Thread: LB on the inside track at NFL Draft

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

LB on the inside track at NFL Draft

As an undersized linebacker at the University of Miami, Sean Spence drew comparisons to Jonathan Vilma for his speed, quickness, athleticism and ability to make tackles. And his stature.

Spence was a sideline-to-sideline tackle machine for the Hurricanes, becoming the first Miami player since Vilma -- and only sixth in school history -- to register 100 or more tackles in back-to-back seasons. Like Vilma, who is 6 feet 1, Spence didn't seem to have any problems seeing over the line of scrimmage, either.

Even if he is two inches shorter than Vilma.

"I love Sean Spence," NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock said before the draft. "Someone is going to get a hell of a player.".........................

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...-draft-633964/

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: LB on the inside track at NFL Draft

DeCastro is an obvious gem that fell to us. No guarantees, I know, but talk about value.

However, these later picks are quite intriguing and they are going to infuse a lot of energy in TC. The season ahead is looking better and better.

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Re: LB on the inside track at NFL Draft

I'm really excited to see what Lebeau does with two really athletic guys on the inside in Timmons and Spence.