Thread: In Preparation For The Upcoming Media Man-Love For Andy Luck........

Senior Member Array title="Scatter is an unknown quantity at this point">

In Preparation For The Upcoming Media Man-Love For Andy Luck........

........here is my Andrew Luck Media Man-Love Theme Song. Sung to the tune of "Angie" by the Stones.

Andy, AAAAAANDY, when will this man-love disappear?
    Andy, AAAAAANDY, Chris Berman's head is up your rear.
    Jim Rome his only goal, is to have you on his show
    Or he won't be satisfied
    But Andy, AAAAAANDY, you love your receivers wide

Andy, you're beautiful, won't you take him for a ride?
    Andy, they love you, make sure the KY is applied.
    In Clayton's dreams he held you close, but it's Sapp who loves you most
    Let him whisper in your ear:
    Andy, AAAAAANDY, where will it lead us from here?

Oh, Andy, don't you weep, Palantonio's still sweet
    Schefter's drowning in your eyes
    But Andy, AAAAAANDY, ain't it time for PTI?
    All that loving in their souls leads them all to be engrossed
    They just want you satisfied

But Andy, Werder loves you, baby
    Everywhere he looks he sees your eyes
    There ain't a woman that comes close to you
    Let Hasselbeck caress your thighs

But Andy, AAAAAANDY, they just want your longest drive.
    Andy, AAAAAANDY, won't you take them for a ride?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: In Preparation For The Upcoming Media Man-Love For Andy Luck........

The kid is going to be a good QB....with or without the media.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

whats your beef with the kid. he's the #1 overall pick playing the glamour position in all of football, quarterback. And he played really well against us tonight. Humble, hardworking, tenacious guy. Good job tonight Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Luck has a very good future and he has a very good head on his shoulders

it is unfair to dislike a player because of the media!

Also, I liked how that Luck has played after his pick 6

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Luck has a very good future and he has a very good head on his shoulders

it is unfair to dislike a player because of the media!

Also, I liked how that Luck has played after his pick 6
    It may not be fair, but that's how it goes with any young "phenom" that the media makes out to be God-like. In a year, fans will be as sick of hearing about him as they are about Marsha.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

its been a while since ive seen someone put this much time and effort into proving that they are a classless act.
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    It may not be fair, but that's how it goes with any young "phenom" that the media makes out to be God-like. In a year, fans will be as sick of hearing about him as they are about Marsha.
    It's really not even the player, it's the over-the-top media knobslobbing when said player has yet to do anything of note. Speaking of which, this should thankfully knock that scrub Tebow off the damn radar once and for all.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    It's really not even the player, it's the over-the-top media knobslobbing when said player has yet to do anything of note. Speaking of which, this should thankfully knock that scrub Tebow off the damn radar once and for all.
    Exactly. Luck may go on to have a great career and stay humble, but if the media can't STFU about him, a lot of fans will end up hating him.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Exactly. Luck may go on to have a great career and stay humble, but if the media can't STFU about him, a lot of fans will end up hating him.

in fact, many hate Luck since 2010!...I saw on a another forum some people blaming Luck on his 2nd interception!

And the other big reason why that Luck will be very publicized is that he replaces Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    in fact, many hate Luck since 2010!...I saw on a another forum some people blaming Luck on his 2nd interception!

And the other big reason why that Luck will be very publicized is that he replaces Peyton Manning
    lol was it a colts forum

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Luck at the rate he's going is going to have a nice career. But the more hype that is put on him, he may end up being the NFL's Lebron James. Yeah, the crap is off Lebron now that he has a ring, but before it he was heavily scrutinized and hated for being coronated despite accomplishing nothing.

It's already started for Luck in my book. He brings the Colts to a championship or else he's getting nothing but crap.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I don't see any reason why anyone should be criticizing Luck. He's a good guy that's a good football player. Regardless if the media loves him or not, I wish him nothing, but the best of luck.

Errrrrrrr.........this wasn't criticizing LUCK. It's about the MEDIA. At least 2 of you got it.

Ah.......you restored my faith in mankind. I thought this was pretty damn obvious..........guess not.

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Seriously, Luck *almost* threw a pick and got slobbered. Then, when he threw a pick-6 it was "well sometimes they get you." Nothing he did against backups is relevant.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

He seems like a good kid. As I said in another thread, though, that patchy facial hair is creepy and reminds me of the Klopek kid from "The Burbs". That needs to go...
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    Errrrrrrr.........this wasn't criticizing LUCK. It's about the MEDIA. At least 2 of you got it.
    "i hate the media."

that was easy.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

When it comes to Luck, he is a great young player and well beyond the status of "rookie" when it comes to his on field performance and he will have a great career by the looks of it.

The media is annoying though. All radio stations and TV networks instead of showing some of the Steelers strengths in their wins only care about how Luck had a great 2nd quarter come-back against the Steelers, but they forget to mention that his mistakes were made against our first team defense with a few key players out and that he made all of his plays and TD's against the 2nd and 3rd string defense.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Brett Favre!!!
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The Colts will win 8-11 games this year and be the surprise team that no one currently has on their radar that will compete for a playoff berth late into the season, if they don't actually make it.

Why do I say this? Because they weren't as bad as their record last year makes them look. You don't win 11-14 games for half a decade just because of one player. Yeah the team was built around Peyton, but they have other good players too. Last year Peyton basically sandbagged the organization. No one knew he was going to miss even significant time until the 3rd preseason game was played, let alone miss the season entirely. Then of course what they had behind him was less than worthless, particularly in a system that was bent to Manning's every whim and need.

Anyway the Steelers went from 10-5-1 to 6-10 to 15-1 based largely on the quality of quarterback play, and of course they went 15-1 with Big Ben as a rookie.

So I look at that division, and I don't see any world beaters. Yeah the Texans are contenders, but I don't think they're as good as many make them out to be. I can see the Colts beating them in Indy with competent quarterbacking. Even if they don't, I think they end up 4-2, 3-3 at worst in division.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    He seems like a good kid. As I said in another thread, though, that patchy facial hair is creepy and reminds me of the Klopek kid from "The Burbs". That needs to go...
    Also known as the Cliff Clavin; some of you youngsters won't remember that Cheers episode.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

I like Andrew Luck and I think he's going to be really good. But you know what's going to happen? The media is going to ruin him for everyone outside of Colts fans.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy