Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack in Libya (Warning, un-PC like brutal honesty in this thread)

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Attack in Libya (Warning, un-PC like brutal honesty in this thread)

If you're a bleeding hearted, super sensitive liberal PCer, please leave now.

Multiple choice here

Some guy makes an amateurish, bad film that mocks Muhammad. Some Muslims see it on YouTube so they:

A) Peacefully protest online the individual who made the film
    B) Peacefully protest in the streets the individual who made the film
    C) Act like the savage, backwards barbarians they are, blame the United States and launch an assault, including a rocket attack on the US Embassy in Libya and kill the same ambassador who helped them win their freedom just a few months ago, along with 3 other Americans.

This is the problem with these animals, and always has been. They can't be coddled, or negotiated with. They only recognize strength. They are "offended" by some stupid video that literally no one has even seen, so they retaliate in the only way they know how: violence and death. And people say we should just leave them alone. Nonsense. You can't leave the inmates in the asylum alone, because they won't just turn on each other...

Sometimes they get out.
    Fire Goodell

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Attack in Libya (Warning, un-PC like brutal honesty in this thread)

I'm only surprised "you-know-who" hasn't issued an apology yet...

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

It took 5 Million to make that film ? I could have made that film with $ 20.00

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

He actually sorta did. He started out by saying how the US stands against religious intolerance. You know, because making bad movies nobody sees certainly warrants rocket attacks and wanton violence.

If being offensive deserves the death penalty, and since ignorance offends me, that means I would be justified in going on a killing spree amongst some members of this board...
    Fire Goodell

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    He actually sorta did. He started out by saying how the US stands against religious intolerance.
    Unless the intolerance is directed toward those of the Christian faith, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Unless the intolerance is directed toward those of the Christian faith, of course...
    Hey! Now, don't you remember all the Catholics who killed Martin Scorsese and his whole family after he made "The Last Temptation of Christ"?
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    It took 5 Million to make that film ? I could have made that film with $ 20.00
    Probably, but considering some of the crap coming out of Hollywood studios with 9-figure budgets nowadays...

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

http://twitchy.com/2012/09/12/upenn-...er-sam-bacile/

i would laugh, but just can not she is serious read what this "professor" who has locked her twitter account now

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Movies are not the problem here, religion is the problem. Why i really wish countries would start promoting their love for science and education rather than gods and prophets. Long live Atheism!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I understand that the majority of people will stay the faith they were born into. (if any) And with Muslim's there are particularly harsh punishments for leaving the faith. In fact under Sharia law I believe you can be condemned to death for such an act.

So in other words not all Muslims are bad. In fact most are probably decent or good people.

But that faith is hard to defend in so many ways. I honestly don't know how anyone not born to that faith would gravitate to it for any reason other than that they're filled with rage to start with. I think many black American's that became Muslims see it as an alternative to the "slave religion" of Christianity that they likely feel was forced down their ancestors throats. So I guess that would be the one exception I could see. But again that fits into the characterization that people come to that religion either over birth or hate.

I can understand the basis of a movie that belittles that faith. From what I understand their messiah was a mass murderer, enslaved people, subjugated woman, and children. And also was a pedophile by modern definition.

Now obviously a lot of wrong has been done in Jesus's name, but as far as I know he never murdered, tortured or enslaved anyone personally. Nor did he bed prepubescent girls.

Anyway, these animals don't want to peacefully coexist. They want to annihilate any and all that differ from them.

God bless Israel.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Heard a blurb on the tube saying that it may have been a terrorist attack. Saying it was a commando style attack with RPG's.

On the anniversary of 9/11.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Isn't it funny how radical Jihadi Muslims brutalize and discriminate against women and the feminists are deaf silent yet these same hypocrites claim the Republicans are waging a war on women because they don't want taxpayer money to fund the death of innocent babies and contraception for women and because of a far-out statement from a single nutcase. Talk about PC gone mad

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I think the movie was just an excuse. That was a well planned execution. Consider the date.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    B I N G O
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Movies are not the problem here, religion is the problem. Why i really wish countries would start promoting their love for science and education rather than gods and prophets. Long live Atheism!
    Judging by the majority of your posts I can only assume you never had a love for science, or education either...

So by your own definition above, does that mean you are a Christian?

LOL.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

From what I'm seeing, it appears (not confirmed) that this whole thing was actually a false flag. The video itself is actually a trailer for a completely different movie with the parts denigrating Muhammad ameteurishly dubbed in. The alleged "producer" (a Jewish American real estate guy) doesn't seem to exist, and chasing the video back to it's source seems to lead to an Arabic speaker whose only other submissions are Arabic newscasts on Al-Jazeera.

Seems that this was just an excuse to fabricate enough of an uproar to give the bad guys a chance to kill an ambassador during the protests on an anniversary of Sept. 11th... which seems to have worked.

