Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Camp Notes and Nuggets

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: 2012 Camp Notes and Nuggets

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribFoster and Pouncey working on drills: http://youtu.be/Y9AysPmvEvI via @youtube

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ken Laird@Ken_LairdHeld his own. Cam Heyward beat him on inside move, got him to set too deep. But overall, he looks good RT @h0bb3s74: How did Adams do?

Ken Laird@Ken_LairdZiggy was at 1st tm DE, opposite Keisel. Ziggy went v Marcus Gilbert in 1on1 line drills, did OK RT @1BlkGldFan: @Ken_Laird Where's Ziggy??

Mike Bires@mikebiresAs opposed to a lot of running we saw in previous practices, the Steelers' offense threw a lot today, specifically in the no-huddle

Ken Laird@Ken_Laird Looks fine health wise, Rainey's the new darling tho. It's early RT @RaveGreenLoyal: Hey Ken, what is the status of Baron Batch?

Mike Bires@mikebiresTE Heath Miller (ankle) returned to practice only on a limited basis

Ken Laird@Ken_LairdHasn't really stood out much to me yet... They put him v Al Woods today in 1on1, so easing him in RT @Transformphotos: any decastro updates?

Mike Bires@mikebires
    Very spirited session when WRs had to block DBs. At one point, WR Derrick Williams & CB Andre Freeman started to fight

Mike Bires
    @mikebires
    Even veteran CB Ike Taylor and WR Antonio Brown, the new $42.5 million man, nearly came to blows.

Boss Steeler Chick

4 minutes ago

From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, PG+

HALEY PRAISES BEN
    TUESDAY, 31 JULY 2012
    BY ED BOUCHETTE

Todd Haley spoke for about 13 minutes to us today and said he believes the offense is off to a good start in training camp. He talked about some of his philosophy, but put it in simple terms – run successfully when you have to, throw successfully when you have to and lean on the strengths of players....

“I’ve always been a less-is-more guy for the most part,’’ Haley said. “If you have quality players who can win one-on-one matchups, let’s not overcomplicate it. It’s been a good offense and it can be good and hopefully better.”

He said the players appear to have learned the new offense, and that he feels confident with Ben Roethlisberger running it.

“I’ve heard people say it’s a quarterback league and in 16, 17 years coaching I really believe that ... Ben is in that group of top guys, he’s proven that from day one in the NFL.

Ben handling that snap makes it fun for us offensive coaches ... We feel good about our start.”

Art Rooney said early in the year that he would like to see Roethlisberger sacked fewer times and perhaps even scale back the scrambling.

But Haley said “I haven’t had any of those talks with the organization. I’m just really excited about working with Ben. We’re off to a real good start. If you have a guy who is a proven winner, who knows how to move the football up and down the field and get everybody in place, that’s a huge asset. Just like everybody else, we’re going to play to his strengths but at the same time do things to give him the best chance to succeed.”

Ken Laird@Ken_LairdHe worked in w/ Brandon Johnson some at ILB behind Foote/Timmons. Small, but quick RT @eltro: @Ken_Laird how did Sean Spence do today?

Steelers Depot@SteelersdepotCB Terry Carter (hamstring) today per Tomlin. Damon Cromartie-Smith off PUP list Wednesday #steelers

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribHampton: "Everybody thinks McLendon is a small dude. He is a big, strong guy. He can be dominant."

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribMy camp phenom through three padded practices is Steve McLendon. The guy is virtually unblockable right now.

Ken Torgent@ktorgent"@ktorgent How has Clemons looked?" - Only noticed him once. Made a real nice snatch and grab in a drill. Otherwise, he hasn't stood out

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribBeen on this beat since 2001 and still can't get used to having Mean Joe Greene walking past me in the dorms.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribDecastro lights up Timmons in a toss sweep
    I am loving it.

WEDNESDAY, AUG. 1, 2012

Mark Kaboly
    @MarkKaboly_Trib
    For a guy who has a slightly torn rotator cuff, he Sure is taking a lot of reps AFTER practice.
    Last edited by stillers4me; 08-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Rooney Rants@RooneyRantsThe champaign of tight ends, heath miller looks in mid season form #steelers

Ken Laird@Ken_LairdTwo nice catches in team drills, Antonio reaches high to snag a Ben pass, and Cotchery outstretched to grab a Batch sizzler

Rooney Rants@RooneyRantsLegursky muffed snap. some things never change

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribLined up as a tailback and now covering kicks, big Ben doing at all right now. Maybe he should worry about QB

Joe Starkey@JoeStarkey1Ben is covering kickoffs. He really is. For fun obviously

Rooney Rants@RooneyRantsManny sanders catches everything thrown his way #mannyfresh

Aaron Smith@Aaron_Smith_26Quick, everybody overreact to the Big Ben rotator cuff news!

David Todd@hammerspeaksDeCastro pulling left in scrimmage as he was in drills. #Steelers

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribPouncey hurts ankle. Legursky replaces him at center.

Joe Starkey@JoeStarkey1Antonio just went D Thomas on Ike. Crowd went nuts

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribRookie hazing. Teammates shake the port a potty while Mike Adams is relieving himself.

David Todd@hammerspeaksCasey doing some running.oving reasonably well. Trainer says "you're moving better than I thought you would." #Steelers