Thread: Mike Wallace's Fantasy season

Junior Member Array title="jakobn89 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Mike Wallace's Fantasy season

There's talk about MW17 turning up for camp this weekend.

I drafted him in my fantasy-league, well knowing of his contract situation.

How do you think his absence from training camp will affect his fantasy numbers?

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Re: Mike Wallace's Fantasy season

Won't be his absence as much as it will be how hard he plays. Knowing he's under a tender, he may take the "Low-Effort" route and lower his chances of injuring himself and hurting his new contract next year.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I think it may slow him for the first 2-3 weeks. But if the Steelers don't sign him to a long-term deal, he'll play his guts out to show them how wrong they are, and fish for even huger numbers next year. Elsewhere.

I think it's a safe fantasy bet.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Won't be his absence as much as it will be how hard he plays. Knowing he's under a tender, he may take the "Low-Effort" route and lower his chances of injuring himself and hurting his new contract next year.
    But if he takes the Low-Effort route more then likely his numbers will suffer. My guess is he will be playing his butt off to get someone to give him the payday he wants.

So imo his absence will be what effects him some if his numbers aren't great at the beginning but he will eventually be fine.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

He has virtually been silent throughout this whole process. The only thing we can conclude is that he thinks that he is worth a long term deal at a higher contract value than the Steelers have offered.

I don't see him as causing trouble and not giving 100% when his number is called on. He will try his hardest. If opposing defenses take away the deep pass, then his numbers won't be as good as his last 3 seasons.

If this was a first round pick, then you made a mistake. If this was later on and Wallace was still available, this pick may turn out to be your best value.

Junior Member Array title="jakobn89 is an unknown quantity at this point">

I picked him in the 3rd round in our new Dynast-league. I also snatched Antonio Brown in the fourth. I can't help myself. But that might not be the worst pick I had.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I have Brown and Wallace as well and Ben as a back up QB. Hate having too many players from the same team, but they were the best players there when my turn came around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler