Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama Administration Approves First Direct Taxpayer Funding of Abortion

MST Junkie Array title="SteelCityMom is on a distinguished road">

Re: Obama Administration Approves First Direct Taxpayer Funding of Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post

...and don't get me started on how many Dems admitted they never read the healthcare mandate.
    Yes, it's a sad state that our countries politics are in. There's no way you can make this point about democrats only though. Republicans are just as guilty of this as well. That's how the Patriot Act got passed. Barely anyone read it. It's quite common in senate and congress on both sides.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    Never said anything at all about banning talk on Obama.

Ok, just thought about it. It was HTG.

I hate politics. I acknowledge that Obama isn't clearing the fences while at bat but please, HTG, quit referring to the Democratic party that are his followers as sheeple. It's insulting and unnecessary.

Now let's stop arguing and get back to the fact that Obama is a Muslim terrorist that isn't even an American citizen. :rolleyes2:
    No, try again.

Who was the one who started whining about the Obama threads in here? Hint: it wasn't HTG.

Bottom line is no one would have said one damn word about those anti-GOP threads if you wouldn't have brought that up, because honestly, nobody really cared. They make for good discussion, which after all is the entire freaking point of this board. The point that was made was that you were so quick to jump on Vincent for starting this thread, yet had absolutely NOTHING to say about Stlrs4Life posting all of those anti-GOP threads. If you're going to complain about one, then you need to complain about them all. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    why do a few anti GOP thread irritate people so badly? this board is in desperate need of some balance and if we keep up the pace of 4 threads in 23 hours we may actually achieve that balance in about 6 months.

that is a good thing.
    Tony, nobody is irritated about those threads. As I said above, nobody said a damn thing about them until Shea complained about this thread being created.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

we should all hold our heads high that peoples hatred of him brought out the best in all of us.
    Exactly, and it's sad. Atleast to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    It's called defending yourself which I didn't know was a crime for God's sake.

How about you taking your own advice?
    I have my many faults that have therefore come out in many of my posts - posts in which I realized I was wrong and therefore apologized for.

But I've never derogatorially grouped a mass of people EVER due to their beliefs, because I've learned long ago the ignorant faults of stereotyping, and I'm not going there.

Neither am I at all interested in neener-neener childish behavior.

I'm done with this thread. Looks like this and few others are costing a friendship that we have developed HTG, and am going to quit in hopes of salvaging what might be left of that.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

i'll have to go do a search for verification but i was a member there since 2005 and there was practically no political discussion (and definitely no infighting) until obama threw his hat in the ring for a presidential run.

we should all hold our heads high that peoples hatred of him brought out the best in all of us.
    The term he used was "neocons." And if it was OK for him to call all Republicans "neocons," then it's OK for all Democrats to be called "sheeple."

In the spirit of fairness, of course.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

XT, I really have nothing against you but sometimes we could all use some advice from an outside source so here is mine:

Lighten the fuck up dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    XT, I really have nothing against you but sometimes we could all use some advice from an outside source so here is mine:

Lighten the fuck up dude!
    Oh, I'm perfectly fine. You don't want to see me if I get riled up.

Besides, you should take your own advice.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    The term he used was "neocons." And if it was OK for him to call all Republicans "neocons," then it's OK for all Democrats to be called "sheeple."

In the spirit of fairness, of course.
    well, may i respectfully suggest that that was going on over at another boeard and then generously imported to SF?

either way, if im gonna be called a communist or for nothing more than NOT voting republican, you can sure as hell bet that i am gonna speak my mind. many people got sick and fucking tired of 8 years of bullshit served up on a tax cuts for the rich platter under bush. if anyone dont like people voting against that thy can stick it up their ass, as far as i am concerned.

there aint a repucblican out there that is gonna make things any better than they already are right now, and 7steelergal43 and st33lers are perfect examples that there are no "TRUE" republicans unless they are clones of rush and beck whackjobs.

