Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Johnson

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

David Johnson

I don't have the link it was via Twitter: Tomlin reporting David Johnson having a serious, possible season ending knee injury.

What does this mean for our offense? The running game?

Not good seeing this type of injury this early.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Re: David Johnson

It does worry me. He has been a decent blocker at the fullback position and can also catch...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Who is the backup FB?

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

I don't mean to make judgement, it was an early call, but still I believe Tomlin and sure the doctors could tell right away from an X-Ray or knee exam, he is probably done for the year.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Early all they talked about was how much Haley used Johnson during the Friday Night scrimmage. He looked like he was going to be a big part of our offense.

This could be a big loss.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Leonard Pope, come on down!

I do find it a bit amusing that now fans are worried about losing Johnson when a great many of you wanted him off the team because he wasn't that good a blocker.

I think it's a huge loss. Johnson was finally starting to pick up his play last season and in camp, the Steelers talked about finally bringing and using the fullback more and we lose him. Guess we either search the market or dump the FB idea as a whole.

- Greg Lloyd

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    Early all they talked about was how much Haley used Johnson during the Friday Night scrimmage. He looked like he was going to be a big part of our offense.

This could be a big loss.
    HUGE loss...... G*D Damn injuries!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette
    Looks like #Steelers starting FB David Johnson has torn ACL and will miss the season. Undrafted Will Johnson o
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Bleh. Always been a fan of Johnson so this is a really tough pill to swallow.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Can't say I'm surprised, I was guessing it was bad. That's a shame.

Hope he has a speedy recovery.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

it's sad, but injuries, it happens

It will happened to every teams, to have of serious injuries

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Unfortunate! At times I havent been sold as him as a FB...but sometimes I was impressed.

Will Johnson the FB job is now yours to loose.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

A lot of people didn't like the kid, but all of that aside, I wouldn't wish this on ANYONE. Seems he was getting some good reps in, and Haley had plans for him. He wasn't used right under Arians, and I think he would have excelled this year under Haley. Hell, he looked good when he was in the game today! I wish him the best, and it leaves a bad feeling in my stomach knowing he's gone for the season..

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Cian Fahey ‏@Cianaf
    David Johnson will be a bigger loss than people believe I reckon. Under appreciated emerging talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    A lot of people didn't like the kid,
    Cause they can't recognize a talent if it smacked them in the face. He was highly underrated.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

It hurts more because it was the first preseason game and he played practically 1 series ughhh come on can the pre-season be over yet>!

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Who is the backup FB?
    Technically the only true FB on the roster is Will Johnson, the 6'2 238 undrafted prospect out of West Virginia. (David Johnson was still listed as a TE on the roster.)

I will be very surprised if 6'1 248 John Clay doesnt see reps. I think he may be the odd man out on making the final roster as a RB, so if I was him, I would be pestering Coach Wilson about getting an opportunity to play FB.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Seems like we always get bit in preseason with a injury. This really really sucks.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Bad and sad news. Get well soon DJ.

Pope, Will Johnson, Clay...pick up a vet? Saunders is out first 4 games unless his suspension is reduced.

Biggest Fan in Europe Array title="steelers_switzerland is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelers_switzerland's Avatar

I think Saunders isn't really a true option, he is not an H-Back or Fullback. Hope Will Johnson will be doing fine, can't see Pope there right now. Otherwise we really have to check if there's a decent vet out there...

"People respect you more if you just play and blow something out than if you take the easier road. That's how we think. You get more respect and people play harder for you. Just play till you blow it. Just play till it goes." Terry Bradshaw

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Terrible news. Best wishes for a full recovery...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Damn get well soon DJ. id like to see clay lead the way at FB now, but would like to see will johnson get a shot

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Austin87 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Austin87's Avatar

First pre-season game, poor guy. Get well soon DJ.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Damn ! Get well soon. Good luck.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Technically the only true FB on the roster is Will Johnson, the 6'2 238 undrafted prospect out of West Virginia. (David Johnson was still listed as a TE on the roster.)

I will be very surprised if 6'1 248 John Clay doesnt see reps. I think he may be the odd man out on making the final roster as a RB, so if I was him, I would be pestering Coach Wilson about getting an opportunity to play FB.
    that would make sense. too bad clay plays like a huge wimp for his size and has been extremely overwhelming in the yards after contact department in college and in the NFL. Did will johnson play last night? anyone care to share how he did, i didnt pay much attention to fullbacks after DJ was out
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Since very few teams have much use for the fb, this might be one of the few position where the waiver wire at cut down time could provide us a gem. Too bad for David, though.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    that would make sense. too bad clay plays like a huge wimp for his size and has been extremely overwhelming in the yards after contact department in college and in the NFL. Did will johnson play last night? anyone care to share how he did, i didnt pay much attention to fullbacks after DJ was out
    He logged a fair share of snaps but I didn't pay too much attention to him. Have to catch it on the second-look.