Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Camp Notes and Nuggets

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: 2012 Camp Notes and Nuggets

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_Trib

Brett Keisel on Ben: “I am very impressed on how Ben has grasp this offense ... we are only going to go as far as he can take us.”

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Scott Brown@ScottBrown_Trib

2011 Steelers MVP Antonio Brown has Hines Ward's old locker, and he is well aware of the significance of it.

Brown "It’s something special. I feel like there’s no other place I want to be but right there.”

E. Sanders said he feels he is 100 percent after having surgery on both feet last offseason.

Sanders: “I definitely feel like I have something to prove. I haven’t finished an entire seasons yet...

Mini Camp - Day 1 Recap

The Steelers kicked off mini camp at the headquarters in the South Side.
    http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...1-c03dc0111f95

ryan clark@RealRClark25
    Good times with NBC films photo shoot today!! Can't wait to play! today http://instagr.am/p/LyilxDvWKn/

Ben when asked if due date could conflict with a game:"Possibly, but, as Coach always says, we will cross that bridge when we come to it"

Will Graves@WillGravesAP

Spent time with the always interesting @baron_batch. Says left knee is feeling better. Stronger than before injury. Also: Pro-Hatfield

For anyone who isn't following Baron on Twitter, his commentary during the Hatfields and McCoys was even better than the show.

At least Flacco will beat Roethlisberger at something -- Flacco's first child is due Saturday.

Six years ago today, Ben Roethlisberger almost lost his life in a motorcycle accident.

Tomlin said he is "comfortable" with what he saw from DeCastro and Adams during their first full-squad practices.

The two are expected to get some work with the 1st-team offense, but it is too early to read into how many snaps they get with the starters

Tomlin: “Right now we’re just trying to get to know them, put them in some uncomfortable situations, see how they respond.”

Steelers Depot@SteelersdepotSteelers have not made the transaction official yet but Katula reportedly was spotted today

Steelers Depot@Steelersdepot
    Source told me K Danny Hrapmann was released to make room for Matt Katula signing, but this is not confirmed. Stay tuned #steelers

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

At least Flacco will beat Roethlisberger at something -- Flacco's first child is due Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Ben Roethlisberger - 6/13

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger addresses the media after Wednesday morning's minicamp session.
    http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...4-8404cb32f5a4

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulacSteelers will not rescind or reduce one-year, $2.7 million tender to WR Mike Wallace by Friday, according to team source.

Will Graves@WillGravesAP
    Highlight of #Steelers avail this AM: Somebody put a "Coach Hampton" sign over Casey's locker. He's all for it "if they add it to my salary"

Will Graves@WillGravesAPHampton added his focus is being ready Sept. 9. Says his rehab is going well. Doesn't expect to be 100 percent at camp. Doesn't care either

Will Graves@WillGravesAPHampton thinks the new kid Ta'amu is "quiet." Thinks McLendon could "start for a lot of other teams in NFL." #Steelers

Ken Laird@Ken_LairdWith James Farrior gone, the #Steelers D has had Lawrence Timmons calling out the defensive plays this week in the huddle pre-snap

Ken Laird@Ken_Laird
    Ike Taylor on Timmons: "Either he’s too loud or he’s too soft. Got to find a happy medium so the offense [wont] know what the hell we doing"

Ken Laird@Ken_Laird
    More Ike on calling out D plays: "I think Farrior was the best at it b/c regardless what the situation was during the game he kept it calm"

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribJohn Clay sat out PM Steelers practice for what appeared to be a hamstring issue

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribDoug Legursky and his wife are expecting a baby, but nobody asked him about what he thinks about being a father.

Ken Laird@Ken_LairdIke on concern about needing a new D captain: "Ppl said the same thing when Joey Porter left. Nobody expected Farrior. Expect the unexpected"

LB Johnson happy to be a Steeler

26 minutes ago - by Chris Adamski

Newly signed LB Brandon Johnson had some good lines Wednesday. An ex-Bengal, his impressions on the Steelers over the years: "That they won more than we did... That's pretty much my only impression." On his role: "I'm kind of married to special teams. It got me in the league, kept me in the league and if I'm going to stay I assume I'm going to have to keep playing it."

Ken Laird@Ken_LairdBut today's best from @Ike_SwagginU "Sometimes, beef is good. Every blue moon we’re going to step out there, ride with the big sharks."

Hall of Fame inductee Jack Butler attended the Steelers' first minicamp practice...

MarkKaboly_Trib Keep an eye on #Steelers rookie CB Terry Carter. Coaching staff really high on him.

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribLeftwich throws 71 yards today to beat Troy Smith. He said he could throw 80 yards in his younger days

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Camp practice schedule dates announced.

The following is a complete list of practices open to the public during the Steelers’ 2012 training camp:

PRACTICES BEGIN AT 3 P.M. UNLESS NOTED
    Friday, July 27 – (helmets and shorts)
    Saturday, July 28
    Sunday, July 29
    Monday, July 30 – Campus closed
    Tuesday, July 31
    Wednesday, Aug. 1
    Thursday, Aug. 2
    Friday, Aug. 3 – Night practice at Latrobe Stadium, 7 p.m.
    Saturday, Aug. 4
    Sunday, Aug. 5
    Monday, Aug. 6 – Campus closed
    Tuesday, Aug. 7
    Wednesday, Aug. 8-Friday, Aug. 10 – Campus closed
    Saturday, Aug. 11
    Sunday, Aug. 12
    Monday, Aug. 13 – Campus closed
    Tuesday, Aug. 14
    Wednesday, Aug. 15
    Thursday, Aug. 16
    Friday, Aug. 17