Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seahawks to lose OTAs, violations of CBA

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Seahawks to lose OTAs, violations of CBA

Seattle Seahawks violated the Collective Bargaining Agreement’s offseason workout rules on the prohibition of live contact during an OTA.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Seahawks to lose OTAs, violations of CBA

WAAAHHH! The NFL hates us! WAAAHHH!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

The Steelers must have been involved somehow.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    The Steelers must have been involved somehow.
    Yep... it's because we PAY DA REFS!!!!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Once again, we're the cheaters of the NFL according to other fans, but when it boils down to it, its another team that gets in trouble.

Junior Member Array title="flanked is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Once again, we're the cheaters of the NFL according to other fans, but when it boils down to it, its another team that gets in trouble.
    Just curious, do you consider this cheating?

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I mean seriously...how stupid is Pete Carroll? How do you not know that live contact is against the rules???

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flanked View Post
    Just curious, do you consider this cheating?
    yes contact sets the tone for a team especially if they are a physical. When all the other teams do not and you are i call that a unfair advantage and cheating

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Pete Carroll is a dipshit

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    yes contact sets the tone for a team especially if they are a physical. When all the other teams do not and you are i call that a unfair advantage and cheating
    So the Steelers are cheaters who were stripped of a draft pick for cheating. Thanks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_Pi...houldergate.22

So the Steelers are cheaters who were stripped of a draft pick for cheating. Thanks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_Pi...houldergate.22
    It was 1978...the Steelers WERE in violation. The Steelers DID cheat that year.

That is the difference between our fanbase and ...lets say...oh...the Patriots fanbase. We actually understand the game and can be honest about our infractions....in comparison to a bunch of bandwagon idiots who are still in denial.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    It was 1978...the Steelers WERE in violation. The Steelers DID cheat that year.

That is the difference between our fanbase and ...lets say...oh...the Patriots fanbase. We actually understand the game and can be honest about our infractions....in comparison to a bunch of bandwagon idiots who are still in denial.

"The story caused an uproar among the team's local fanbase, with most of the vitriol directed at Clayton for reporting the story, rather than at Noll and the team for breaking the rule."

Oh yeah, very honest...lol...

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

"The story caused an uproar among the team's local fanbase, with most of the vitriol directed at Clayton for reporting the story, rather than at Noll and the team for breaking the rule."

sniff...sniff...smells like -
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

And that equates to systemic cheating that was carried on for the better part of a decade...how, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    sniff...sniff...smells like -
    merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the thread.

And that equates to systemic cheating that was carried on for the better part of a decade...how, exactly?
    You're right. I'm positive this is the first time Noll did this and this is far more scrupulous than anything anyone else has ever done.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the thread.

You're right. I'm positive this is the first time Noll did this and this is far more scrupulous than anything anyone else has ever done.
    So posting a thread that contains a story and link is hypocritical? If that's the case, then every article that has ever been posted on any topic on any message board is "hypocritical."

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Because nobody can possibly be this stupid and ignorant...unless he's from Boston and roots for the Patriots. Then I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    So posting a thread that contains a story and link is hypocritical? If that's the case, then every article that has ever been posted on any topic on any message board is "hypocritical."

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Because nobody can possibly be this stupid and ignorant...unless he's from Boston and roots for the Patriots. Then I can understand.
    WAAAH... Cannot stand being called out so must drop stupid insults! Wahhaaaaa... lol... and this ladies and gents is why people refer to some fans as squeelers...

ahh, message boards, what a riot...

WAAAH... Cannot stand being called out so must drop stupid insults! Wahhaaaaa... lol... and this ladies and gents is why people refer to some fans as squeelers...

ahh, message boards, what a riot...
    Called out for what? A thread with a story was posted here. So we aren't allowed to comment on it just because the Steelers were caught doing it in the past? That's just plain idiotic, and proves that you were, in fact, dropped on your head as a child. So what is the point of a message board then, Einstein, if no one's allowed to post a news story for comment?

We actually understand the game and can be honest about our infractions....

That's called hypocrisy. I guess when you have a WWF avatar it indicates you haven't spent too much time learning fancy concepts like that. Thanks for playing.

