Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wallace working out in Florida

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Wallace working out in Florida

Mike Wallace is training extensively in Florida and likely will report to Steelers training camp in the near future, according to the conditioning coach who has been working out the receiver for the past two weeks.

“He’s fast as lightning right now,” said Tom Shaw, who works with players such as Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor at the Disney Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando, Fla. “He’s not going to put himself in a bad situation (conditioning-wise) so that he couldn’t play in the first game.”

Shaw also told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday that the unsigned Wallace “is lifting, running, jumping, catching the ball — the same things he would be doing if he were in camp, except not he’s not getting hit.”

Shaw said Wallace won’t talk to the media until he reports to camp, which, he said, “has got to be pretty soon. (The Steelers) aren’t just going to let him sit out there.”

Wallace is remaining silent, Shaw said, “because he gets mad when people write things that are totally false. He doesn’t want a $100 million contract, a $50 million contract. He’s never told anybody that. He knows the Steelers aren’t talking, and he’s not talking.”

read more

http://triblive.com/sports/2388632-8...t-aren-colbert

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Re: Wallace working out in Florida

Wake me up when when this is all settled.

Senior Member Array title="BigPoppaG is an unknown quantity at this point"> BigPoppaG's Avatar

Cold care less about that ass clown. When he is wearing a Steeler uniform, then what he does will matter.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Wallace is remaining silent, Shaw said, “because he gets mad when people write things that are totally false. He doesn’t want a $100 million contract, a $50 million contract. He’s never told anybody that. He knows the Steelers aren’t talking, and he’s not talking.”

this is the part everybody is forgetting. can anyone on this board tell me the EXACT source that said he wanted a larry fitzgerald contract? it didnt come from wallace. Right after that breaking "news" that wallace wanted that kind of contract came out, mike wallace tweeted that you shouldnt believe everything you read. a coincidence is doubtful. just because he isnt actively interacting with the media about whether every little aspect of his situation is true or false doesnt mean he is accepting everything the media is saying.

and i totally forgot that he trains with tom shaw. as long as he does that, he will have blistering speed for the rest of his days. just ask chris johnson, ike taylor, and deion sanders. come back wallace!
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Out of sight out of mind. He comes to camp, well see what happens, cant depend on someone who technically isnt even part of the team.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I'll be happy when he's actually with the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Good. Glad to know he is still preparing for the season.

He is still being stupid by not coming to camp. It isn't doing anything positive for him at all.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Oh yes I cant wait to have wallace sanders brown and rainey on the field at the same time, try and cover that group i dare you!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

He's not in camp. He's not wearing B&G. Don't give a damn.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

He doesn’t want a $100 million contract, a $50 million contract
    Didn't the Steelers offer him a large contract?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Encouraging. Last night's game was kind of boring without Wallace there...

Senior Member Array title="Scatter is an unknown quantity at this point">

Wallace who?

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    Wallace who?
    lol what.
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Scatter is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    lol what.
    I don't know...........some "Wallace" dude working out in Florida. Looked at the roster for the preseason game and didn't see a "Wallace". Looked at the injury report, and.......you guessed it.......no "Wallace". I don't know who Wally is (I hope I can call him "Wally"), but he's not a part of the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Pristas has a spectacular aura about"> Pristas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Didn't the Steelers offer him a large contract?
    5/50mil. from what I heard. The problem was only having 8 mil. guaranteed. He wanted that higher.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I hope he shows up soon and its good to know he's training.

Junior Member Array title="gosteelers is an unknown quantity at this point">

Well of course he's coming back, someone has to take "Whiff" johnsons place on the roster!

Quote Originally Posted by Pristas View Post
    5/50mil. from what I heard. The problem was only having 8 mil. guaranteed. He wanted that higher.
    Wow only 8 gaurenteed thats terrible? No wonder he didnt sign.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pristas View Post
    I have no problem with people trying to earn the most they can, but these players have all gotten way too greedy. These guys are being offered enough money PER SEASON for the average person to live on for LIFETIME. I have no sympathy for his situation till he gets his ass to camp

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I must say, the only consistent thing Wallace has said is, "don't believe everything you hear". At this point, we don't know if it's the agent or he himself with this course of action. One thing is for sure, the Steelers don't negotiate unless you are in camp.

