Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It finally happened

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

It finally happened

Goodell's bargain basement refs stole a win from another team. That was a PATHETIC call that couldn't be reversed unfortunately.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Re: It finally happened

omg that was fucked up. that whole drive was fucked up. thanks goodell

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Seattle didn't really win this game, the refs handed them that game. Of course I'm sure the same seawhiners fans who think Super Bowl 40 was fixed will think that this call was legitimate

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Seattle didn't really win this game, the refs handed them that game. Of course I'm sure the same seawhiners fans who think Super Bowl 40 was fixed will think that this call was legitimate
    Well, the Pacific Northwestern Terminal PMS crowd is certainly using XL as "justification":

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?p=705749#p705749

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?p=705828#p705828

Hypocritical crybaby pussies.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Offensive interference and defensive interception both missed by Goodell's refs. Nice one Roger.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Well, the Pacific Northwestern Terminal PMS crowd is certainly using XL as "justification":

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?p=705749#p705749

Hypocritical crybaby pussies.
    Of course the difference that none of those whiners will admit is the Packers did everything they could to win that game, the Seahawks in Super Bowl 40 did not. Worse yet, there were other b.s. calls, a huge Packer interception got wiped out by a b.s roughing the passer call

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

well i think after ratbirds game last night where torry smith clearly pushed off on the TD and i really think tucker missed the FG at the end they will do something this is getting beyond stupid.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

False start. On the defense. Number five. 93 yard penalty. Fourth down.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Of course the difference that none of those whiners will admit is the Packers did everything they could to win that game, the Seahawks in Super Bowl 40 did not. Worse yet, there were other b.s. calls, a huge Packer interception got wiped out by a b.s roughing the passer call
    They're beyond pathetic. I go to that board just to laugh at them constantly bleeding all over their feminine napkins the way they do. "This is payback for the NFL not liking us and getting no respect! WAAAHHHH! WAAAAHHH! WAAAAHHH!"

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

A little conflicted there boys?

I will say this. I wish we could trade defenses with the Seahawks.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I can't believe what some Seattle fans are saying. They're saying things like this is payback for when we got robbed in the Super Bowl. I guess they'll never let it go and I'm not surprised at all that we'd be called out.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well, at least it happened to the Packers, who I don't like much either. The thought of half a million idiot cheeseheads feeling cheated and being all worked up for a week makes me giggle.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

I was in Seattle 2 weeks ago. 1/4 of them are dirty heroin-addicted bums, 1/4 are in crappy, grunge cover bands, and the rest drive Priuses. I guarantee you the hobo sex party in a Prius idea (The Other Guys) came from a bus tour in Seattle.

I thought it was a bad call.

Then I read the rulebook: If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers.

From what I saw, both players caught it at the same time, and both players came down with it and retained both hands the entire time. Body position does not matter. It was a TD according to the rulebook. The refs got it right. Personally, I think the rule needs to change because it SHOULD have been an INT.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

Then I read the rulebook: If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers.

From what I saw, both players caught it at the same time, and both players came down with it and retained both hands the entire time. Body position does not matter. It was a TD according to the rulebook. The refs got it right. Personally, I think the rule needs to change because it SHOULD have been an INT.
    Tate had one hand on the ball and one hand on Jennings' forearm while Jennings had both hands on the ball and had control. Tate eventually got both hands on the ball when they went to the ground. It clearly should have been an INT - no rule change necessary. The refs blew the call, period, and stole the game from the Packers. Completely unacceptable.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

TJ Lang‏@TJLang70
    Quote:
    Any player/coach in Seattle that really thinks they won that game has zero integrity as a man and should be embarrassed.

Got fucked by the refs.. Embarrassing. Thanks nfl

Fuck it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs.

https://twitter.com/TJLang70

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

According to the letter of the law, it's possible to rule it that way and I don't think you can say the refs "blew it" outright. But on that particular play, there is also a TON of room for interpretation by the officials on the field. I could easily see it being ruled as an interception where the offensive player just got a hand on it.

Of course, who's to say the regular refs would have ruled it any differently. Anyone remember this little incident (1:48 mark)? That was the tipping point that convinced me the regular refs botch these kinds of judgment calls all the time, and even with replay there's no guarantee they'll get it right.

I can recall probably a half-dozen times I've seen a similar situation to tonight's game in the NFL, and I've seen it go both ways.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Lol Frank Gore

Frank Gore ‏@Frank_Gore
    We need to start a fund for @TJLang70 . Dat dude gonna get fined to the moon! #RogerGoodellSucks

“@Frank_Gore: Hey @JermichaelF88 , can you have that white cat on your twitter attack Roger Goodell this week?” That Cat is a Trip!

BREAKING -JaMarcus Russell eyeing return to NFL after discovering games can be won by throwing interceptions. http://yfrog.com/oevljedtj ” Lolol

https://twitter.com/Desbishop55/stat...64248659054592

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
    These replacement refs gotta go man!! Packers just got game took from them. I LOVE NFL football to much to see this type of work.

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
    C'mon man!! That's clearly a interception.

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
    I simply just LOVE the NFL to much to see these mistakes. I'm sick like I just played for the Packers

https://twitter.com/KingJames

Damn, I don't even have Twitter but I want to make an account just to follow Frank Gore!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Tate had one hand on the ball and one hand on Jennings' forearm while Jennings had both hands on the ball and had control. Tate eventually got both hands on the ball when they went to the ground. It clearly should have been an INT - no rule change necessary. The refs blew the call, period, and stole the game from the Packers. Completely unacceptable.
    I only saw the video replay after the game, so if that's true, then you're right. But even so, it still seems like a judgment call, like SR said.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Yep. It was an interception by rule. Jennings had two arms around the ball and brought it into his chest. Tate had one arm on it, and his body was not in contact with it in any other way for a good 20 seconds.

That he wrestled the ball away from Jennings in the scrum on the ground 30 seconds after the play was over doesn't equal co possession.

Preacher, you can't defend this call. It was wrong in every single way.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Of course, who's to say the regular refs would have ruled it any differently. Anyone remember this little incident (1:48 mark)? That was the tipping point that convinced me the regular refs botch these kinds of judgment calls all the time, and even with replay there's no guarantee they'll get it right.

Exactly. Not to mention the Steelers getting fucked out of THREE games in 2000 due to officiating errors, which was the difference between going 9-7 (and out of the playoffs) and 12-4.

For the third time this season, the league formally apologized for blowing a call in a Pittsburgh game. Most recently, in the Steelers' loss to the Eagles, Philadelphia recovered a late onside kick that allowed it to boot the field goal that caused the overtime it won; turns out the Eagles committed an uncalled penalty during the onside. Against Cleveland, refs mishandled the final seconds of the clock, depriving Pittsburgh of its chance to launch a tying field goal. And after the Steelers' three-point loss to Tennessee, the league admitted Pittsburgh should have prevailed on a challenge to an official's ruling. Because the call was not overturned, Pittsburgh lost a timeout that would have been valuable during a last-second drive for a field goal to tie. Harmonic weirdness: Two of the three blown calls involved the same player, Hines Ward.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/sports..._parkas.3.html

Just sayin'...