That's called hypocrisy. I guess when you have a WWF avatar it indicates you haven't spent too much time learning fancy concepts like that. Thanks for playing.
    You still haven't answered my question, genius. What is the point of posting an article if you aren't allowed to comment on it? The Steelers getting caught doing it in the past should have absolutely no bearing on what a Steeler fan thinks about what the Seahawks did. They were wrong and got caught. Besides, I never said I rooted for a bunch of saints.

You still haven't answered my question, genius. What is the point of posting an article if you aren't allowed to comment on it? The Steelers getting caught doing it in the past should have absolutely no bearing on what a Steeler fan thinks about what the Seahawks did. They were wrong and got caught.
    We actually understand the game and can be honest about our infractions....

I can't explain what hypocrisy means to you any longer without using pictures, and I'm afraid you still aren't bright enough to understand...

I can't explain what hypocrisy means to you any longer without using pictures, and I'm afraid you still aren't bright enough to understand...
    I understand hypocrisy perfectly well, thank you very much, and at NO TIME did I make excuses for the Steelers. I simply said Pete Carroll was stupid for not knowing the rule. It's not my fault you failed remedial English and can't read for shit.

And just for the record, anyone around here will tell you that I call a spade a spade and pull no punches when it comes to our fan base, to the point where I've been ripped for it. In fact, here is one such post:

Anyone want to tell me where he's wrong? Because I sure saw, read and heard a LOT of fans whining and moaning because they chose to let their franchise QB actually do what he gets paid to do. Well, we certainly can't have that...let's go back to Cowherball and running it 65% of the time. Wouldn't that just be peachy? Now, there really hasn't been any indication that Haley is going to do that and I think Ben is confusing "run-oriented" with "establishment." Haley isn't stupid - he will not waste all of that talent in the passing game and Ben will still throw the ball plenty. But Ben was not wrong in what he said.
    So you can take your opinion and shove it straight up your ass, noob.

I understand hypocrisy perfectly well, thank you very much, and at NO TIME did I make excuses for the Steelers. I simply said Pete Carroll was stupid for not knowing the rule. It's not my fault you failed remedial English and can't read for shit.
    Not for nothing but if you're going to use Remedial English as a course name, you need to capitalize both words. lol...

As far as the rest, I wasn't directing the hypocrisy remark at your comments, so quit your squealing and go watch those men in tights you obviously admire.

Not for nothing but if you're going to use Remedial English as a course name, you need to capitalize both words. lol...

As far as the rest, I wasn't directing the hypocrisy remark at your comments, so quit your squealing and go watch those men in tights you obviously admire.
    Well then why in the fuck did you quote me then, bonehead? Why not quote the people who actually made the comments?

Go take a long walk off a short pier. Or better yet, go drown in the Bahstin Hahbah.

Well then why in the fuck did you quote me then, bonehead? Why not quote the people who actually made the comments?

Go take a long walk off a short pier. Or better yet, go drown in the Bahstin Hahbah.
    I responded to you (which uses your quoted message) and used the quotes that I found hypocritical. You know, the whole "we Steeler fans are honest about our cheating" part...

Phonics - look into it.

I responded to you (which uses your quoted message) and used the quotes that I found hypocritical. You know, the whole "we Steeler fans are honest about our cheating" part...

Phonics - look into it.
    Your name wouldn't happen to be "Nigel," would it?

Phonics - look into it.
    Again, quote the person who made the comments. You quoting my comments and then posting that makes it look like I said them, when I never did nor even make any reference to them.

Are you new at this message board thing?

Again, quote the person who made the comments. You quoting my comments and then posting that makes it look like I said them, when I never did nor even make any reference to them.

Are you new at this message board thing?
    You cannot be this stupid, can you? Post #19 of this thread... Every quote of yours is simply in response...you can reply with quotes ya know...

The man wrestling is screwing with your mind....There's little hope for you.

Phonics - look into it.
    LOL...You can always tell a Troll by a few attributes.

1) Inability to actually talk football.
    2) Having to revert to "spell checking" other posts...to compensate for a lack of football knowledge
    3) Refusal to identify themselves with a fanbase of their own.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

You cannot be this stupid, can you? Post #19 of this thread... Every quote of yours is simply in response...you can reply with quotes ya know...

The man wrestling is screwing with your mind....There's little hope for you.
    Every quote of mine? Are you sure about that? Because there isn't a single quote from me in that post. You used other people's quotes to achieve your goal of pissing off Steelers fans. Well congratulations...here's a cookie.

Now be on your way.