Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It finally happened

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: It finally happened

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    I only saw the video replay after the game, so if that's true, then you're right. But even so, it still seems like a judgment call, like SR said.

Judgement call? Judge this then.

Tate had possession of Jennings' neck. If that's the rule then I stand corrected.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Some of the tweets and pictures I've seen are absolutely hilarious.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Packers got totally fucked...and fucked hard! Maybe the Seahawks and their fans can stop whining about Super Bowl XL now...

Can't blame Goodell. Im a Goddell Hater...but hes not to blame totally. He's offering the refs ridiculious money...about $33000 a week...FOR A PART TIME JOB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Not to mention that Tate pushed a Packer clear as day so he even had a chance to look at the ball and the ref was watching it the entire time LOL this is comical and straight up sad.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Packers got totally fucked...and fucked hard! Maybe the Seahawks and their fans can stop whining about Super Bowl XL now...

Can't blame Goodell. Im a Goddell Hater...but hes not to blame totally. He's offering the refs ridiculious money...about $33000 a week...FOR A PART TIME JOB!!!
    They also want the league to pay them pensions, or increase their pensions, when they retire, and that is what is really holding up the negotiations.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Bad calls are one thing. Game momentum changing bad calls are another it is happening in ever game i have watched i think next weekend i will go play some hockey at the rink with my boys. The thing that bothers me the most is Der Kommish fining the hell out of players and coaches instead of fixing the obvious problem!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    They also want the league to pay them pensions, or increase their pensions, when they retire, and that is what is really holding up the negotiations.
    I'm no fan of unions, especially unnecessary ones, and I think the Refs and the players unions are superfluous...as is the case of most unions, the air of contentiousness their very existence creates is responsible for most of the problems that result with owners/management unrest (disclaimer: In 2001, I worked for Bellsouth, and was making 6 figures in a union shop. I refused to join [even after being threatened by fellow employees on the elevator one day] because 100% of my salary was based on commissions, so why would I, or anyone else, need a union? I don't just talk the talk, I walk the walk).

But, in this case, knowing the circumstances, I have to agree with the refs. MANY times the demands of unions actually called for them to be overpaid, and it spirals labor costs out of whack and hits company profits too hard, sometimes to the breaking point. By way of example, a company here in Cleveland recently had to close. They repeatedly went to the union and told them that A) Their labor costs were too high and B) They were out of whack with the industry and C) If the union didn't renegotiate for lower wages and a few layoffs, the whole plant would close. The union refused, citing "greedy corporate management", and the company closed, and EVERYONE lost their jobs. That is not the case. The NFL made nearly one BILLION dollars in profits last year. They can afford to set up an annuity for these guys for pensions.
    Fire Goodell

The call must be awful when this is Jon Gruden who says that this is the worst call of all time....Jon Gruden was the coach of the Raiders in 2001 during the tuck rule game!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Not to mention that Tate pushed a Packer clear as day so he even had a chance to look at the ball and the ref was watching it the entire time LOL this is comical and straight up sad.
    That happens all the time on Hail Mary passes...everyone knows that and they are never called. But you are right...Tate's shove was pretty blatant...
    Last edited by 86WARD; 09-25-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Right. For a "part time job."
    Last edited by stillers4me; 09-25-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: oops...hit the wrong button!

Also, there were also two separate calls on the field. There should've been a huddle of the referees to make the right call. That didn't happen. As a result, the integrity of the game is even more at stake. Not that it wasn't already ...

Where are all the owners now? Jerry Jones basically comes out today and flips the bird to the fans by saying he hasn't seen the play? He was sleeping? Really Jerry? FUCK YOU!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    According to the letter of the law, it's possible to rule it that way and I don't think you can say the refs "blew it" outright. But on that particular play, there is also a TON of room for interpretation by the officials on the field. I could easily see it being ruled as an interception where the offensive player just got a hand on it.

Of course, who's to say the regular refs would have ruled it any differently. Anyone remember this little incident (1:48 mark)? That was the tipping point that convinced me the regular refs botch these kinds of judgment calls all the time, and even with replay there's no guarantee they'll get it right.

I can recall probably a half-dozen times I've seen a similar situation to tonight's game in the NFL, and I've seen it go both ways.
    Yep remember it well even mentioned it yesterday. In the same game there was an offsides play when our guy flinched and the colts jumped...refs called a do over???

