Thread: Ohio State OT Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine.

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Ohio State OT Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine.

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Ohio State OT Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine. Adams has already reportedly completed a counseling program. La Canfora says Adams is likely to be a mid 2nd round selection. Adams had been linked to the Steelers; a month or so ago some mocks had him penciled in as the 24th overall pick.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Ohio State OT Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine.

Steelers front office: STAY AWAY from Mike Adams

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

A blocking Santonio Holmes. I don't understand how kids can not stay off drugs to make millions of $ and play a game.
    All Defense!

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I had a lot of reservations about him even before this...if he can't lay off the ganga, it means he CAN'T lay off the ganga, if you know what I mean.

Pass.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

What is the saying........."looks like Tarzan, smokes like Chong". Buh bye!

What team would want to subscribe to a headache like that? I am for legalizing, do not smoke, but historically dope smokers are lazy and unreliable. They never realize their full potential even with flashes of brilliance like Santonio Holmes. Why get involved with an immature idiot with all the drama when you have no ties with him currently? I wouldn't even take him as an UFA knowing the league's drug policy.

The joint he smoked cost him millions of $. He has got to be one of the dumbest in the class and every year another fool gets busted. I still can't believe how dumb some people are :::shakes head:::.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    I had a lot of reservations about him even before this...if he can't lay off the ganga, it means he CAN'T lay off the ganga, if you know what I mean.

Pass.
    I had kind of assumed half our offensive line was playing stoned already....

It would explain a lot....
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I had kind of assumed half our offensive line was playing stoned already....

It would explain a lot....
    Or on tranquilizers.
    All Defense!

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Or on tranquilizers.
    That's it! Now its obvious!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Take him off the board.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I'd possibly take him in the 2nd round.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

no way we take this pot head in the first round after we dumped santo

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

ouch!

Now we have the great sociological experiment in Pittsburgh. They need to be extra tough on this kid and go R. Lee Ermey on him.
    All Defense!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Don't forget what Pouncey did to get Gilbert motivated. He wasn't a smoker, but he had the same "lazy" rep. I think Pouncey and DeCastro will set the bar pretty high.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It's weed. It's pretty much everywhere nowadays and it's not a "big deal." I mean the Steelers drafted him...what's that tell you? Not a big deal...

HUGE pick up! 2nd STEAL of the draft...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ravens gonna snag Ta'amu?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Mike Adams belongs on the roster of the Ratbirds, Bungals, or Cowboys, not the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Mike Adams belongs on the roster of the Ratbirds, Bungals, or Cowboys, not the Steelers
    Seems like most of your recent posts are just negative...not liking the picks...saying the Steelers screwed up or whatever...wow!

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

We got him in the second. He's good enough to be a top 15 pick. I'd say it's worth trying to get him on the right path.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It's weed. It's pretty much everywhere nowadays and it's not a "big deal." I mean the Steelers drafted him...what's that tell you? Not a big deal...

HUGE pick up! 2nd STEAL of the draft...
    It is a big deal when he gets suspended and he can't play and the oline falls apart again.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Adams, who is 6-7, 322 pounds, apparently was mortified when he learned he had tested positive. A native of Farrell, Pa., and a lifelong Steelers fan he said, according to his agent, Monroeville native Eric Metz, "I blew it. I blew my chance of being a Steeler.''Metz said he told him, "If you were my son, I'd tell you to get in the car, drive up there, see them face to face like a man and tell them you screwed up. He got in his car and drove over there. It was important to him, he wanted to be a Steeler.''
    When he arrived, he met with Colbert, coach Mike Tomlin and president Art Rooney.
    "We told him he was off our draft board,'' Colbert said.
    But the fact that Adams made that drive, which the Steelers appreciated, led to circumstances that culminated in them drafting him Friday night.
    The Steelers laid out some stipulations for Adams to get back on their draft board, which included counseling. Colbert said he met them all, and the put gave him a first-round grade on their board.
    Thanks for posting that. I didn't know he was from Farrell. I grew up in Mercer, about 30 minutes from there. Farrell a pretty rough part of town....just outside of Sharon.

It looks like he's committed to "the Steeler way". I wish the kid well, for our sake and his.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Thanks for posting that. I didn't know he was from Farrell. I grew up in Mercer, about 30 minutes from there. Farrell a pretty rough part of town....just outside of Sharon.

It looks like he's committed to "the Steeler way". I wish the kid well, for our sake and his.
    I didn't know he was from Farrell either. I live 10 minutes from Sharon, close to the Ohio-Pennsylvania border ... but I don't pay any attention to Pennsylvania high school football.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

He needs discipline, structure and coaching. Those were things he was SUPPOSED to get from Tressel, but Jim lost his way.

Get him in the weight room and hooked up with the other OL and get him back on the right path, and he'll be fine.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="BlacknGoldBabe has a spectacular aura about">

Another freakin moron
    Love you always, HTG