Thread: "Could be 1-2"

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

"Could be 1-2"

You know, this wasn't such a tough prediction to make (although a couple people took umbrage with me for even suggesting the possibility). Let's look at the facts:

-We were a bad road team last year. That trend has continued
    -The NFL either did us a favor or they didn't (it IS early) by scheduling 2 of our first 3 games on the road in venues traditionally we don't do well in
    -We are injured and the injuries are KEY injuries
    -We were probably going to lose 4 road games this year no matter what. Yeah, this was a tough one, but now it means we need to steal one later when the team is full-strength.

Anyway, no need to panic. We still look like we are an average team on the road and a great team at home. The formula needs to be 8-0 at home, 4-4 on the road, 12-4 and hope that it's good enough for homefield throughout. To be honest, I haven't been particularly impressed with ANY AFC team this year, so this thing is still wide open.

We get through the bye, get back Troy, Deebo and Mendy, and start winning football games again.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: "Could be 1-2"

I agree with all of your points. We could have just as easily been 2-1 though.

What I am most optimistic about moving forward is our passing game and scoring. It seems we have improved.

What I am most concerned about is our D and whether having Troy & Harrison back will make a difference.

Having such a statistically good D last year with so few turnovers is odd and this year is starting out the same.

Is it lack of pressure? Lack of fire? Injuries? Poor conditioning? LeBeau being satisfied with his career like the chin the year after winning the super bowl?

The other thing that blows my freakin mind is how early in Ben's career we were ALWAYS coming back from behind and winning....and now it seems like we are always losing games AFTER dominating early.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Re: "Could be 1-2"

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I agree with all of your points. We could have just as easily been 2-1 though.

What I am most optimistic about moving forward is our passing game and scoring. It seems we have improved.

What I am most concerned about is our D and whether having Troy & Harrison back will make a difference.

Having such a statistically good D last year with so few turnovers is odd and this year is starting out the same.

Is it lack of pressure? Lack of fire? Injuries? Poor conditioning? LeBeau being satisfied with his career like the chin the year after winning the super bowl?

The other thing that blows my freakin mind is how early in Ben's career we were ALWAYS coming back from behind and winning....and now it seems like we are always losing games AFTER dominating early.
    You're not alone GB.