your numbers don't even come close to representing what's been reported.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Romney...way in over his head...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Romney, a successful businessman who makes $20 million per year and turns everything he touches to gold is in over his head....and Obama who is community organizer and a complete failure as potus who as arguably ruined this country beyond the point of fixing is not.

Talk about delusional.....lol.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

I would care more for Romney if he challenged Obama on actual issues. Arguing over who said what after the attack on the embassy is a trivial issue. Obama signed a bill (NDAA) that allows the government to detain US citizens indefinitely without a warrant. But does Romney slam him on this blatant breach of constitutional liberty? -No, which leads me to believe that Romney is full of the same b***shit.

If voting for a libertarian or shining your putter on election day makes you feel better about another 4 years of Obama. Good for you.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

My questions is "where is suitanism"? I'd like to get his opinion on how this went for Romney.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    My questions is "where is suitanism"? I'd like to get his opinion on how this went for Romney.
    He's on another hiatus for some reason.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Obama looked angry and nervous at the beginning. His best strategy was to avoid answering any direct questions, especially concerning his record. Obama did fabricate that employers were actively seeking out people to employ.

I thought Romney was more polished and much more qualified to run anything, including the USA. If Romney wins, buy US growth stocks. If Obama wins you might be living in a cardboard box. I don't see how anybody except the extreme poor would vote for the President.
    Last edited by ALLD; 10-17-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    All Defense!

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    He emailed me yesterday saying he's been permanently banned, so you won't see him anymore (unfortunately).
    As far as the debate, I see it as a draw. There's no question Obama did better this go around. The mod taking his side on the Benghazi issue was absolutely out of line, and a falsehood to boot. Most lob news stations have Obama winning the debate, most likely because he improved so much since the last one. This race will remain very close until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    He emailed me yesterday saying he's been permanently banned, so you won't see him anymore (unfortunately).
    Maybe I.missed something but i didnt see the pot boiling over this time. Its unfortunate though because he contributed a lot to this place. No one is going to agree with him all or some of the time but his post were thought out and educated. I suspect 1 or 2 members probably blowing up the admin mailboxes anytime their feelings or ego got a little hurt. We've lost a lot of good people around here in the past year or so...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III using Tapatalk 2.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Maybe I.missed something but i didnt see the pot boiling over this time. Its unfortunate though because he contributed a lot to this place. No one is going to agree with him all or some of the time but his post were thought out and educated. I suspect 1 or 2 members probably blowing up the admin mailboxes anytime their feelings or ego got a little hurt. We've lost a lot of good people around here in the past year or so...

Im Hindes204, and I approve this message

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Im Hindes204, and I approve this message
    Me too.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Banned ?? Was it PEDS's ??

If anyone hears from him , tell him hi for me .

What? That really sucks. I hope not permanently. This sub-forum is probably going to die now without him.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Can't personally attack people on a regular occasion and expect to stick around.

Anywho, I think it was about equal, although Obama DID avoid some key questions.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I give Romney the edge given that he was outnumbered and provided a scorching indictment on Obama's record

Ok I watched the debate and both did well. I would say that Romney had the edge and won the debate. Obama was on defense the entire night. So much so that he never told us what he intends to do in the next four years. So far all we can expect from him is to continue with what he has done for the past four, which hasn't worked. Nobody is right all of the time but if it's not working, then what is he going to do different to fix it? We didn't hear any of that last night. He never told us how he plans to get our spending or deficit under control.

A couple times Obama finished strong. It's hard to follow up "I see the caskets and I know the families." but Mitt was always able to push back and Obama couldn't/wouldn't answer the question. Instead answered "please proceed Governer. PLEASE PROCEED GOVERNER!" Well done by MR IMO.

I also think obama tried too hard to control the spotlight and be the people person but instead came off as arrogant and trying too hard.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    What? That really sucks. I hope not permanently. This sub-forum is probably going to die now without him.
    Yeah. I know he can be a douche. But he's our douche.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    No it's not. The poll was 37% O, 30% R, 33% saw it as undecided or a draw.

Get your facts right Steel. Your numbers don't even come close to representing what's been reported.
    http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/10/16...ra-university/

i just checked it its shifted 66 obama 33 romney its right there its just a poll on the website, i just thought it was funny that it has obama winning by so much and its on fox insider.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/10/16...ra-university/

i just checked it its shifted 66 obama 33 romney its right there its just a poll on the website, i just thought it was funny that it has obama winning by so much and its on fox insider.
    I was talking about the CBS early poll.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I thought it was a childish display of 5 year olds calling each other "poopy butt" the whole evening. What a pathetic display of immaturity on both parts. I'm supposed to cast a vote for one of them, yet neither can act the part of someone I'd like to see run the country. I'm tempted to sit this one out for the first time ever.

Why the hell can't a decent moderator be found to run these things in a professional manner? Isn't there anyone available to run this circus in a professional, non partisan manner? The whole thing is just so mind numbingly pitiful.