Thread: Ride of a lifetime: DeCastro's path to Steelers an odd one

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ride of a lifetime: DeCastro's path to Steelers an odd one

The Steelers almost never got a chance to leap as quickly as they did when David DeCastro, a tenacious, determined, tackle-mashing guard from Stanford, all but fell into their lap in the first round of the NFL draft.
    In fact, the three years DeCastro spent as a starting All-Pac-10 Conference guard at Stanford almost never came about, either.

When he was 18 months old, DeCastro's parents moved back to their native South Africa because his father, Colin, wanted to pursue a law career in Cape Town, his hometown. Colin and his wife, Jennifer, had met when both were doing their undergraduate work at the University of Cape Town.

But, after five months, Jennifer, who received her masters degree from the University of Washington, received a job offer in Seattle. So the DeCastros moved back to the Pacific Northwest. And, for that, Stanford and the Steelers, are forever grateful...............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...ne-633436/?p=0

Senior Member Array title="Austin87 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Austin87's Avatar

Re: Ride of a lifetime: DeCastro's path to Steelers an odd one

Good read,thanks for posting.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

"Native country of Africa" - that means he is African American.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

I wish they'd give him #52.