fuck that. id rather vote with "no child left behind" as opposed to "every child but our very own" left behind.

well, may i respectfully suggest that that was going on over at another boeard and then generously imported to SF?

either way, if im gonna be called a communist or for nothing more than NOT voting republican, you can sure as hell bet that i am gonna speak my mind. many people got sick and fucking tired of 8 years of bullshit served up on a tax cuts for the rich platter under bush. if anyone dont like people voting against that thy can stick it up their ass, as far as i am concerned.

there aint a repucblican out there that is gonna make things any better than they already are right now, and 7steelergal43 and st33lers are perfect examples that there are no "TRUE" republicans unless they are clones of rush and beck whackjobs.

fuck that. id rather vote with "no child left behind" as opposed to "every child but our very own" left behind.
    Well, you can take that entire post and apply it to anyone who does not like or support Obama.

Works both ways.

I know I'm not about to get called out here or anywhere else just because I don't fucking like Obama and the direction he's taking this country. If that makes me some "right-wing, Rush-loving whackjob," then so be it. I fully intend to speak my mind about it regardless of how many people whine and bitch because there's "too many Obama-bashing threads" on this site.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

many people got sick and fucking tired of 8 years of bullshit served up on a tax cuts for the rich platter under bush. if anyone dont like people voting against that thy can stick it up their ass, as far as i am concerned.
    The tax cuts for the "rich" is a hemorrhoid compared to the gigundo ass fucking we're going to get in 2011 with Obaaaaaaama's tax hikes. Better stock up on KY now hipcheese.

To set the record straight - and I can't speak for every GOP'er on this board - I don't respond negatively to any Demo's post because they choose to support a different party than I. That would be grossly unfair and prejudicial. That being said, however, when I am called names and ridiculed for simply standing my ground on opinions (BB's are boards of opinions after all) and abhoring the present administration for what I believe are very solid and verifiable reasons, my claws are going to come out every time. I think any rational human being with any degree of self respect would defend their own damned self when being unfairly insulted and cajoled.

Bush took his stoning and hasn't been in office for 19 months. Obaaaama is the current POTUS and when he fucks up, he's going to take his ass kicking just as GWB did.

Ribrublicans? Take that DemoRAT.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Bush took his stoning and hasn't been in office for 19 months.
    The abuse GWB took and still takes is beyond behavior that should be tolerated. Imagine the response to these turds if their vitriol was aimed at the Kenyan interloper...

http://www.binscorner.com/pages/d/de...rotests-i.html

"Freedom of speech" is one thing. This is what the left have dished out over the 8 Bush years. Any one of those turds should be an oily stain on the pavement.

I have never heard any critic of the KI say anything even approaching the sick twisted insanity of the left against Bush. Those turds should be ashamed of themselves, but shame is something they obviously lack. You apologists for the left need to get your turds in line.

The double standard is bull@#$%.
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Republicans can't read.
    Both sides can't read is more like it. (At least for a select few.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    I thought that was the Dem's. You know the ones who vote and pass shit bills before they read them.
    Republicans are no more innocent of proposing/passing shit bills. That goes for all of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Yeah, them there Republicans never pass shit bills.
    At least they give the people time to read it.

Yeah - amazing isn't it that there is no whining and bitching about all of the anti-GOP threads being started around here by the Lib sheeple.
    Exactly, both are entitled to the same heat. Plus the bu bu bu Bush excuse never cut it.

In addition, it seems that almost every anti-Obaaaaaaaama thread is hijacked into a bu, bu, bu Bush/GOP thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    I blame Bush on this thread !!
    I blame this on Dick Cheney, Obama, and Biden(But mostly Obama and Biden.)

