Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “This is what a dictator does”: Obama enacts DREAM Act without vote or exec order

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

“This is what a dictator does”: Obama enacts DREAM Act without vote or exec order

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/06/15/...or-exec-order/

If he doesn't have the power, then how is he doing it?
    They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.
    ― Clint Eastwood

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Re: “This is what a dictator does”: Obama enacts DREAM Act without vote or exec order

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/06/15/...or-exec-order/

If he doesn't have the power, then how is he doing it?
    I am starting to wonder if Obummer is actually a puppet of the US govt.
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: “This is what a dictator does”: Obama enacts DREAM Act without vote or exec order

Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    Um no. Fascist dictator more like it.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    You mean like every other president ever elected?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Notice that Mitt Romney didn't have anything to say about this? Now that he's got a lock on the nomination, you folks are gonna find out exactly how "different" he isn't.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: This is what a dictator does: Obama enacts DREAM Act without vote or exec order

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Notice that Mitt Romney didn't have anything to say about this? Now that he's got a lock on the nomination, you folks are gonna find out exactly how "different" he isn't.
    The only reason I would be happy if Paul had won is that you would stop whining so much.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Re: This is what a dictator does: Obama enacts DREAM Act without vote or exec order

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    The only reason I would be happy if Paul had won is that you would stop whining so much.
    Romney's response was much different than what he was saying during the debates. It was much more moderate. He's been under pressure to soften his stance on illegal immigration. So, which stance is the one he really believes in? The one he held to try to convince Republicans that he was a conservative, or the one he has now to try to convince the general electorate that he's a moderate?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    Romney's response was much different than what he was saying during the debates. It was much more moderate. He's been under pressure to soften his stance on illegal immigration. So, which stance is the one he really believes in? The one he held to try to convince Republicans that he was a conservative, or the one he has now to try to convince the general electorate that he's a moderate?
    Oh, didn't you hear? Mitt Romney isn't anything like Obama and his "flip-flopping" is merely a media-constructed narrative.
    Just watch; it'll become so obvious that even these folks will have to concede the point.

IRT your question, what do you think? He's an ex-Democrat from Massachusetts who's never had a firm conviction in his life.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Christ, I forgot just how petulant and whiny some posters on this board are.

First off, this is such a completely transparent election year sop, pandering to a group of voters who have soured on Obama's sorry 'Hope" and ridiculous and obviously non-existent "change" that even a kook like Beck sees right through it.

Secondly, Romney DID react to this:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...tes-issue.html
    Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said President Barack Obama’s decision to immediately stop deporting some illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children will make it more difficult to overhaul the immigration system in the long run.

“We have to find a long-term solution, but the president’s action makes reaching a long-term solution more difficult,” Romney told reporters during a campaign swing in New Hampshire. “If I’m president we’ll do our very best to have that kind of long-term solution that provides certainty and clarity for people who come into this country through no fault of their own by virtue of the action of their parents.”

Thirdly, Romney needs to stick to his plan, which is "The economy, the economy, the economy". He's out to win votes, not turn indoctrinated and brainwashed Paul or Obama zombies. This is an absolutely wrong-headed subject to try and turn into an attack on Romney. This is Obama's last-ditch, desperation hail Mary to attract Latino voters. It really has nothing to do with Romney, so let's leave the target where it should be instead of attempting weak-assed diversion.

Oh, one more thing, speaking of flip-flops. Isn't it interesting how Obama made a bunch of campaign promises to Latino's about this kind of thing in '08, them, once in office deported more illegals that any other President in history, THEN, when his Latino voter numbers dropped, did another complete 180 and rolled back his own policy, which was a 180 of his earlier stated policy? That, and the illegal end-around he ran on Congress are the issues here...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="BlacknGoldBabe has a spectacular aura about">

In my opinion, having watched Obummer dictate policy, recant then turn his 180's, it appears to me that he is not a puppet of this government, rather he is a puppet of of all governmental bodies that are pointing to a New World Order type of government. Seems he is always in search of a different rear end to plant a kiss on every week.
    Love you always, HTG

“If I’m president we’ll do our very best to have that kind of long-term solution that provides certainty and clarity for people who come into this country through no fault of their own by virtue of the action of their parents.”-Mitt Romney
    And there you have it.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Christ, I forgot just how petulant and whiny some posters on this board are.

I know there's a saying for this type of response. Something to do with a pot and a kettle.

And back on topic, Obama needs to go. Even if he is replaced by someone whom I wouldn't trust to tell me the truth if I asked him what his favorite color is.

