Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,787

    Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    The Oklahoma City Thunder( former seattle supersonics) are in the NBA final!!!!


    http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.ph...46019&start=60

  2. #2
    Senior Member Array title="Godfather has much to be proud of">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Posts
    3,367

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Good thing they moved, or the refs would have conspired against them.

  3. #3
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    22,963

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Couldn't happen to a better bunch of whiners.

  4. #4
    Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Gender
    Posts
    11,528

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Man, that must suck.

  5. #5
    Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    1,009

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    I can't even look at that board for more than a couple of posts due to the atrocity that is the Seahawks color scheme.


  6. #6
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,787

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    And it will probably not the last final for OKC in this decade! Their four best players have 23 years old(westbrook,Durant) and 22 years old(Ibaka,Harden)!

    They have very good chance to be the next dynasty in the NBA

  7. #7
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    22,963

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
    I can't even look at that board for more than a couple of posts due to the atrocity that is the Seahawks color scheme.
    What, you got a problem with baby-shit-green and blue?

  8. #8
    Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Gender
    Posts
    11,528

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    And it will probably not the last final for OKC in this decade! Their four best players have 23 years old(westbrook,Durant) and 22 years old(Ibaka,Harden)!

    They have very good chance to be the next dynasty in the NBA
    That's very true. Boy, that would even be a bigger kick in the nuts for Seattle fans if they win the championship.

  9. #9
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    22,963

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Boy, that would even be a bigger kick in the nuts for Seattle fans if they win the championship.
    I don't even follow the NBA anymore, but go OKC!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,787

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    That's very true. Boy, that would even be a bigger kick in the nuts for Seattle fans if they win the championship.
    The worst part for Seattle is that OKC has the potential to win multiple championships(3 or more) in this decade

    OKC are so young

  11. #11
    Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Gender
    Posts
    11,528

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I don't even follow the NBA anymore, but go OKC!
    Hmmm, something tells me you don't like Seattle very much.

  12. #12
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    22,963

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Good thing they moved, or the refs would have conspired against them.
    Seeing how it's the NBA, they might have an argument. Depends - has Durant become a big enough name to become subject to the Jordan/Kobe rules yet, where he gets sent to the line 50 times a game for people daring to breathe on him and is allowed to take an extra step (or three) without being called for traveling? Again, don't follow the NBA anymore.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,787

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Seeing how it's the NBA, they might have an argument. Depends - has Durant become a big enough name to become subject to the Jordan/Kobe rules yet, where he gets sent to the line 50 times a game for people daring to breathe on him and is allowed to take an extra step (or three) without being called for traveling? Don't follow the NBA anymore.

    Durant finished 5th for the free throws attemps(FTA).....His teammates Westbrook finished 9th!

    http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...d/seasontype/2

    And OKC has been 2nd for the most FTA in 2012!

    http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/te...d/seasontype/2

  14. #14
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    22,963

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Durant finished 5th for the free throws attemps(FTA).....
    Sounds like he's getting there. Is he also allowed to travel with impunity?

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,787

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Phil Jackson had already said in 2010 that the refs treated Kevin Durant as a superstar


    Phil Jackson was fined for comments made in reference to Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, the third-year forward who led the league in free throw attempts with 10.3 per game this season. The Lakers tip off their first-round playoff series against Durant and the Thunder on Sunday.

    "As far as the calls that he gets on the floor, I think a lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar; he gets to the line easy and often," Jackson said on Tuesday, prior to Los Angeles' game against Sacramento.


    Boston's Kevin Garnett made a similar derisive claim after the Celtics' 109-104 loss to the Thunder on March 31, saying the calls Durant was receiving made it seem like he was "Michael [expletive] Jordan."



    read more

    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5095536

  16. #16
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    22,963

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Phil Jackson had already said in 2010 that the refs treated Kevin Durant as a superstar


    Phil Jackson was fined for comments made in reference to Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, the third-year forward who led the league in free throw attempts with 10.3 per game this season. The Lakers tip off their first-round playoff series against Durant and the Thunder on Sunday.

    "As far as the calls that he gets on the floor, I think a lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar; he gets to the line easy and often," Jackson said on Tuesday, prior to Los Angeles' game against Sacramento.
    Phil Jackson has a hell of a lot of nerve after that abortion in game 6 of the 2002 WCF. That game is what finally turned me off to the NBA. Now THAT was a fixed game, Squawks fans.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,787

    Re: Suicide watch in Seattle!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Phil Jackson has a hell of a lot of nerve after that abortion in game 6 of the 2002 WCF. That game is what finally turned me off to the NBA. Not THAT was a fixed game, Squawks fans.
    The Lakers had 27 FTA in 4th quarter!!!! It was ridiculous!

    Of course the referee was Tim Donaghy



    On June 10, 2008, Donaghy's attorney filed a court document alleging, among other things, that Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings was fixed by two referees. The letter states that Donaghy "learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew Referees A and F to be 'company men', always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series."[39] The Lakers won Game 6, attempting 18 more free throws than the Kings in the fourth quarter, and went on to win the 2002 NBA Finals. The teams were not named, but the Western Conference Finals was the only seven-game series that year.[40] The document claimed that Donaghy told federal agents that to increase television ratings and ticket sales, "top executives of the NBA sought to manipulate games using referees".[39] It also said that NBA officials would tell referees to not call technical fouls on certain players, and states that a referee was privately reprimanded by the league for ejecting a star player in the first quarter of a January 2000 game.[39] Stern denied the accusations, calling Donaghy a "singing, cooperating witness".[

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •