Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Camp Notes and Nuggets

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: 2012 Camp Notes and Nuggets

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribPolamalu on what he need to improve: "Oh geez, I don't know where to start."

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_Trib“To be honest, every year I ever had was below my standards,” Polamalu said. “I have expectations from myself. I have a lot to improve on.”

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribRamon Foster has a pulled hamstring. Might need to sit a couple days.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Mike Prisuta@DVEMikePouncey on Colon at LG: "He's going to be a monster." Pouncey on Gilbert staying at RT: "I don't think he cares. He just wants to play."

This is the brilliance in what they're doing. If in fact Colon's skill set is better suited for guard than tackle then he could be a brilliant one. In my opinion by the end of last season Gilbert had evolved already to an above average right tackle. I would expect continued and rapid growth in his play now that it's been decided he'll stay put at right tackle. So essentially, no matter how rapidly Adams does or doesn't develop the Steelers should be well above average in 4 out of 5 offensive line positions.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Mike Prisuta@DVEMikePouncey said new offense is "going to be a lot different. We have a lot more running plays. We might run it a lot more in the red zone."

Todd Haley

Honestly I don't care if they run it more in the red zone or not. Just run it more effectively and efficiently in all zones, and the passing game will improve greatly as a result. As will the red zone offense.

Dejan Kovacevic

• A few other impressions from the Steelers' OTA today: Chris Rainey, the seventh-round running back, is someone you're REALLY going to like. ... Don't rule out Curtis Brown at starting corner. His athleticism is exceptional. Could use a pick or two. ... Emmanuel Sanders said his foot is healthy. We'll see. ... Encouraging to see Baron Batch on grass. The Mewelde show is a little stale. ... If Ben is happy to be changing offenses, then I'm batting cleanup for the Pirates tonight. (Wait, what?)

(someone on twitter has already corrected him about Rainey being a fifth round pick)

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribCheck out some DAY 1 STEELERS OTA video. http://youtu.be/tpomGNJmWC4 via @youtube

Joe Starkey@JoeStarkey1Lasting image from Steelers OTA today: Chris Rainey, running very fast. Wow

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I always like how our QBs don't wear a special QB jersey during the camps, instead wearing the same one as everyone else.

Steelers Depot

‎@E_Sanders88 says new offense is built around a lot of play action #steelers

OTAs -Day One It was back to work for the Steelers on Tuesday at the first day of OTAs at the UPMC Sports Performance Complex on the South Side, and it was a packed house, with the majority of the veterans on hand.

http://burgh.us/efc

Joe Starkey@JoeStarkey1Lasting image from Steelers OTA today: Chris Rainey, running very fast. Wow
    Bye bye Mewelde Moore.

Ben Roethlisberger 5/22

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger addresses the media after Tuesday's OTA practice at the Steelers headquarters in the South Side.

http://burgh.us/efc

Dejan Kovacevic@Dejan_Kovacevic

The QBs lead way off field after the Steelers' first OTA today. @ Pittsburgh Steelers Headquarters http://instagr.am/p/K8p7zXBS91/

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Ed Bouchette@EdBouchette
    #steelers most impressive rookie on first day? Caveat: in shorts, no contact, but LB Sean Spence, third rounder
    Perhaps it's his Troy-like instincts and athleticism...may be our surprise stud of the draft.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Perhaps it's his Troy-like instincts and athleticism...may be our surprise stud of the draft.
    We all know that Spence is a top athlete...so he better look good in shorts. I take it with a grain of salt.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Honestly I don't care if they run it more in the red zone or not. Just run it more effectively and efficiently in all zones, and the passing game will improve greatly as a result. As will the red zone offense.
    Agreed Zu.

It is exciting to think about much improvement is possible in all areas of our offense with a solid offensive line....

On a positive note, our YPC was pretty good outside the red zone last year even with a patch work line....imagine if we get some holes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    We all know that Spence is a top athlete...so he better look good in shorts. I take it with a grain of salt.
    Indeed.

You know Chidi, I think that it is very possible that our first 5 draft picks could all see a decent amount of playing time this year.

Even excluding special teams...

Mike Bires@mikebiresSteelers RB Isaac Redman said today that TE/H-Back David Johnston is now strictly a fullback

Mike Prisuta@DVEMikeRB Isaac Redman said Haley offense is "kind of emphasizing getting the ball to the running backs a little bit more. We'll see how it goes."

Mike Prisuta@DVEMikeRedman on learning the Todd Haley offense: "It's tough on everybody. We're just trying to get the hang of it. We'll see how it goes."

I thought only Ben was have a tough time with it.

Mike Bires@mikebiresMissing today from 2nd Steelers OTA was D-end Brett Keisel, who's back home in Wyoming for a family function. He'll be here next week

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_TribNT Steve McLendon is listed at 280. He told me today he is 325 -- plenty big enough to fill in until Hamp is healthy

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_Trib#Steelers great Dermontti Dawson at OTAs today. Just asked receptionist if he needed a pass to go watch practice. I think it's OK, Dirt.

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_Trib

Cortez Allen is running first team nickel

Trai Essex was told he is to concentrate on LT, but also be ready for the other 4 positions

Ryan Clark yelling across field to Tomlin: "If your QBs going to hold on to ball that long, you better draft some more OL in 1st round"

Tomlin "I'm going to draft a safety next year ... a free safety."

Ike response to who fault it in OT at Denver “Nah, that play is over, man. We lost that game. I had a bad game. That play all the way over"

Scott Brown@ScottBrown_Trib

James Harrison on new NFL rule regarding pads: “You’ve got to wear knee pads too? Wow. I guess I’ll just have to get used to it."

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Ryan Clark yelling across field to Tomlin: "If your QBs going to hold on to ball that long, you better draft some more OL in 1st round"

Tomlin "I'm going to draft a safety next year ... a free safety."