Not sure if this is indeed the case, but we'll probably know within the next 48 hours.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Judging by the majority of your posts I can only assume you never had a love for science, or education either...

So by your own definition above, does that mean you are a Christian?

LOL.
    Everytime on this site if I say anything against religion or right wing politics I get attacked by you or your buddies, but not on the topic , always personal even though you know nothing about me. Also, I dont know which posts your talking about since the majority of my posts are about football. And no im not a christian I am a proud Atheist, I stopped believeing in magic when i was 6.

Everytime on this site if I say anything against religion or right wing politics I get attacked by you or your buddies, but not on the topic , always personal even though you know nothing about me. Also, I dont know which posts your talking about since the majority of my posts are about football. And no im not a christian I am a proud Atheist, I stopped believeing in magic when i was 6.
    Those who believe that everything was made...from nothing.....by nobody....believe in the purest definition of "magic"...in contrast to those of faith.

...and lets all try and get this conversation back on the original topic.
    Last edited by LLT; 09-13-2012 at 03:44 AM.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Protesters angered by an anti-Islam film have stormed the U.S. Embassy compound in Yemen's capital, Sanaa.
    The protesters were on the embassy's grounds but did not enter the building housing the offices.

Before storming the embassy compound on Thursday, the demonstrators removed the embassy's sign on the outer wall and set tires ablaze. Once inside the compound, they brought down the U.S. flag and burned it.

Yemen is home to al-Qaida's most active branch and the United States is the main foreign supporter of the Yemeni government's counterterrorism campaign. The government on Tuesday announced that al-Qaida's No. 2 leader in Yemen was killed in an apparent U.S. airstrike, a major blow to the terror network.

http://news.yahoo.com/protesters-sto...084845510.html

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Those who believe that everything was made...from nothing.....by nobody....believe in the purest definition of "magic"...in contrast to those of faith.

...and lets all try and get this conversation back on the original topic.
    I am going to apologize in advance LLT but I have to make a point since Steeldawg implied something that has no basis in fact.

Steeldawg, if you are going to post on a topic outside of football and state things that don't make any sense and then act like you are being bullied because someone points out how little sense you make at times then maybe you should stick to football posts. lol.

Anyway, since you are engaging me, let's look at your post.

Steeldawg
    Now I will talk about how little sense this makes....and I am sorry if you find me pointing out facts to be offensive and bullying....

In the United States we already have an educational system that ostensibly promotes a "love for science and education rather than gods or prophets."

It is called the public education system. As you know they do not promote god or prophets and while they are paid extremely well to ensure that our children are properly educated.....This government sponsored school system which arguably promotes government as god, has failed miserably at properly educating our children in the sciences or any other area that involves critical thinking...

In fact the irony is that children in Christian schools where the teachers only make about half of what public school teachers make generally test 1 to 2 grades higher on STANDARDIZED, non religious tests than the products of our public education system.

This clearly shows that not only is there not a link between religion and poor education, actually the COMPLETE opposite of what you implied.

I apologize for having to point this out to you but when you insert yourself into a discussion and make a strong statement that arguably reeks of ignorance, well, it is not always bullying when it is pointed out.

Let's be honest here. Religion is AN EXCUSE in this case. It's a red herring to chase, so Obama can tout his tolerance and sensitivity, and bloodthirsty barbarians can stage well-planned and coordinated terrorist attacks and hide behind an excuse that Obama can, in-turn, apologize for and make America look sensitive.

This was a political attack on the US. Pure and simple. Religion is the diversion and distraction, paraded out to take peoples eye off the ball.

Anyway, back to the task at hand. I've been sort of collating the timeline here, and it appears that the press is not being very helpful to Romney.

A) Attack happens
    B) Obama apologizes for US religious intolerance, and utters half-assed condemnation after
    C) Romney attacks savages responsible, condemnds WH for it's wishy-washiness
    D) Media attacks..................ROMNEY before it even condemns the attacks!
    E) Obama pivots, toughens stance, then attacks Romney
    F) Romney doubles down, expands his criticism of Obama to include his mishandling of: China, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, et al
    G) Media continues assault on...................Romney

It's going to be damn tough to win this election when facing a well-financed entrenched incumbent that about 40% of the people are going to vote for no matter what he does (or, more importantly, DOESN'T do) who also enjoys a rock-star cult-like following amongst 80% of the popular media.
    Fire Goodell

Steeldawg, if you are going to post on a topic outside of football and state things that don't make any sense and then act like you are being bullied because someone points out how little sense you make at times then maybe you should stick to football posts. lol.

Anyway, since you are engaging me, let's look at your post.

Now I will talk about how little sense this makes....and I am sorry if you find me pointing out facts to be offensive and bullying....

