Thread: Steelers draft choice back with 'brother'

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers draft choice back with 'brother'

Life got off to a tough start for Steelers draft pick Chris Rainey, born while his mother was locked up in a Florida jail.
    He would live with a grandmother, and with his mother once she left prison. He came from what generally is described as a broken home.

Lisa and Rob Webster changed all that for Rainey when he moved in with their family early in high school. The family included twin brothers named Maurkice and Mike Pouncey, who think of Chris Rainey as a brother...........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...er-633867/?p=0

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Steelers draft choice back with 'brother'

If only we could reunite the whole clan...
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    If only we could reunite the whole clan...
    Good Lord....think about that interior line- DeCastro, Pouncey, Pouncey. That wouldn't even be fair. I know it's not happening, but damn...
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

That would be amazing. To take the thread more off topic how do we see our oline panning out. Gilbert, Decastro, Pounce, Colon, Adams...

Adams is said to have great lateral movement so he might ne better at LT then gilbert

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Sounds kind of like the Blind Side.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Let's just hope that being around Pouncey will keep him focused. Pouncey's talk with Gilbert produced some pretty good results, I'd say.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Miami might be willing to trrade Pouncey. They traded Wes Welker to the Pats and traded their entire offense, Brandon Marshal, away.
    All Defense!

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    That would be amazing. To take the thread more off topic how do we see our oline panning out. Gilbert, Decastro, Pounce, Colon, Adams...

Adams is said to have great lateral movement so he might ne better at LT then gilbert
    While I think Adams has good footwork, I like Gilbert at left tackle. At least for now.

I like the line playing out as

Gilbert - Foster - Pouncey - DeCastro - Colon

and maybe later in the year..

Gilbert - Foster or Colon - Pouncey - DeCasteo - Adams

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Hmmm. Wonder if Pouncey had any influence on Rainey's pick. He did influence the front office to take Gilbert. Pouncey is emerging as quite a leader.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

if you look at any Chris Rainey highlights, a lot of it isnt just his talent, a lot of it is the Pouncey brothers' show. They worked really well together
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Great story, I hope Chris contribute a lot in the offense and ST.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Of course they picked him up because of the Pouncey relationship just like Indy picked up Standford's TE after they drafted Luck.

And Adams will most likely be a starter.
    All Defense!

Member Array title="YoungMoneyFam is an unknown quantity at this point"> YoungMoneyFam's Avatar

While I think the Pouncey to Rainey relationship had some influence on the pick, I think he was decent value at that pick in general. Makes for an easy decision if you ask me.