Thread: Le Bron's "Quiet" MVP year....

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Le Bron's "Quiet" MVP year....

At 27.1 PPG, 7.9 RPG and 6.2 APG, only 3 other players have compiled those kinds of numbers over 2 seasons (Oscar Robinson did it 5 times, Havlicek twice and Byrd twice). Toss in shooting 53% and 1.9 SPG, and ONLY Michael Jordan in 88-89 has had a better season.

I expect to see him get his first ring this year...right about the same age as Jordan got his. Even though he's widely reviled, he's quietly putting together a resume that may end up being the best ever. It's scary to think what kind of scoring numbers he'd have if he wasn't as obsessed with feeding his teammates...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Re: Le Bron's "Quiet" MVP year....

He's going to keep picking it up too. He will go for about 35 a game from here on out. At least thats what he needs to do.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I just read an article about how, although he scored 32 points yesterday, it really wasn't enough and he's still stuck in 3rd gear.

Complaints, AFTER he takes over the 4th quarter and drops in 16 points to win the game.

I don't like how he left the Cavs (and never will), but that's Cleveland, and he always had some problems with some people up there. He's been good to Akron all along. I hope he gets his ring this year...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

I so hope he does too. I already know that there will be haters and people will have something to say even if he wins. He always does something wrong in their eyes no matter what!
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Most physically dominant and talented player I have witnessed in my lifetime, with Shaq in at #2 in the physically dominant category.

I still don't understand why there isn't more spread the floor and let LeBron iso and drvie to the basket. He is gonna score, get fouled, or pass to a wide open shooter if comeone comes offf their guy.

One thing about LeBron, he is not always as aggressive as he should be. Sometimes he tries to get other involved too much, but sometimes it looks to me like he is afraid to drive and/or afraid of the "moment."

I think the Heat win it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Most physically dominant and talented player I have witnessed in my lifetime, with Shaq in at #2 in the physically dominant category.

I still don't understand why there isn't more spread the floor and let LeBron iso and drvie to the basket. He is gonna score, get fouled, or pass to a wide open shooter if comeone comes offf their guy.

One thing about LeBron, he is not always as aggressive as he should be. Sometimes he tries to get other involved too much, but sometimes it looks to me like he is afraid to drive and/or afraid of the "moment."

I think the Heat win it this year.
    I don't think it's fear, per se, rather he's uncomfortable taking all the shots. He's the "anti-Iverson". He's got T-E-A-M in his blood, sometimes to his detriment...
    Fire Goodell