Oh, one more thing, speaking of flip-flops. Isn't it interesting how Obama made a bunch of campaign promises to Latino's about this kind of thing in '08, them, once in office deported more illegals that any other President in history, THEN, when his Latino voter numbers dropped, did another complete 180 and rolled back his own policy, which was a 180 of his earlier stated policy? That, and the illegal end-around he ran on Congress are the issues here...
    That's actually a good point, suit. If Romney is smart, he'll constantly hammer the point that the Obama administration brags about its record on deportations. But in order to that that, he needs to stay where he's at and not shift toward the middle on the issue.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

And there you have it.
    Yeah, that's really not any different than Obama or Bush for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Yeah, that's really not any different than Obama or Bush for that matter.
    There is a big difference from Bush - Bush was for an open immigration policy and was lenient on the border issue when he first ran for president, and stuck to his convictions all the way through. Like it or not (the policy), he was consistent.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    Romney's response was much different than what he was saying during the debates. It was much more moderate.

He's been under pressure to soften his stance on illegal immigration. So, which stance is the one he really believes in?

The one he held to try to convince Republicans that he was a conservative, or the one he has now to try to convince the general electorate that he's a moderate?
    Your point is well taken Wallace.

I assume Obama is doing this in hopes that Romney WILL take a contrary stand and polarize the minorities and get a few million more to the voting booth for him on election day.

So from a strategic standpoint I understand why Romney has chosen to take a softer stance for the moment.

Regardless, I still prefer a conservative who is positioning himself more moderate for the general election (as most politicians do) than Obama.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I assume Obama is doing this in hopes that Romney WILL take a contrary stand and polarize the minorities and get a few million more to the voting booth for him on election day.

So from a strategic standpoint I understand why Romney has chosen to take a softer stance for the moment.

Regardless, I still prefer a conservative who is positioning himself more moderate for the general election (as most politicians do) than Obama.
    Primum non nocere. First do no harm.

Romney's message is simple and clear (and correct): Economy. I've said it from the start, people REALLY care about their house, their car, and most importantly, their job. That is Romney's primary, secondary, and tertiary message. Obama's has made things worse in almost every measurable since taking office, and he clearly loses on those three issues (housing market still a wreck, gas is still way too high, and unemployment is 8.3% and actually worse that that number looks). So he wants to stay as far away as possible. He's flinging out hack policy changes at about one-a-month now (and all things that he campaigned on, and could have acted on immediately after elected, but ignored), and they are all nothing but diversionary tactics aimed at A) Solidifying his base (who aren't ever going to vote for Romney anyway) and, B) Trying to set a trap for the GOP. If he can get Romney to start talking about these issues that are all way down the list of importance on the American people's agenda, he wins a tactical victory every time, even if (as is the case here), Obama is wrong. Romney needs to address the diversions as minimally as possible, try to maybe score a hit or two on the President, and back-out and get back on message without hurting himself with Latino voters.

He'll eventually have a VP who will act as a lightning rod for these diversions, a guy who can stand in the way and cut off this hackery and address Obama's campaign gimmicks, but for now others in the party will have to act as proxies.

THAT'S why Romney isn't taking bold steps either way here: It's not the focus. In fact, it looks like this POS idea of Hopey's is already snapping back at him from the center, the right, and the left. I read a piece today about illegal's who JUST left the US who are pissed at him because they missed his illegal half-assed amnesty end-run around Congress.
    Fire Goodell

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

This is a classic case of pandering. Remember when he was bragging about deporting more people than Bush? Flip flop and change.

Obama’s Record-High Deportations Draw Hispanic Scorn

The record-setting deportation of illegal immigrants under President Obama has drawn scorn from Hispanic Americans, despite recent administration efforts to temper the policy, according to a new Pew Hispanic Center study.

Since 2009, the annual average number of deportations has approached 400,000, according to the Department of Homeland Security. That’s double the annual average during President George W. Bush’s first term and 30 percent higher than the average when he left office.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ispanic-scorn/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You're certainly not alone in that conclusion; most people consider that "pragmatic". I, OTOH, am reminded of the old truism that "the most successful scams are the ones where the victim thinks he's in on it". You're keen on having him mislead other people about his intentions, but what on Earth makes you think that you're not the one who's actually being misled?

You're certainly not alone in that conclusion; most people consider that "pragmatic". I, OTOH, am reminded of the old truism that "the most successful scams are the ones where the victim thinks he's in on it". You're keen on having him mislead other people about his intentions, but what on Earth makes you think that you're not the one who's actually being misled?
    I will take my chances with Romney.

