Thread: No more apologies, please, Mr. President

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

No more apologies, please, Mr. President

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news...a-says-us?lite

Blind activist Chen Guangcheng 'to stay in China,' says US

A) This guy will be disappeared as soon as all the buzz dies down. I think he knows this himself, but he's a brave guy. B) The average ham-n-egger in China, due to such tight censorship, has never even heard of him (which is fairly amazing) C) Ironically, he's considered a dissident although all he ever asked was that China obey it's own laws D) Isn't it a bit of an embarrassment that a blind guy was able to escape "multiple cordons' of Chinese security forces? What kind of Mickey Mouse security forces are they running over there?, and, finally, and most importantly:

"The U.S. method was interference in Chinese domestic affairs, and this is totally unacceptable to China. China demands that the United States apologize over this, thoroughly investigate this incident, punish those who are responsible, and give assurances that such incidents will not recur," the statement said.

F) OBAMA, DO NOT APOLOGIZE TO CHINA! You're already the weakest President we've had in decades, and you've already repeatedly diminished US power and prestige, please don't make it worse by apologizing for simply doing what's right.
    Fire Goodell

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Re: No more apologies, please, Mr. President

OK, more...apparently, Guangcheng stayed because he was told by Chinese authorities that if he would have left, they would beat his wife to death.

Nice folks, those Chinese...

http://news.yahoo.com/friend-says-ch...132620109.html
    Fire Goodell

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Can't get the video to embed...from SNL skit:

President Barack Obama: As I already said privately, uhhh -- I would like to thank President Jintao for his kind welcome and generous hospitality, and I hope that during this visit we can have a productive dialogue about the serious issues of concern that remain between our two countries -- issues ranging from the unfair valuation of your currency to the trade imbalance, and, most importantly, human rights. Uhhh -- I believe there can be a great partnership between us, but it will require compromise and understanding.

[ in each instance, as Hu Jintao responds in Chinese, his interpreter translates into English for Obama's benefit ]

Interpreter: Thank you, Mr. President. I would like to add that I completely understand why you feel entitled to come here and lecture China on our shortcomings. After all, my country does owe the United States a great deal of money. Oh, wait! Hold on a moment! I believe I had that backwards. In fact, now that I think about it, it is your country that owes us a large sum of money. Is this correct?

President Barack Obama: Uh... yes.

Interpreter: Now, it's coming back to me. I believe it's $800 billion.

President Barack Obama: That is correct.

Interpreter: Such a large sum.

President Barack Obama: Yes, it is.

Interpreter: And, yet, you haven't even mentioned it. That's so odd.

President Barack Obama: Uhhh, look -- you're going to get your money.

Interpreter: Are we? Are we going to get our money? Because, from what I read, your country is in the middle of a serious recession.

President Barack Obama: Uh, well, while this is true, there are signs that our bailout has steadied the financial markets, and our stimulus package has been effective in fixing the job crisis.

Interpreter: I'm curious: How many jobs has it created?

President Barack Obama: Uhhhh -- so far... none.

Interpreter: I see.

President Barack Obama: But our health care reform plan -- we're confident -- is going to lead to enormous savings.

Interpreter: How exactly is extending health care coverage to 30 million people going to save you money?

President Barack Obama: I... don't know.

Interpreter: And this "Cash for Clunkers" program? I have read that you purchased many clunkers with our money.

President Barack Obama: Yes, we have.

Interpreter: What does this word "clunkers" mean?

President Barack Obama: Well, a, uh, clunker is a car --

Interpreter: I know what a "clunker" is. And, just so there is no misunderstanding, you are not allowed to pay us back in clunkers.

President Barack Obama: Of course not.

Interpreter: You know, as I listen to you, I am noticing that each of your plans to save money involves spending even more money. This does not inspire confidence.

President Barack Obama: I assure you, you're going to get your money.

Interpreter: Will you kiss me?

President Barack Obama: [ confused ] Sorry?

Interpreter: Will you kiss me?

President Barack Obama: I don't understand.

Interpreter: I like to be kissed... [ they raise their voices ] when someone is doing sex to me!!

President Barack Obama: [ stunned ] There's no need for that.

Interpreter: No? You know how many uninsured we have in China? One and a quarter billion. Billion! But I'll tell you this: We don't owe anyone $800 billion.

President Barack Obama: Well, obviously, we take our debt to you very seriously.

Interpreter: I suppose if I really wanted to get my money, I could call and say I was a Wall Street banker who needs his bonus. But, really, why should I have to stoop to that level?

President Barack Obama: You don't have to stoop to any level.

Interpreter: Please understand, if it were my $800 billion I wouldn't care. But it belongs to my country. I feel like I should bring it up.

President Barack Obama: You're going to get your money.

Interpreter: Say, while you're here, are you at least going to treat me to dinner and a movie?

President Barack Obama: I'm sorry?

Interpreter: I think it's the polite thing to do... [ they raise their voices ] before doing sex to me!

[ Hu Jintao bends over ]

President Barack Obama: Mr. President, please!

Interpreter: Very well.

President Barack Obama: I assure you, that as soon we solve this economic crisis --

Interpreter: Which one? The one that your country's reckless real estate speculation caused? That one? I just want to make sure I know which one we're talking about.

President Barack Obama: We are taking steps to make sure that what happened will never happen again.

Interpreter: What steps?

President Barack Obama: Uhhhh -- reform of banking regulations.

Interpreter: Do I look like Mrs. Obama?

President Barack Obama: What?

Interpreter: Do I look like Mrs. Obama?

President Barack Obama: Of course not.

Interpreter: Then why are you trying to... [ they raise their voices ] do sex to me like I was Mrs. Obama?

[ Hu Jintao bends over ]

President Barack Obama: Now, now!

Interpreter: Just do it! Get it over with!

President Barack Obama: Mr. President!

Interpreter: Don't be a tease!

President Barack Obama: I just --

Interpreter: I can take it!

President Barack Obama: This is not the time or place!

Interpreter: Very well. In that case, I call this press conference to a close. And, "Live, from New York, it's Saturday Night!"
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Suit, can you post the link to the video?

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

I wonder if CNN will factcheck that skit?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If Obama wants to apologize, how about he apologize for the brutal actions of the thugs beating people in the name of "Justice for Trayvon" or for the acts of violence perpetrated by OWS since he loves apologizing for America's great past. Or better yet, he should apologize to us taxpayers for wasting the taxpayer's HARD EARNED MONEY on useless bureaucracies and companies who pour money into Obama's reelection campaign then go bankrupt, and to small business owners for over regulation and making it hard for them to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Suit, can you post the link to the video?
    Tried to embed it, but had some trouble...here is a link to the video...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...d-open/1178451
    Fire Goodell