Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Camp Notes and Nuggets

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: 2012 Camp Notes and Nuggets

Steelers Depot@Steelersdepot

Colbert sets cornerback depth chart & it is as expected. Taylor, Lewis, Allen & Brown #steelers

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_Trib

For you scoring at home, LB Jason Worilds injury is called "Scapholunate Diastasis"

Or in layman's terms: Worilds had a ligament tear between two bones inside the wrist. Surgery was required to reconstruct the ligament.

Steelers Depot@Steelersdepot

Roethlisberger said he texted DeCastro the other day to see if he needed to set up his flight for him next week. lol #steelers

The majestic Heinz Field during stretch time (there was no sight of Warren Sapp skipping through it" http://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/210778409410891776/photo/1

Chris Adamski@BuzzsawPGH

Ben:"Everydays a lil bit better. Not saying I can go out &call a game myself right now, but..when he calls a play, I know what's going on.."

Chris Adamski@BuzzsawPGH

Ben on rookies protecting him: "Long as they do their job, I don't care. I don't care who it is, long as they put 100% into it." #Steelers

No Pouncey, Harrison, Woodley at final OTA session today.

Harrison has been dealing with an inflamed knee. Expected to take part in minicamp though.

Keith Butler says he didn't go to Indy, in part, because they didn't have an established QB. "that's the way coaches lose jobs"

Chris Adamski@BuzzsawPGH

#Steelers def coordinator Dick LeBeau on his top priority for improvement over last season: "Upping the turnovers is definitely No. 1."

Steelers RReports@CBSSportsNFLPIT

LB coach Keith Butler has been impressed w/rookie Sean Spence, predicts he will be part of packages on defense."He's a very sharp young man"

OTAs Heinz Field - 6/7

The Steelers concluded OTAs with a practice inside Heinz Field.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...1-9200d003933d

Steelers RReports@CBSSportsNFLPIT

LB coach Keith Butler has been impressed w/rookie Sean Spence, predicts he will be part of packages on defense."He's a very sharp young man"

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Chris Adamski@BuzzsawPGH

#Steelers def coordinator Dick LeBeau on his top priority for improvement over last season: "Upping the turnovers is definitely No. 1."

100% agree!

Brett Keisel

Heyward & Keisel keepin' on eye on things during OTA's.

Surprise. No Mike Wallace at minicamp.

Will Graves@WillGravesAP

#Steelers minicamp off to sweaty start. Rookies O-linemen David DeCastro, Mike Adams spent ton of time with 1st team.

Will Graves@WillGravesAP

Willie Colon's welcome to the rookies, "In the huddle I said, 'it smells like baby powder and pampers in here." #Steelers

Will Graves@WillGravesAP

No Mike Wallace, as expected. James Harrison here but not practicing. He was doing some serious work in the weight room.

7th rounder Kelvin Beachum moved to guard.

Will Graves@WillGravesAP

Mike Adams on how hard it was to concentrate during school last few weeks: "I pretty much just had my playbook out in class."

Dejan Kovacevic

• Not allowed to describe what we see at the Steelers' minicamp -- NFL guideline -- but I can tell you based off subsequent interviews that the two rookie linemen, David DeCastro and Mike Adams, acquitted themselves mostly well. Maurkice Pouncey told me they "looked really good out there, really strong, confident." Cam Heyward, who lined up across Adams, said, "I thought he did a fine job. It's his first day. There'll be some bumps. But I thought he was impressive."

Mike Prisuta@DVEMikeDetails of Minicamp Day 1 will come later. For now, Adams and DeCastro after attacking the sled http://pic.twitter.com/uhQee4mm

DeCastro and Adams from the other side pic.twitter.com/KSMnL5Ro

Essex on Adams after Kugler got on him for quitting on a play: "A little thing like effort doesn't take a lot of talent to fix."

Essex: "Mike Adams learned that's not how we do things here."

Gerry Dulac@gerrydulac

No. 1 pick David DeCastro lined at RG, No. 2 Mike Adams at LT with second team O-line at first day of minicamp

Gerry Dulac@gerrydulac

Fourth-round pick, NT Alameda Ta'amu, also makes first appearance with veterans. He's perfect mold for NT -- thick, hard to move.