Thread: Report: Browns talking Colt McCoy trade with Packers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Report: Browns talking Colt McCoy trade with Packers

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Re: Report: Browns talking Colt McCoy trade with Packers

Good! So all the experince McCoy gained will be wasted, and they'll have yet another first year guy at the helm.

By the time he's up to speed and fully understanding the position, he'll have to retire!
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Who entrusts a franchise into the hands of a 28 year old rookie? Teams like the Browns who lose 10 games a year, that's who

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

What about Kurt Warner? How old was he when he took over the Rams?
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    What about Kurt Warner? How old was he when he took over the Rams?

But he had 3 all pro/HOF caliber guys around him in Faulk, Bruce, and Holt.

The Browns have.... ummmm.... Yeah...

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post

They have Richardson now...that'll help...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Lol. good point.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    They have Richardson now...that'll help...
    Yeah, but I dont see him being a massive help without also getting some WR help as well. Otherwise teams can still stack the box against the Browns and Richardson will be very limited in the plays he can make. They need a wr in the 2nd to pair with Little.

Yeah, but I dont see him being a massive help without also getting some WR help as well. Otherwise teams can still stack the box against the Browns and Richardson will be very limited in the plays he can make. They need a wr in the 2nd to pair with Little.
    There are still good quality WR's to be had. I still hope WE pick T.Y. Hilton...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Classless and Cold in Cleveland.

I feel bad for Colt. He may not be all that good a QB, but he could be a capable backup, a good guy who was drafted into a terrible situation in Cleveland. I don't care if he's not starter material, you don't treat him like he's junk. The Steelers fielded terrible QB's before, but they didn't go out of their way to deliberately destroy them. I feel even worse for Richardson. He's going to get the wheels run off of him in Cleveland while the Browns yet again attempt to develop Weeden in what limited time he has left with no Offensive weapons.

Kurt Warner played pro football before. He played in Arena League and pretty much walked into a dream situation in St.Louis. Dome Team with lots of Offensive Weapons. Weeden has...nothing.

I don't think McCoy is that bad. He had no weapons, not the greatest line, and he was trying to learn a very complex WCO that takes a few years for even the best to master.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It's very rare to see careers as Kurt Warner

Warner also was not a first round pick!

Warner was an undrafted player

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It's very rare to see careers as Kurt Warner

Warner also was not a first round pick!

Warner was an undrafted player
    Exactly, and Warner was only playing because Trent Green got injured. Green was supposed to be the QB of that team.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I never trust anything that comes out of PFT but I think that this would be pretty stupid of the Browns. Why not just make it an open competition at QB instead of handing the job to the rookie? This is why the Clowns will forever be the Clowns. Colt should welcome getting out of there.

Local scuttlebutt is that the Browns originally intended to KEEP McCoy, but he pissed them off when he talked about what they promised him. It looks like they told him they were NOt going to draft a QB, that they were going to draft him playmakers, then they lied to him and he talked publicly about it. So it's revenge.

Same old Browns...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Good job Browns, way to turn a former third-round draft pick into probably a fifth or sixth.

I don't think McCoy was going to be the savior of the franchise, but I'm pretty sure he'd at least make a decent backup.

Actually, it's hard to tell what he'd turn out like at all, since his only playing experience is with a total shitfuck of a team. Pretty dumb to dump him in any case.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The Browns continue to destroy the career of any QB they ever sign! It is like watching two airplanes collide in the sky where your ex-wife is on one and the boss you hate the most is on the other.
    All Defense!

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Cleveland's where you go to die.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

If I am Colt, I am praying for this trade. The last guy to back up Rodgers played in one game, at which he did play well, and then got payed. You just need one good game throwing to a great group of wr, and then wait for the offers.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    If I am Colt, I am praying for this trade. The last guy to back up Rodgers played in one game, at which he did play well, and then got payed. You just need one good game throwing to a great group of wr, and then wait for the offers.
    Yep. Maybe it's a bless in disguise for Colt McCoy, he can learn a lot in GB as Rodgers' backup, more than he's developing in the Stains

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Can't wait to see him put up 400 yards on the Browns. I would take him as a back up.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Trade with us!

guy could be one of the best backups in the league
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Local scuttlebutt is that the Browns originally intended to KEEP McCoy, but he pissed them off when he talked about what they promised him. It looks like they told him they were NOt going to draft a QB, that they were going to draft him playmakers, then they lied to him and he talked publicly about it. So it's revenge.

Same old Browns...
    Why did they tell him anything? If Colt asked before hand just tell him you're going to be true to your board.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."