Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ta'amu

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Ta'amu

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    22. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington. After a great week of practice at the Senior Bowl, Ta'amu's name is on the lips of every NFL team that plays a 3-4 defense and needs a physically dominant nose tackle.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...#ixzz1td7KDTRD

Alameda Ta'amu/DT/Washington: If scouts were hoping to be wowed by Ta'amu, all they need to due is watch the Senior Bowl game film. The big defensive tackle was dominant every time he lined up and was a constant nuisance for opponents. He collapsed the pocket on several occasions, overpowering opponents to make plays behind the line of scrimmage or force the action. His quarterback pressure at the end of the first half ended what looked to be a potential scoring drive for the South. In the second half the South was forced to double team Ta'amu in the attempt to slow him down.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1td7Y0YkN
    Wasn't that out of a 4-3 rather than a 3-4?
    Hater = Realist

Member Array title="sgtrobo is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I didn't necessarily say I had a problem with it. I am surprised by how low the number was in relation to his size. He can't even bench his own weight? He only benches 20 more pounds than me. Also, due to his position wouldn't a good bench be better than a lower one?

In my other post I hinted at it possibly being a typo
    335 is probably a typo. If he hits 35@225, he's doing more than 335 for a single rep.

watch Nebraska 2010 Bowl game. He needs conditioning and consistent pad level, and we'll all look back and wonder how such a dominant NT fell to the 4th.

of note, half a decade ago, we spent a 6th to move up in the 4th to grab a punter. This year we spent a 6th to move up in the 4th to grab our next "franchise" NT. I like our progress. :P

Quote Originally Posted by sgtrobo View Post

of note, half a decade ago, we spent a 6th to move up in the 4th to grab a punter. This year we spent a 6th to move up in the 4th to grab our next "franchise" NT. I like our progress. :P
    If you remember the punters we had before that pick...I don't fault spending a sixth to get a punter in the fourth at all. Frankly, I was tired of 35-45 yard punts. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, 4-7 rounds are pics to take flyers at.... Which it seems may be the case with this guy. He may be great, or he may fail out. Either way, it's not a real loss when it comes to draft picks.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Punters CAN be game changers, Look at SF last year...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Punters CAN be game changers, Look at SF last year...
    Andy Lee is a MONSTER punter. I remember we tried to get him the year we ended up drafting Sepulveda.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

They played a 4-3 at Washington yes. They also played a 4-3 at Senior Bowl. What is your point??

Do you think he cant be a NT because he played in a 4-3 at Washington and the post season bowl game.?

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

and he signed

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    Andy Lee is a MONSTER punter. I remember we tried to get him the year we ended up drafting Sepulveda.
    I think about that way more than I should. At least a couple times a season I think about how many more wins Andy Lee might have brought us - seriously.