It will be nice to see Wallace back in camp, and yes he is still a Steeler, an unsigned Steeler, but he is still a Steeler.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    I have no problem with people trying to earn the most they can, but these players have all gotten way too greedy. These guys are being offered enough money PER SEASON for the average person to live on for LIFETIME. I have no sympathy for his situation till he gets his ass to camp
    how do you know you wouldnt do the same.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Wow only 8 gaurenteed thats terrible? No wonder he didnt sign.
    It's smart on the Steelers' part. I wouldn't have guaranteed Wallace very much either. For all we know he could turn into a fat cat. IMO, for the most part, he is a one-trick pony.
    Hater = Realist

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

It's smart on the Steelers' part. I wouldn't have guaranteed Wallace very much either. For all we know he could turn into a fat cat.
    Agreed. And his actions up to now sure haven't done anything to dispel the notion that he would. Why back the Brinks truck up to his door if there's even a chance he might start "Randy Mossing" it (half-assing plays and taking plays off entirely)? He's already developed the annoying habit of not fighting for passes in traffic. Add in the fact that the leader by example of the WRs is now gone. Thankfully, Ward's humility and work ethic seem to have rubbed off on Brown, at least.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Agreed - and with a healthy Sanders we could have three pro bowl quality receivers. Then it really makes sense for them to see how this season plays out...

Wallace seems so intense and goal oriented Gary that I am not sure I ever see him taking plays off....you just never know though.

Glad to hear he is working out with Shaw.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Who cares where he is "working out?" how many times have we heard about guys "working out" on their own, reporting to camp, then being injured. This has that scenario written all over it...all over it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Who cares where he is "working out?" how many times have we heard about guys "working out" on their own, reporting to camp, then being injured. This has that scenario written all over it...all over it...
    Training with the top nfl trainer for three weeks = coming into camp and then being injured.

lol.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I must say, the only consistent thing Wallace has said is, "don't believe everything you hear". At this point, we don't know if it's the agent or he himself with this course of action. One thing is for sure, the Steelers don't negotiate unless you are in camp.

It will be nice to see Wallace back in camp, and yes he is still a Steeler, an unsigned Steeler, but he is still a Steeler.
    Yep. I don't believe Wallace is the "bad guy" (for lack of a better term) that people are making him out to be. Sanders, Brown, and Wallace... the entire WR corps for this team are really good kids. Wallace seems to be a little bit smarter than we the public are interpreting. As long as this has a happy ending, I don't blame Wallace for taking advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity to go for all the money he can. He grew up a poor kid in Louisiana... NOT EASY. So he needs all the money he can get because he may never get this opportunity again (especially if he gets injured). If Wallace ends up broke financially some day, the Steelers organization will still be a mega-million dollar franchise and (more than likely) still the flag-ship team of the league... without the lest bit of concern for Wallace's well being.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

I will be LOLing so hard when he comes back, get's a deal done, and dominates this season. I believe he is working his ass off in Florida, I do believe he will be back within a week or so. This kid wants a long term deal and he knows he won't get that unless he is at camp. He'll be there.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

It's smart on the Steelers' part. I wouldn't have guaranteed Wallace very much either. For all we know he could turn into a fat cat. IMO, for the most part, he is a one-trick pony.
    The numbers wallace has put up in his first three seaons have been fantastic, there have only been 2 recievers to put up better numbers than he has in their first three seasons and thats jerry rice and randy moss. You dont put up those kind of numbers by being a one trick pony, i dont care how good your one trick is.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Agreed. And his actions up to now sure haven't done anything to dispel the notion that he would. Why back the Brinks truck up to his door if there's even a chance he might start "Randy Mossing" it (half-assing plays and taking plays off entirely)? He's already developed the annoying habit of not fighting for passes in traffic. Add in the fact that the leader by example of the WRs is now gone. Thankfully, Ward's humility and work ethic seem to have rubbed off on Brown, at least.
    What??!!! His actions have done nothing to dispell that???? Has this guy been injured???? Has this guy missed games???? No he has been solid and has exceeded all expectations. You speak of wards humility but didnt ward holdout also? You say he hasnt done enough to warrant a payday, yet your ok with us paying Antonio brown over 8 million a year after one decent season.