Again, I am sorry Ron Paul got his ass handed to him....he is a good man but apparently not everyone feels he is a panacea like you do....

I will take my chances with Romney.
    Obviously. We all will.

Again, I am sorry Ron Paul got his ass handed to him....he is a good man but apparently not everyone feels he is a panacea like you do....
    I said at the outset he wasn't going to win, but that has nothing to do with this. I know you'd like to have that excuse to dismiss what I'm saying, but I've been telling you folks about Romney since long before the primaries so that doesn't really fit.
    Perhaps you could try "Slash doesn't know what he's talking about" or "Romney isn't actually what he appears"... if you can make yourself believe it.
    It's always easier to dupe a man than it is to convince him he's been had, but hey... I've got all the time in the world and the facts are on my side.

I am not dismissing what you are saying.

Only laughing at the absurdity that your "solution" is voting for Obama.....

I am not dismissing what you are saying.

Only laughing at the absurdity that your "solution" is voting for Obama.....
    Where on Earth did you ever get *that* idea??
    You know... it really helps to move things along if you take what *I* type as my position instead of what *you* type. I never said anything even remotely like that.

Primum non nocere. First do no harm.

Romney's message is simple and clear (and correct): Economy. I've said it from the start, people REALLY care about their house, their car, and most importantly, their job. That is Romney's primary, secondary, and tertiary message. Obama's has made things worse in almost every measurable since taking office, and he clearly loses on those three issues (housing market still a wreck, gas is still way too high, and unemployment is 8.3% and actually worse that that number looks). So he wants to stay as far away as possible. He's flinging out hack policy changes at about one-a-month now (and all things that he campaigned on, and could have acted on immediately after elected, but ignored), and they are all nothing but diversionary tactics aimed at A) Solidifying his base (who aren't ever going to vote for Romney anyway) and, B) Trying to set a trap for the GOP. If he can get Romney to start talking about these issues that are all way down the list of importance on the American people's agenda, he wins a tactical victory every time, even if (as is the case here), Obama is wrong. Romney needs to address the diversions as minimally as possible, try to maybe score a hit or two on the President, and back-out and get back on message without hurting himself with Latino voters.

He'll eventually have a VP who will act as a lightning rod for these diversions, a guy who can stand in the way and cut off this hackery and address Obama's campaign gimmicks, but for now others in the party will have to act as proxies.

THAT'S why Romney isn't taking bold steps either way here: It's not the focus. In fact, it looks like this POS idea of Hopey's is already snapping back at him from the center, the right, and the left. I read a piece today about illegal's who JUST left the US who are pissed at him because they missed his illegal half-assed amnesty end-run around Congress.
    I get what you're saying, and I don't totally disagree. But I don't totally agree, either.

Romney can't make the same key mistake that McCain made ... allowing Obama to set the narrative. Throughout most of the 2008 race, Obama kept driving home the incorrect message that Bush was solely responsible for the economic crisis, and that electing McCain would be just four more years of Bush policy. McCain ignored Obama's jabs and stayed on message. It wasn't until the final debate that McCain said something like: If you wanted to run against President Bush, you should have run four years ago. It was a great line, but it came WAY too late. The narrative already had been set.

Naturally, Obama has been setting the narrative for this race: I saved the economy from disaster, and electing Romney would be a return to the policies that got us into this mess.
    Here's the problem with thinking that focusing primarily on the economy will be a slam-dunk for Romney:

There are swing states, such as Ohio, that are showing signs of improvement. If Romney comes to Ohio talking about the bad economy, he's going to cut the throat of Republican Gov. John Kasich. If he talks about how well things are going in Ohio, he lends credence to Obama's narrative that his policies are working. It's a delicate balance Romney is going to have to aim for. Another problem is that the majority of Americans still blame Bush for the bad economy. And while many aren't happy with the job Obama has done, WAY too many believe that he saved the economy from sure disaster, so they're willing to give him more time to make it right. And Obama is guaranteed of convincing a lot of independents that they don't want to go back to the Bush policies by electing Romney. I really simplified this, but you get the point.

It's a mistake to think that focusing primarily on the economy will ensure a Romney victory. He needs to hit Obama with everything he's got, including Obama's hypocrisy on illegal immigration. Romney needs to set the narrative that Obama is a failed president, and not just because of his inability to right the economic ship.