Oh - let me get this straight. It's A-OK for Stlrs4Life and Tony (more so Stlrs4Life) to throw out insults at us and call us "Repugnicons", "Nazicons" and all of the other little "terms of endearment" which we've been called over the years. Really? I think not.
    Hypocrisy at its finest right there.

why do a few anti GOP thread irritate people so badly? this board is in desperate need of some balance and if we keep up the pace of 4 threads in 23 hours we may actually achieve that balance in about 6 months.

that is a good thing.
    I have nothing against a delicate balance. But I DO have a problem with hypocrisy and when people bitch at anti threads in both direction. We have the first ammendment for a reason.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

i'll have to go do a search for verification but i was a member there since 2005 and there was practically no political discussion (and definitely no infighting) until obama threw his hat in the ring for a presidential run.

don't bother. they don't exist. i've searched high and low looking for those threads rev's claimed to have called bush policies out on .. there is basically no political threads prior to as you said, when obama threw his hat into the ring.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
    don't bother. they don't exist. i've searched high and low looking for those threads rev's claimed to have called bush policies out on .. there is basically no political threads prior to as you said, when obama threw his hat into the ring.
    yep. youre 100% correct. in 2008 jeremy made it his mission to play antagonist and get under every republicans skin who posted in the locker room, and boy did he succeed.

once he was banned the anti-democratic angst that was stirred up was deflected onto all other members who happened to share a non-republican worshiping point of view.

3 to be 4 was the 1st member to even mention obama as a presidential candidate at sf, and to no suprise it was jeremy (uber hilary supporter i guess) who was the only one to rip him.

there was definitely shit going on at other boards that was imported to our own. the "main player" you speak of above is perfect proof of that.

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

yep. youre 100% correct. in 2008 jeremy made it his mission to play antagonist and get under every republicans skin who posted in the locker room, and boy did he succeed.

once he was banned the anti-democratic angst that was stirred up was deflected onto all other members who happened to share a non-republican worshiping point of view.

3 to be 4 was the 1st member to even mention obama as a presidential candidate at sf, and to no suprise it was jeremy (uber hilary supporter i guess) who was the only one to rip him.

there was definitely shit going on at other boards that was imported to our own. the "main player" you speak of above is perfect proof of that.
    my favorite was always how he liked to go on and on about adopting failed bush policies ... then he gets all defensive when ever i asked why he never bitched about said policies when they were failing the first time around. which of course he claimed he did, but it must have been on another board ... that or maybe he just ranted about it to his kitty cats ...

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

There were a ton of threads deleted over at SF when the new sheriff took over. I know for a fact that there were Bush and GOP bashing threads over at SF before anyone even knew who Obaaaaaaama was, most of them started by the same person.

Really - WTF does revs have to do with this thread? Please knock it off with the baiting.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Here is what I dont understand....EVERYONE is saying that they dont want this sort of rhetoric....EVERYONE is saying that they are the victim. so.............

CUT IT OUT!!!!!

DON'T bring up a posters name do bait them into a flame war!!!!

DON'T use name calling at all in regards to followers of a specific ideology!!!

DON'T focus on everyone elses respones..focus on the appropriate content of your own!!!

DON'T think that you can play the "I'm just playing" card....We dont care how someone else "took" your post....rude is rude and will be dealt with accordingly!!!

DON'T post a thread that is an obviously hateful opinionated rant....not all articles are legitimate....there are hate-filled idiotic writers/commentators on both sides of the fence who depend on people spreading their hate.

EITHER be part of the solution...or your part of the problem!!!!!!!!!

I have been part of flame wars on the old board and ruined friendships over politics and/or politicians who dont know me...who could care less about message boards and the forum members.

We are going to lose members....and potential members ...who have no desire to be part of hateful mean-spirited discussions. Everyone has their on cross to bear daily...and this board should be an "escape" from the daily grind...a place where we can all go and discuss the Steelers and daily life.