I also mentioned the time that "Chin" stuffed a picture in the refs pocket when he called us for to many players on the field.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I can't believe what some Seattle fans are saying. They're saying things like this is payback for when we got robbed in the Super Bowl. I guess they'll never let it go and I'm not surprised at all that we'd be called out.
    Yeah, now they're boo-hooing about the media:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?p=707918#p707918

Why does the media not point out that the refs gave the game to Green Bay in the first place on a series of bad calls and non calls?

Why this sudden outrage NOW when we not only deserved to win to begin with, but they didn't make a peep in SB XL?
    'Scuse me? The Steelers have NEVER been given ANY credit for winning that game by the media. EVER. Not only that, but specifically because of all the media whining and bellyaching after that game, the Steelers have been accused of paying off the refs for basically every fucking game they've won since.

Time to change the tampon, Sally.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

To be fair, it's not all the refs. There's just too much inexperience among the ranks. That white ref who came in and signaled touchdown is the reason they f-'d up the call. He looks over to his buddy and sees that he's raising his arms in the air and assumes it's a touchdown. An experienced ref doesn't signal anything until he knows what's going on.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yeah, now they're boo-hooing about the media:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?p=707918#p707918

'Scuse me? The Steelers have NEVER been given ANY credit for winning that game by the media. EVER. Not only that, but specifically because of all the media whining and bellyaching after that game, the Steelers have been accused of paying off the refs for basically every fucking game they've won since.

Time to change the tampon, Sally.
    im going to have to stop going to that site good lord they do need to change their tampons!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

That was a terrible call and the replacements refs really screwed this game up. That said, anyone who wants the regular refs back just because the replacement refs decided the outcome of a game should be reminded of games like N.Y. Jets/Seattle 1998, and Denver/San Diego 2008

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Either that or take the appropriate measures to bring these new refs up to speed.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.
    NFL supports decision to not overturn Seahawks' touchdown

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

This is simply not a league that handles difficult decisions or situations well. They burned the Cheatriots evidence and buried their collective heads in the sand. Why would anyone expect anything different in this particular case?
    Fire Goodell

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?p=708064#p708064

LOL - bear in mind, these are the same clowns that screamed "ITZ UH KIN-SPEAR-UH-SEE!!!!1111!!!!" when Pereira stated that the officiating in SB XL was correct...

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
    These replacement refs gotta go man!! Packers just got game took from them. I LOVE NFL football to much to see this type of work.

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
    C'mon man!! That's clearly a interception.

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
    I simply just LOVE the NFL to much to see these mistakes. I'm sick like I just played for the Packers

https://twitter.com/KingJames
    And in the irony of all ironies, an NBA player (a league whose own "officiating" is roughly akin to that of the WWE) sounding off.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Hmm. The lack of Chidi is odd, maybe too hostile. I don't blame him.

On Topic: Packers got fucked before the controversial catch even came into question. Tate interfered just before.

Honestly, bad calls all game. Some favoring Seattle, some favoring Green Bay. Green Bay didn't put the game away when they should have, and they lost.

Oh, and I LOVE the twitterverse today!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

What about the integrity of the game, Seattle? Isn't that what they bellyached about after XL? DA STEALERS PAYED DA REFS!

It's all about the integrity, right? Oh wait, the roles are reversed this time, the refs made a good call! Pittsburgh got loads of shit after XL even when they didn't do anything wrong, now the rage and fury is aimed at Shitattle for "winning" on a bad call, they don't like it.

Fuck the Seahawks. They didn't win this game. Asterisk. The Packers were robbed.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I said that the Pats, the Packers and Peyton Manning among others no longer receive preferential treatment by the NFL and refs. I think it is hilarious that the owner's need to bring back the old refs under a new booth system and get rid of Goodell. Hopefully all before the weekend.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I thought the fan base for the cheats was bad but, the seahawks fans are the worst I have ever heard. When I watched this play unfold I was shocked about the call. To me it's sad that the NFL since worthless Roger has been at the helm they can't ever admit they are wrong.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Where's the integrity? Remember in the 2002 wild-card game between the Giants and 49ers when the league had the integrity to admit the refs made a mistake at the end of the game? That integrity is GONE

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar