Thread: Pirates looking to trade for Indians starting pitcher

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Pirates looking to trade for Indians starting pitcher

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Re: Pirates looking to trade for Indians starting pitcher

This is awesome news! Of course actions speak louder than words, but any "interest" Huntington shows is def. a step in the right direction and I mean if we can keep this batting line up in tact our offense will produce on a nightly basis and pitching is our only concern and the Bucs are targeting that early, GREAT!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I wonder if this whole time they were just waiting to build a team, sorta like what the Knicks are trying to do. Save money and build a winner? I mean who knows, they could actually try to make us fans happy. If this is true, I'll be very happy.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Im already truly more impressed with the team since the 90's. We truly have a solid offense as of right now that could do damage to any team. Cutch, Jones, Walker, Alvarez I mean they are all young and shining stars and will only improve. Right now the Bucs lead the N.L. of 52 runs scored since the All Star Break that's big news.

Fix the pitching in a couple seasons and this is an actually contenting team, I truly believe this team is finally coming around.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

If this team turns into something... forget about crying if they win a World Series, I'll probably cry if they have a winning season.

You have no idea how seriously I take that and agree. If they get at least 2 solid pitchers next season and keep this offense and can produce an OK or better season I would cry!

- Greg Lloyd

I will just be happy with a winning team, I honestly could care less about the playoffs with the Pirates.

Oh I agree I mean I know they will make the playoffs someday and could with a good rotation of pitchers, but just a winning season would truly make me happy!

- Greg Lloyd

We'll see though, anything is possible. Pitching is definitely the top priority for the team. If we do keep Jones, McCutch, Pedro, Lastings, and Walker I think our offense would be fine. I do like Cedeno a lot and he is red hot so far after the break. The team is doing well, but if we could just fix the pitching.

And for being a team that obviously has struggled for 17+ seasons now being able to say hey we have a solid offense and just need a few pitcher to really become contender's goes a long way!

- Greg Lloyd

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Carmona's stats: 9-7, 3.65 ERA in 19 starts; 49 BB, 64 K in 123.1 innings on a bad Indians team. They should definitely go after him, but as always, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm FAR from convinced that they want to win.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

It's a miracle! I never thought I'd live to see the day.

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

If they're not going to have to give up the farm, I say BRING HIM IN.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Bring him in and dump the 1-8 Olendorf problem solved.

- Greg Lloyd

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

Good to see this out of Huntington. Unless you get fair value for what people want, stand pat.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns