Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Got DeCastro!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Pristas has a spectacular aura about"> Pristas's Avatar

We Got DeCastro!!!!

We have an o'line! And Hightower just went to the Pats, so no chance for the Ratbirds! I love it!!!!

Senior Member Array title="TomlinSteelTribe is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: We Got DeCastro!!!!

I hear ya! Thrilled DeCastro dropped to us!

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Gilbert/DeCastro/Pouncey/Foster/Colon. Now that's a legit NFL offensive line.

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

He looks rock solid. I am very happy with the pick. I'm sure Ben is too. Pouncey will finally have some legit talent next to him.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
    Gilbert/DeCastro/Pouncey/Foster/Colon. Now that's a legit NFL offensive line.
    I hope they will stay healthy

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Good pick. I am glad they passed on Hightower. Now on to Chapman
    Hater = Realist

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

I can't believe that he fell to us. I love this pick. It was a no brainer once he fell to us. Ben now has some more help, and this guy is also going to create craters for Redman to run through.

Gilbert-DeCastro-Pouncey-Foster-Colon

That's not a bad offensive line. Maybe Ben won't get sacked a bazillion times this season.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Hell yes! Where do you guys think he'll be a better fit for now? left or right guard?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Hell yes! Where do you guys think he'll be a better fit for now? left or right guard?
    Funny you should ask.

Steelers Digest@SteelersDigestTomlin said DeCastro is a right guard. "Everything we would ask him to do we saw him do at Stanford."

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers Digest@SteelersDigest
    Colbert said they had identified some players they would trade up to get, and DeCastro was one of them.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Love it. Can't believe he fell to us.

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Great Pick! I told all my friends that if the first pick didn't read "Name of Player...OL" I was going to be disappointed. I am surprised he fell to us. Hopefully for Bens sake he steps right in and starts and succeeds.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

FUCKING STEAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

How the hell did we get DeCastro!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Funny you should ask.

Steelers Digest@SteelersDigestTomlin said DeCastro is a right guard. "Everything we would ask him to do we saw him do at Stanford."
    i really agree with that sentiment. Gotta play to your strengths. Decastro is going to be one of our best O-linemen and if he's best at RG, let's keep him there!
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

My 2 cents worth Array title="Burghfan58 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Burghfan58's Avatar

I didn't even have to wait to hear it. As soon as I saw Detroit passed on him I knew they would take him and not Hightower.
    Addicted to Steeler football 24/7 365

Chris Mack@THEChrisMack
    Pick gets awesomer by the second. “@Chris_Gates: David DeCastro's father and grandfather were rugby stars in South Africa.#Steelers

Scott Brown@ScottBrown_Trib

Colbert said he was one of the 7 to 10 prospects the Steelers had identified as "surefire" NFL players before the draft.

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Well at least next year I wont have to listen to people bitch about Us not adressing the O-line in the draft.

In all seriousness, its ridiculous that he fell to us at 24. The best OG in the entire draft and the leage let him fall to the Steelers. Amazing get for us.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

This mug was made for the Black & Gold.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I'm still shocked that we got him.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

I'm happy as can be. But him playing at RG? Really? I know he played it in college...but man move him to LG...pleeease!

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

So per reports he can run block AND pas block. Almost forgot what that was like having on the roster.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Smoked Pig Skin Array title="vtw8lftr is an unknown quantity at this point"> vtw8lftr's Avatar

Personally I think this says it all...

I have been a Steelers faithful since I was a 6 year old... my mom has pictures of me dressed in my steelers uniform back in '76... yep I'm old but a diehard... I understand defense and recognize offense, if you get it you get it.

Senior Member Array title="steelerdiva will become famous soon enough"> steelerdiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    This mug was made for the Black & Gold.

Hometown Gal.....R.I.P My Black and Gold Sister...See ya in the morning.

The broad formerly known as memphissteelergirl

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Its a Celebration!
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

I really think a special player fell into our laps. I feel very excited and fortunate.

Senior Member Array title="Pristas has a spectacular aura about"> Pristas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vtw8lftr View Post
    Personally I think this says it all...

Faneca who?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">