Thread: WHAT IS THIS BULLSH*T ????

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Exclamation WHAT IS THIS BULLSH*T ????

With all the talk about illegal, cheap assed shots in today's NFL.... WTF is this and WHY was he not thrown out of the damn game ??

Dude threw his shoulder squarely into Lefty's HEAD !!!

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Re: WHAT IS THIS BULLSH*T ????

he will see a letter from der kommish office and they DID throw a flag which i was shocked since we never seem to get those kind of calls, but i dont think they will throw them out of the game

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Here's the Video...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...e-fine-for-hit

I've been an NFL fan since the early 70s... and NOT being biased here cause I bleed Black-n-Gold either, but Cromratty's hit is one of the most flagrant cheap assed shots I have ever witnessed! This asshole needs Suspended at least 4 games IMHO!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    but i dont think they will throw them out of the game
    With a shot like that with the obvious intent to injure ?? Seriously ? And people call out James for his shots ? This asshole takes the cake!

He LAUNCHED off his feet squarely into the QB's HEAD for God's sake!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

i honestly dont think he was trying to hurt him, but as far as i know it is first offense, so he will not get a suspension just a 7500 fine or maybe 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    i honestly dont think he was trying to hurt him,
    Watch the video again.... He obviously went for the head. He did not even try to go lower.

i watched it live several replays i still dont think he intended to injure just my opinion.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Don't worry, James Harrison already got the fine notice and will be suspended indefinitely

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

5 yrs suspension....2.8 million fine for Harrison

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

It was a bad hit and all I can say is that if we did that to someone else, all hell would have broken loose.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polamalu Princess View Post
    It was a bad hit and all I can say is that if we did that to someone else, all hell would have broken loose.
    Actually, I'm kind of surprised that a Steeler did not go after Rogers-Cromartie after that hit. Kind of like in hockey when someone tries to run your goalie. You're supposed to pile on the offender. Wonder if the players would have reacted differently if Ben was on the receiving end.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Actually, I'm kind of surprised that a Steeler did not go after Rogers-Cromartie after that hit. Kind of like in hockey when someone tries to run your goalie. You're supposed to pile on the offender. Wonder if the players would have reacted differently if Ben was on the receiving end.
    I think it was preseason and most of the players are not in the mindset yet of Marty Mcsorely, but i would guess if it was Ben someone would have jump in, but we will never know for sure

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I definitely think if Ben was out there instead of Lefty there would have been more said. He definitely was going at the head. It will be interesting to see if roger rabbit says or does anything. I'm sure Reid had a talking with him.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

quit your bitching. christ, fines will come. and it's not like he's a repeat offender or so dont be calling for his head (no pun intended). were beating a dead horse here
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Junior Member Array title="BuzzBomb is an unknown quantity at this point"> BuzzBomb's Avatar

I wonder if NFL.com will be selling photos for a "limited time" on this one too!
    What?! You can’t kick me out, this is the Super Bowl!” – Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I really hate the protect-the-quarterback rules or the hit-to-the-head rules, but that was just a stupid play. It might have even been illegal under the old rules.

Just to be clear, I would normally have no problem with a guy blowing up the QB in that situation, since he rolled out alone and put himself out there in a free for all, plus he held on to the ball right up until the end. I wouldn't normally think it should be a fine or even a penalty. Except that this guy went out of his way to take a cheapshot, not just a regular hard hit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BigPoppaG is an unknown quantity at this point"> BigPoppaG's Avatar

Only illegal if it's happening to someone else.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

It would be REALLY bad if Byron gets injured, the backup QB postion is very thin

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGhost View Post
    It would be REALLY bad if Byron gets injured, the backup QB postion is very thin
    you know it is only a matter of time before Ledsled get hurt

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckinnuts View Post
    you know it is only a matter of time before Ledsled get hurt
    I only hope the clipboards are lighter this season

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

This guy has spent years in the league. He therefore knew what he was doing... and therefore did it on purpose.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

It was an obvious shot at Lefty's head. I'm sure that he'll get a slap on the wrist from the NFL. If James launched himself like that at the head of the QB, he'd be suspended for the year.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    quit your bitching. christ, fines will come. and it's not like he's a repeat offender or so dont be calling for his head (no pun intended). were beating a dead horse here
    Right on!