The magic of a forum....is that it brings people together who have a common bond. In this case our favorite football team. When a board becomes about what divides us....it is no longer an escape, its just MORE DAILY BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Just my two cents.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

How about keeping the posts focused on debating the topic started by the OP rather than about the posters themselves.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

LOL...I don't even post here anymore and am STILL being baited by the same few...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

my favorite was always how he liked to go on and on about adopting failed bush policies ... then he gets all defensive when ever i asked why he never bitched about said policies when they were failing the first time around. which of course he claimed he did, but it must have been on another board ... that or maybe he just ranted about it to his kitty cats ...
    I always took those posts as a taunt to the Kool-Aid drinkers--"hey look, Obama is doing the same thing you hated Bush for". He didn't necessarily believe those policies were bad, he was calling out the people who opposed them.

ugh, and anyone who still approves of a republican alternative has a skull full of mud.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

"Mud" apparently means "common sense."

Is that Spanish?

st33lersguy, that post was already deleted this morning. Why post it again? And BTW, can't you read? We will not have any more name-calling in reference to a person's political beliefs. That goes for EVERYONE, regardless of their affiliation.

Like LLT said, we're going to clean up this mess around here, and if you're not going to be part of the solution, then you are part of the problem and will be dealt with. Plain and simple.

Playtime is over, folks.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

that is a good thing.
    But you're out numbered. It would appear that it's something that merely needs to be accepted. Not saying "Ha, ha! We outnumber you!!!" Just saying, that's why. I thought you guys realized that.
    Unless you recruit some more lefty Steelers fans (or other fans) to join this site, I don't see it changing anytime soon. It's pretty much always been that way.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

ok this is what this thread reminds me of....

The sad state if this country is because we have gotten away from certain values and the blame falls on both parties. I personally think the fighting between the parties is what the folks in DC want. this country is becoming more and more like rome and until we the people put our foot down nothing is going to change.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

And BTW, can't you read? We will not have any more name-calling in reference to a person's political beliefs. That goes for EVERYONE, regardless of their affiliation.

Like LLT said, we're going to clean up this mess around here, and if you're not going to be part of the solution, then you are part of the problem and will be dealt with. Plain and simple.

Playtime is over, folks.
    i guess i cant read either.

are there a new set of guidelines that must be followed in the political forum? if so, i must have missed them. i mean i did read LLT's post (and a damn good post it was) but it was offered up as his 2 cents, and not new COC that must be followed.

i still see "stupid" motivational poster posts, and the reference of "kool-aid" drinkers.

this is the type of name calling that will no longer be allowed right? as far as im concerned, if anyone infers my vote casted at the polls makes me a communist, sheeple, kool-aid drinker, or socialist they are baiting me.

and the reality of the matter is, anyone who trusts or puts their faith in ANY politician or party is a kool aid drinker or "stupid" all the same.

anyways, in fairness to the members, is their a plan in place, yet to be unveiled, or is this it?

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    The sad state if this country is because we have gotten away from certain values and the blame falls on both parties. I personally think the fighting between the parties is what the folks in DC want. this country is becoming more and more like rome and until we the people put our foot down nothing is going to change.
    "There was a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish, it was so fragile."

As the Republic of Rome was crushed under the weight of politics, excess and greed, so it seems our fragile Republic shall too fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    "There was a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish, it was so fragile."

As the Republic of Rome was crushed under the weight of politics, excess and greed, so it seems our fragile Republic shall too fall.
    very nice reference.

you been talking to stinky fred, havent you?

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

ugh, and anyone who still approves of a republican alternative has a skull full of mud.
    If that skull full of mud means common sense, then I'll take the Republican alternative. Otherwise, give me something different. Rewrite the bill or kill it all together. Start over. Socializing it fixes NOTHING. Just ask countries who once had a socialist govt. like Russia. You think those type of governments held up? They sure as hell didn't.

st33lersguy, that post was already deleted this morning. Why post it again? And BTW, can't you read? We will not have any more name-calling in reference to a person's political beliefs. That goes for EVERYONE, regardless of their affiliation.

Playtime is over, folks.
    Way to put the ax to this one.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

you been talking to stinky fred, havent you?
    Stinky Fred is a hottie.