In the United States we already have an educational system that ostensibly promotes a "love for science and education rather than gods or prophets."

It is called the public education system. As you know they do not promote god or prophets and while they are paid extremely well to ensure that our children are properly educated.....This government sponsored school system which arguably promotes government as god, has failed miserably at properly educating our children in the sciences or any other area that involves critical thinking...

In fact the irony is that children in Christian schools where the teachers only make about half of what public school teachers make generally test 1 to 2 grades higher on STANDARDIZED, non religious tests than the products of our public education system.

This clearly shows that not only is there not a link between religion and poor education, actually the COMPLETE opposite of what you implied.

I apologize for having to point this out to you but when you insert yourself into a discussion and make a strong statement that arguably reeks of ignorance, well, it is not always bullying when it is pointed out.
    What are you talking about??? Wow my statement makes no sense? First I said countries not just the usa. Second our public education system does not teach goverment as god. Third, world correlations between poor an poorly educated countries being the most religious are well documented. Your comparing private schools to public schools does not matter if its chhristian or not because standardize testing does not test religious knowledge.Private schools have better higher paid teachers and smaller class sizes. So what your really saying is if we injected christianity into our public education system that somehow it would make it better??? Our public education system is broken because we have high numbers of students a low number of teachers and not enough funding, not because they do not teach god or any other bs religious concept out there.

Also regarding your something came from nothing arguement, which made by every religious crack pot out there, maybe you should read up on the big bang and evolution and the mountains of proof and evidence that exsist. And after your done with that if you could give me one shred of oroof that god exsists that would help.

Again, before this devolves into another religious debate, please remember that this attack was POLITICAL, not religious in nature. Religion is the diversion...but only if you allow it to be. Radicalized Islamists are first and foremost political creatures...that's why they are such great political weapons.

The US did not create or endorse the film that is in question. In fact, literally NO ONE even saw it. It was an excuse to rile people up, then hide a political terrorist attack in that mess.
    Fire Goodell

Again, before this devolves into another religious debate, please remember that this attack was POLITICAL, not religious in nature. Religion is the diversion...but only if you allow it to be. Radicalized Islamists are first and foremost political creatures...that's why they are such great political weapons.
    Sorry i was just addressing the post aimed at me i wont derail the thread anymore, im done.

Fire Goodell

It's going to be damn tough to win this election when facing a well-financed entrenched incumbent that about 40% of the people are going to vote for no matter what he does (or, more importantly, DOESN'T do) who also enjoys a rock-star cult-like following amongst 80% of the popular media.
    I've long since come to terms with the fact that he's NOT going to win this election.

What are you talking about??? Wow my statement makes no sense?

Your comparing private schools to public schools does not matter if its chhristian or not because standardize testing does not test religious knowledge. Private schools have better higher paid teachers and smaller class sizes.
    LOL.

The average teacher at my daughters PRIVATE school earns less than $25,000 per year.

The average public school teacher probably makes close to twice that and with much better benefits.

The private school test scores AVERAGE two grades higher than students educated in the public schools system.

Again, it has nothing to do with bullying, just that you say things (like above) that are absolutely, factually incorrect while trying to pass them off as truths.

I agree that it is best that you quit while you are behind Steeldawg.

The difference in the attacks in Yemen and Egypt versus the attacks in Libya are distinct.

In Yemen and Egypt, a swarm of uneducated Islamist radicals are TOLD about this movie trailer (still to this day, practically no one has seen it), so they get all pissed off pick up some rocks and "storm" the US embassy. THIS is a religious issue...ignorant idiots blindly lashing out in misguided religious furor.

What happened in Libya is vastly different. The same idiots were throwing rocks and such, but in the midst of that, under that cover, a very organized and coordinated POLITICAL attack took place, striking at both gates simultaneously, using light arms and RPG's.

I expect most of the rest of these attacks will be like the former. Disgruntled, uneducated and ignorant radicalized Islamists throwing rocks and climbing fences over something they haven't even seen.
    Fire Goodell

LOL.

The average teacher at my daughters PRIVATE school earns less than $25,000 per year.

The average public school teacher probably makes close to twice that and with much better benefits.

The private school test scores AVERAGE two grades higher than students educated in the public schools system.

Again, it has nothing to do with bullying, just that you say things (like above) that are absolutely, factually incorrect while trying to pass them off as truths.

I agree that it is best that you quit while you are behind Steeldawg.
    the only reason its lower over all is because teaching at a private school does not require certification, so many teachers can take jobs without certification. ?If the teacher takes the job without certification they get a lower salary. Also they do not have to follow a state curriculum and the class sizes are much smaller. So while an uncertified teacher may make a lower salary the conditions and resources are better. So if a private school teacher is certified with the same qualifications they make as much if not more than public, plus a more learning friendly enviroment.