Thread: Go Spurs Go!!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Go Spurs Go!!!

Would love to see another party on the river walk!!!

I know nobody including the media want to see the Spurs win it but they sure have been playin' some fantastic basketball!!!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Re: Go Spurs Go!!!

I know what you mean butch. Anyone that hasn't seen the riverwalk at night is truly missing a treat, and some of the best food in the contry. One of my favorite places on earth. If the Mavs can't do it, I hope the Spurs do.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I know what you mean butch. Anyone that hasn't seen the riverwalk at night is truly missing a treat, and some of the best food in the contry. One of my favorite places on earth. If the Mavs can't do it, I hope the Spurs do.
    Was just going to update this when I noticed your response. The river walk at night is pretty cool and San Antonio is what I love to call the biggest little city in the world. These people are fun to watch when the Spurs win it all, out in the streets all night honking horns and partying. It is really a site to see.

I often compare the Spurs to the Steelers, small market, blue collar players, a great coach and one helluva front office. Hell most of the people here in S.A. thought of the Spurs as middle of the pack at best. They are old and the big 3 have their better days behind them. They even lost one of their stars early in the season and most figured a 50 50 split was the most optimistic view while Ginobili was out. Instead they win ala Steelers without Ben.

Incredible bench play and excellent coaching have set the Spurs apart. Can't wait to see how it goes in the next round.

Go Spurs Go!!!

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I often compare the Spurs to the Steelers, small market, blue collar players, a great coach and one helluva front office. Hell most of the people here in S.A. thought of the Spurs as middle of the pack at best. They are old and the big 3 have their better days behind them. They even lost one of their stars early in the season and most figured a 50 50 split was the most optimistic view while Ginobili was out. Instead they win ala Steelers without Ben.
    !!
    Completely agree

everytime the spurs seem headed for a big run I root for them, it's hard not to. If the knicks ever played them that'd be different, but even with recent changes I can't see it happening
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Somebody forgot to tell OKC about the party plans. Kudos to the Thunder, after the Spurs went 20-0, the Thunder took them down 4 straight.

I'm sure the Seattle fans are stirring in their seats.