I disagree. I live in Ohio, and Kasich has done a very good job of taking due credit for the economy recovering here...there were a lot of people saying "you'll hate him after 2 years, and love him after 4" and he's right on track with that. He's done a TON to make Ohio more business-friendly, and there are study and report after study and report showing that Ohio is now one of the top business-friendly states and is always tops in new hires. Obama has and had absolutely nothing to do with any of that, and any critically thinking person can and should recognize that. Kasich did over-reach a bit trying to bust up the unions. A shit ton of union super PAC cash (a lot of that from out-of-state) helped beat SB5, and he should have exempted firefighters and cops from that, but it's really the only misstep he's taken so far. The only people who give Obama credit for Ohio's resurgence were never going to vote for anyone other than Obama anyway, they are clearly the Obama zombies who lack the ability to see facts and figures that are right in front of them.

I also disagree with your statement about Obama "setting the narrative". In fact, it's quite the opposite, and that's very, very, very obvious. That's exactly WHY he keeps launching these shitty last-ditch desperation policy changes 80% of the way through his one term. He's trying to CHANGE the narrative that Romney has set. He doesn't even believe his own dogshit about the economy, and he knows he has to stay OFF that message. He said himself he'd fix it or be a one-termer, and he has to run far away from that now. Romney will be like a shark on this, single-minded in his purpose, and Obama needs to throw every diversionary policy shift and flip-flip at him now that he can muster. I fully expect Obama to wag the dog here soon, too, and start some kind of military action to try and show how tough he is. Everyone in DC knows he leaked the stuxnet story to make his chickhawk self look bolder that he really is...even the Israeli's are disputing his leaked bravado now, stealing his faux thunder by claiming that THEY developed the virus and had to drag Obama along.

Seriously, the guy has got nothing...we are days away from SCOTUS striking down his POS healthcare rip-off (which basically means his first 18 months in office were for nothing other than playing a lot of golf), and the only other thing he's done is get OBL, and he overplayed his hand on that. The economy is in the shitter, and he's basically throwing darts blind in the dark now trying ANYTHING to divert attention from those facts. It's obviously working on at least some people, too, as evidenced by your post...
    Fire Goodell

Based on everything you said, which I mostly agree with, Romney should win in a landslide. Heck, he should be up 15 points in the polls right now. But here are some recent polls:

................................Obama Romney
    Real Clear Politics ......... 45.......45
    Rasmussen .................. 44.......48
    Gallup ......................... 46.......46
    Reuters/Ipsos .............. 45.......44
    FOX News ................... 43.......43
    CNN/Opinion Research ... 49.......46

When it comes to polls about the economy, Obama's numbers are down. But based on what you and I know, the choice between Obama and Romney on the economy should be a no-brainer. But not so fast:

Only 38 percent of those up-for-grabs Americans have favorable views of Obama's economic plans, with a majority (54 percent) disapproving. The good news for the embattled president? They aren't much more impressed by Romney's economic ideas -- 47 percent rate his approach unfavorably, with just 35 percent in favor.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...4#.T-CHc_XYiVQ
    I think you give way too much credit to the average voter. The average voter doesn't have a clue about all the stuff you talked about. They just hear soundbites. This is a neck-and-neck race. Romney needs to be aggressive on more than just the economy. Despite Obama's failure to do anything positive about the economy, a lot of independent voters are still gun shy about having another Republican in the White House right now. As you alluded to, some voters are going to vote for Obama no matter what, and some are going to vote for Romney no matter what. The key, obviously, is to get the undecideds. And right now, the undecideds don't feel much better about Romney than they do Obama. And if it was all about the economy, it should be an easy choice.

Suit, I also live in Ohio. I agree with your assessment of Kasich, but the majority of Ohioans right now don't.

When they debate, Romney will slaughter Hopey on the economy. If Obama goes after Bain, Romney can counter with all Barry's PE friends and donors. If he attacks him on his jobs record in Mass, Romney has him (Hell, I could parry and riposte that attack...how can a guy who's averaged 9.1% unemployment over 3.5 years attack a guy who averaged 5.3% unemployment over 4? 47th in job creation? When you're running between 4-5% unemployment you're flirting with full employment, so you CAN'T add jobs). If he tries Healthcare, that's at WORST a stalemate, at best Romney should call Obama a copycat! I mean, I'm reasonably sure I have enough ammo off the top of my head to beat Obama head-to-head in a debate, not because I'm some spectacular debater, rather that Barry Soetoro's record is SO horrible he's ripe to be dismantled. I think a guy who scored perfect SAT scores TWICE will have no trouble handing Obama his ass.

In the meantime, stay on message, let Obama gaffe his way along, let him keep telling people they are better off than they think, let him keep saying the private sector is doing fine, let him keep crafting these boutique policy shifts custom fit for the far left "elite" at the one-a-month pace, and keep giving him rope to hang himself with.

