Thread: Feds want to ban children from farm chores

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Feds want to ban children from farm chores

By Patrick Richardson

A proposal from the Obama administration to prevent children from doing farm chores has drawn plenty of criticism from rural-district members of Congress. But now it’s attracting barbs from farm kids themselves.

The Department of Labor is poised to put the finishing touches on a rule that would apply child-labor laws to children working on family farms, prohibiting them from performing a list of jobs on their own families’ land.

Under the rules, children under 18 could no longer work “in the storing, marketing and transporting of farm product raw materials.”

“Prohibited places of employment,” a Department press release read, “would include country grain elevators, grain bins, silos, feed lots, stockyards, livestock exchanges and livestock auctions.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/25/ru...#ixzz1t3gBYv6P
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, the kids are taking jobs away from illegal immigrants.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Re: Feds want to ban children from farm chores

yeah sounds like the big farm companies have been sending $$$$$$ to whoever to get this done.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

This is actually old news...

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...s-of-Precedent!

But it's obviously still ruffling feathers.

Farmers are overwhelming GOP voters, so Hopey could care less about their business or their opinion...
    Fire Goodell

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    I apologize for starting a redundant thread. I did a quick search, but the thread title "Obama Strikes Again! Attempts to Reverse 10,000 Years of Precedent!" wouldn't have tipped me off.

Delete away.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    I apologize for starting a redundant thread. I did a quick search, but the thread title "Obama Strikes Again! Attempts to Reverse 10,000 Years of Precedent!" wouldn't have tipped me off.

Delete away.
    No, it's fine...that was way back on November. It serves as a reminder just how bad of a President this guy really is...
    Fire Goodell

No, it's fine...that was way back on November. It serves as a reminder just how bad of a President this guy really is...
    Aren't we reminded just about every day?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Though some would have you believe Romney would try to do the same.

btw Welcome back Wallace!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Schrute Beet Farms in Scranton uses a lot of child labor because it is cheap.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

At this point, why doesn't the fed ban everything and just un-ban the few things we can still do (for now)?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    At this point, why doesn't the fed ban everything and just un-ban the few things we can still do (for now)?
    FLMAO!!!!!!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    btw Welcome back Wallace!
    Thanks, zu.

Regarding the topic, I'm not sure what frustrates me more ... the way the government continues to overstep its authority or the way we continue to allow it.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

This goes beyond "farms". Just off the top of my head. If you have kids mow your lawn(farm), weed whip. Not anymore.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