Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Administration Approves First Direct Taxpayer Funding of Abortion

Hybrid View

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Obama Administration Approves First Direct Taxpayer Funding of Abortion

“For our efforts to remove the bill's abortion funding, we were called 'deceivers' by President Obama and 'liars' by his allies. Now we know who the true deceivers and liars really are,"

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/69384
    Obama Administration Approves First Direct Taxpayer Funding of Abortion Through New High-Risk Insurance Pools
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010
    By Susan Jones, Senior Editor

(CNSNews.com) - If you want proof that President Obama's Executive Order on taxpayer-funded abortion was a sham, look no further than Pennsylvania, says House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio).

Boehner and other Republicans point to reports that the Health and Human Services Department is giving Pennsylvania $160 million to set up a new high-risk insurance pool that will cover any abortion that is legal in the state.

"The fact that the high-risk pool insurance program in Pennsylvania will use federal taxpayer dollars to fund abortions is unconscionable," Boehner said in a statement on Tuesday.

“Just last month at the White House, I asked President Obama to provide the American people with a progress report on the implementation of his Executive Order, which purports to ban taxpayer-funding of abortions. Unfortunately, the President provided no information, and the American people are still waiting for answers."

President Obama pledged that under his health care plan “no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.”

In a May 13 letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Boehner asked if her department has provided guidance to the states on how to implement the president’s Executive Order on abortion funding. Boehner also asked Sebelius if the new federal high-risk pools would exclude abortion coverage.

He says his questions remain unanswered.

"Millions of Americans care deeply about this aspect of the new law and its implementation, and no progress report is complete without detailed information about it,” Boehner wrote to Sebelius.

The conservative Family Research Council says the $160 million in taxpayer funds for Pennsylvania is the first known instance of direct federal funding of abortions through the new high-risk insurance pools.

The abortion funding for pool participants validates the arguments pro-life groups made throughout the health care debate – that taxpayer dollars will fund abortions, said Tom McClusky, senior vice president of the Family Research Council’s political action arm.

“For our efforts to remove the bill's abortion funding, we were called 'deceivers' by President Obama and 'liars' by his allies. Now we know who the true deceivers and liars really are,’ McClusky said.

"This action by the Obama Administration also exposes the worthlessness of President Obama's Executive Order that supposedly would prevent federal funding of abortion, but which both sides, including Planned Parenthood, agreed was unenforceable.

"While the American people deserve an apology from President Obama for his deception, we should only be satisfied when this Pennsylvania abortion funding is rescinded and the health care law repealed.

McClusky noted that the new health care law also includes $12.5 billion for community health centers, and $6 billion for co-ops, both of which can fund abortions. And some people will use tax credits to help them pay for plans that cover abortion.

Even before it’s fully implemented, the Democrats’ health care plan “is already being exposed as a high-taxing, poorly thought-out, and taxpayer-funding-of-abortion monstrosity,” McClusky said.

Republican leader Boehner says House Republicans would codify the Hyde amendment, thus prohibiting all authorized and appropriated federal funds from being used to pay for abortion. Under the Republican plan, any health plan that includes abortion coverage would not receive federal funds.

"And one more misunderstanding I want to clear up -- under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...n-Health-Care/
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Re: Obama Administration Approves First Direct Taxpayer Funding of Abortion

Vincent, I like you. Love your non-wearing jeans ass, but can't these threads be contained within the "official" bash Obama thread??

It's getting to be too much, to the point that I'm in this section of the forum where I shouldn't be.

God, I miss football and hockey.

Senior Member Array title="Stlrs4Life is an unknown quantity at this point"> Stlrs4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    Vincent, I like you. Love your non-wearing jeans ass, but can't these threads be contained within the "official" bash Obama thread??

It's getting to be too much, to the point that I'm in this section of the forum where I shouldn't be.

Republicans can't read.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Republicans can't read.
    I thought that was the Dem's. You know the ones who vote and pass shit bills before they read them.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Republicans can't read.

...and don't get me started on how many Dems admitted they never read the healthcare mandate.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

MST Junkie Array title="SteelCityMom is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post

...and don't get me started on how many Dems admitted they never read the healthcare mandate.
    Yes, it's a sad state that our countries politics are in. There's no way you can make this point about democrats only though. Republicans are just as guilty of this as well. That's how the Patriot Act got passed. Barely anyone read it. It's quite common in senate and congress on both sides.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

But it's a political topic, and this IS the forum for political topics, aint' it ?
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    But it's a political topic, and this IS the forum for political topics, aint' it ?

Yeah - amazing isn't it that there is no whining and bitching about all of the anti-GOP threads being started around here by the Lib sheeple.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post

Yeah - amazing isn't it that there is no whining and bitching about all of the anti-GOP threads being started around here by the Lib sheeple.
    What, all three of them??

On average, there seems to be three threads started here every day on Obama.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

What, all three of them??