At this point in the cycle, the incumbent should be KILLING the challenger. He's clearly not. Unless Romney really fucks up, I think he'll win, and win between 3-7% depending on just how bad he kills Barry in the debates. Also, I'm not joking...look for Hopey to drop some bombs or send some drones after some brown-skinned people very soon...he needs a poll bounce, and that's a page right out of Clinton's playbook...
    Fire Goodell

But I will grant you one thing. The American voters are, generally speaking, fucking retarded. Here's evidence:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...144334585.html

Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll

I have so many problems with this, and I'm amazed that it's not completely obvious to everyone else.

First off, this is based on people not having criminal records. HELLO! They are in this Country ILLEGALLY! So strike that. Secondly, talk about a magnet for illegals! This will also take jobs away from legal American citizens. And the number they cited (800,000) is also bullshit. People will lie and cheat and forge documents to qualify. How do I know this? Because these people are already committing the crime of being here illegally, PLUS they are the same people who regularly forge papers to stay here. Why would they stop now? If you're 32, you're not going to try and say you're 30 to sneak in on this? There are also three other lies that are being bandied about surrounding this: A) It's for kids, B) It's only for people brought here by their parents and C) They have to have lived here for 5 years. All 3 of those will be ignored or cheated.

Finally, the biggest lie of all is that this won't lead to citizenship. It's been Obama's "dream" of his DREAM act to lead illegals along a path to citizenship. This is just the first step.

Most importantly, this is an illegal act that circumvented Congress. It's laughable to see the same people who accused Bush of usurping power to sit back and either do and say nothing, or actually APPROVE of Obama's actions. He's gone much, much further in abusing and grabbing powers that aren't his during the last 3.5 years. This act is criminal.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

By the first part of the title of the thread I thought it might have something to do with Goodell.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

But I will grant you one thing. The American voters are, generally speaking, fucking retarded. Here's evidence:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...144334585.html

Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll

I have so many problems with this, and I'm amazed that it's not completely obvious to everyone else.

First off, this is based on people not having criminal records. HELLO! They are in this Country ILLEGALLY! So strike that. Secondly, talk about a magnet for illegals! This will also take jobs away from legal American citizens. And the number they cited (800,000) is also bullshit. People will lie and cheat and forge documents to qualify. How do I know this? Because these people are already committing the crime of being here illegally, PLUS they are the same people who regularly forge papers to stay here. Why would they stop now? If you're 32, you're not going to try and say you're 30 to sneak in on this? There are also three other lies that are being bandied about surrounding this: A) It's for kids, B) It's only for people brought here by their parents and C) They have to have lived here for 5 years. All 3 of those will be ignored or cheated.

Finally, the biggest lie of all is that this won't lead to citizenship. It's been Obama's "dream" of his DREAM act to lead illegals along a path to citizenship. This is just the first step.

Most importantly, this is an illegal act that circumvented Congress. It's laughable to see the same people who accused Bush of usurping power to sit back and either do and say nothing, or actually APPROVE of Obama's actions. He's gone much, much further in abusing and grabbing powers that aren't his during the last 3.5 years. This act is criminal.
    Add to that the unemployment rate of that age group.

The Horrific Youth Unemployment Chart That Makes Everyone Cringe

Youth unemployment in the U.S. is high at 23.2 percent. This compares to the overall U.S. unemployment rate of 8.3 percent.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/...#ixzz1yGLwq3mh

Fixed this part for ya.

Finally, the biggest lie of all is that this won't lead to citizenship. It's been Obama's "dream" of his DREAM act to lead illegals along a path to welfare. This is just the first step.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

But I will grant you one thing. The American voters are, generally speaking, fucking retarded.
    And that's what I'm saying. You're informed. You obviously follow the issues. The majority of voters don't. Take my wife for instance ... she couldn't tell you who the vice president is. Yet her vote will count just the same as yours. And there are more people out there like her than there are like you. Oh, people will SAY that they follow the issues and they know what's going on, but once you get past the talking points, far too many have no clue. And lets face it, Democrats are much more effective with talking points. Which of these two statements do you think most people would want to hear?

1. I'm going to give you a car.
    2. You need to get a job and save up to buy a car.

Oftentimes, the conservative message isn't the easy one, and it's not what people want to hear. It's easy for Obama and Democrats to target people who just listen to the talking points and don't really understand the issues. This is the group of voters who are going to decide the election. And they're easily persuaded by the "blame Bush" rhetoric. That's why I'm saying that Romney can't just focus on the economy. What might seem obvious to you isn't obvious to everyone.