Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFLPA releases Saints bounty scandal evidence

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: NFLPA releases Saints bounty scandal evidence

The NFL handed over select evidence Friday, adhering to the required three days notice of evidence before Monday's appeal. But the letter of the rule is interpreted by the players as 72 hours before any hearing, and evidence wasn't turned over until Friday night by the NFL.
    From the article I quoted in my previous post.

Classy move to schedule a hearing for Monday and release the evidence on Friday. And what is the damage by delaying the hearing 3 more days?

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    May not be plausible to you, however they requested a delay to Thursday.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/18...ds-prematurely
    Fair enough. You're right, good call.

Still, nothing illegal by the NFL's refusal. They did what was required to do.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Fair enough. You're right, good call.

Still, nothing illegal by the NFL's refusal. They did what was required to do.
    Legal, yes. Classless? Indeed.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

From the article I quoted in my previous post.

Classy move to schedule a hearing for Monday and release the evidence on Friday. And what is the damage by delaying the hearing 3 more days?
    No damage in that. And yeah, what the NFL did kinda sucks. But "court room" and "technicality" go hand in hand. Nature of the beast.

Although I do personally feel that 3 days is enough time to view just 200 pages. Especially when a lot of it is junk to begin with.

I suppose what irks me the most is the lack of transparency and the scheming on only playing by the letter of the law. You have suspended 4 players for a significant length of time. I don't think an additional 3 days to examine the evidence that YOU have had for months and refused to release until the Friday before a Monday hearing is exactly admirable conduct. Legal yes. Classless? you bet.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I suppose what irks me the most is the lack of transparency and the scheming on only playing by the letter of the law. You have suspended 4 players for a significant length of time. I don't think an additional 3 days to examine the evidence that YOU have had for months and refused to release until the Friday before a Monday hearing is exactly admirable conduct. Legal yes. Classless? you bet.
    Bravo!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Yeah, I'm in agreement here. It is pretty classless.