On average, there seems to be three threads started here every day on Obama.
    Um, there have been FOUR anti-GOP threads started in the last 23 hours. If you had actually read through the threads in this forum, you would have known that.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Economically it is cheaper to publicly fund abortions rather than support unbaffordable pregnancies with public money. Morally, there is a whole set of different circumstances.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Has he kept his word about a single thing besides the health care he choked down our throats?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Stlrs4Life is an unknown quantity at this point"> Stlrs4Life's Avatar

Yeah, them there Republicans never pass shit bills.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

How's that free stuff working out for ya?

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

this is absurd! there are plenty of taxpayer paid programs in place to support, educate, and medicate all of these unborn children!

why do you think so many mexicans keep coming over here to populate?

damn... it feels pretty liberating (please ignore the "liberal" affix) to join the majority and speak my mind.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

I blame Bush on this thread !!

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    I blame Bush on this thread !!

Bush is also to blame for this damned heat wave we've been having in the Burgh.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

why do a few anti GOP thread irritate people so badly? this board is in desperate need of some balance and if we keep up the pace of 4 threads in 23 hours we may actually achieve that balance in about 6 months.

that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    why do a few anti GOP thread irritate people so badly? this board is in desperate need of some balance and if we keep up the pace of 4 threads in 23 hours we may actually achieve that balance in about 6 months.

that is a good thing.
    The threads themselves don't bother me in the least, as they generate good discussion for the most part. I can also add that I've learned a few things from others' voicing their opinions on both sides of the fence.

What burns my ass, though, is the hypocrisy in whining and bitching about the Obaaaama bashing threads and turning a blind eye to the bash Bush/GOP threads.

What burns my ass, though, is the hypocrisy in whining and bitching about the Obaaaama bashing threads and turning a blind eye to the bash Bush/GOP threads.
    well to be fair, venom starts a brand new "make fun of obama, democrats, rachel maddow, post a funny picture" thread every day.

a blind eye has been turned to that even though we already have an "official" thread to collect the garbage.

also we arent supposed to blame bush but watch the other side of the aisle blame the media w/o end?

bu..bu..bu..media.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Never said anything at all about banning talk on Obama.

Ok, just thought about it. It was HTG.

I hate politics. I acknowledge that Obama isn't clearing the fences while at bat but please, HTG, quit referring to the Democratic party that are his followers as sheeple. It's insulting and unnecessary.

Now let's stop arguing and get back to the fact that Obama is a Muslim terrorist that isn't even an American citizen. :rolleyes2:
    No, try again.

Who was the one who started whining about the Obama threads in here? Hint: it wasn't HTG.

Bottom line is no one would have said one damn word about those anti-GOP threads if you wouldn't have brought that up, because honestly, nobody really cared. They make for good discussion, which after all is the entire freaking point of this board. The point that was made was that you were so quick to jump on Vincent for starting this thread, yet had absolutely NOTHING to say about Stlrs4Life posting all of those anti-GOP threads. If you're going to complain about one, then you need to complain about them all. Period.

that is a good thing.
    Tony, nobody is irritated about those threads. As I said above, nobody said a damn thing about them until Shea complained about this thread being created.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

that is a good thing.
    But you're out numbered. It would appear that it's something that merely needs to be accepted. Not saying "Ha, ha! We outnumber you!!!" Just saying, that's why. I thought you guys realized that.
    Unless you recruit some more lefty Steelers fans (or other fans) to join this site, I don't see it changing anytime soon. It's pretty much always been that way.

That is simply NOT true. Stlrs4Life called GOP'ers "Nazicons", as well as other insulting names for years over at SF.
    I never understood the concept of being called a name and therefore finding justification in calling a name back.

It's a faulty, immature practice.

How about taking the high road?

I never understood the concept of being called a name and therefore finding justification in calling a name back.

It's a faulty, immature practice.

How about taking the high road?
    It's called defending yourself which I didn't know was a crime for God's sake.

How about you taking your own advice?

we should all hold our heads high that peoples hatred of him brought out the best in all of us.
    Exactly, and it's sad. Atleast to me.

It's called defending yourself which I didn't know was a crime for God's sake.

How about you taking your own advice?
    I have my many faults that have therefore come out in many of my posts - posts in which I realized I was wrong and therefore apologized for.

But I've never derogatorially grouped a mass of people EVER due to their beliefs, because I've learned long ago the ignorant faults of stereotyping, and I'm not going there.

Neither am I at all interested in neener-neener childish behavior.

I'm done with this thread. Looks like this and few others are costing a friendship that we have developed HTG, and am going to quit in hopes of salvaging what might be left of that.

XT, I really have nothing against you but sometimes we could all use some advice from an outside source so here is mine:

Lighten the fuck up dude!

XT, I really have nothing against you but sometimes we could all use some advice from an outside source so here is mine:

Lighten the fuck up dude!
    Oh, I'm perfectly fine. You don't want to see me if I get riled up.

Besides, you should take your own advice.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

How about keeping the posts focused on debating the topic started by the OP rather than about the posters themselves.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

LOL...I don't even post here anymore and am STILL being baited by the same few...
    Fire Goodell