Thread: Mike Adams Conference Call Transcript

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Mike Adams Conference Call Transcript

How did you convince the Steelers to draft you?
    For me, it was more about trying to get back in their good graces. I knew that I screwed up. I’ve been a lifelong Steelers fan. I struck out to meet with them and just to let them know what happened and show my remorse and let them know that I love that organization and that I’ll do anything to be a part of it.
    Is this a dream come true for you?
    Oh yeah. I guess you could say that. The first jersey I wore said “Steelers” across the front at Farrell Elementary School when I was six years old, so saying that it’s a dream come true is an understatement.
    Were the Steelers the only team you met with?
    They were the only team that I contacted to meet with, yes.
    What do you feel you need to do to earn and keep this team’s trust?
    Do the things I’m supposed to do. Make the right decisions. Produce on the field. As long as I do the right things I think everything will be ok.
    What were some of the criteria that the Steelers laid out for you?
    That’s something that’s between me and them. I think that’s probably how we’re going to keep it.................

Read more @ http://burgh.us/e5d

Welcome to the Steelers, young man. Just do two things for us....keep your head on straight and keep Ben's head on straight and we will love you with the same passion you have for this team. Now get to work.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Re: Mike Adams Conference Call Transcript

sounds good. hope he means it. im sure decastro/pouncey and the coaches will all push him and remove any laziness out of him.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    sounds good. hope he means it. im sure decastro/pouncey and the coaches will all push him and remove any laziness out of him.
    I don't think he sounds lazy at all. He took the initiative to drive to Pittsburgh, get down on his knees and beg for the job. Sounds like he did every single thing they asked him to do...and maybe more for all we know. That's EXACTLY the kind of player I want on my team.

Now he has to prove to them he was worth the risk. He'll work his butt off for this team.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

if he's better than the turnstile known as jonathan scott consider me thrilled.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Ohio State, check.
    Likes weed, check.
    Longtime Steelers fan, check.

If he makes a huge play with less than a minute left to win Super Bowl XLIX, then comes up dirty in the offseason before his contract year and gets traded to the Jets, I'll take it.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

The Steelers probably spelled it out for him. Ok well take you but if you slip we are not going to hesitate to get rid of you and dump you off to a sub par team ala santonio holmes

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

I just like the fact that he loves this team...and how he reached out to THEM about this issue and all that stuff. I dont think we'll have to worry about him...he doesnt seem like Holmes...Holmes seemed like a jerk/etc...and now he's with the Jets that has come out a lot.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
    I just like the fact that he loves this team...and how he reached out to THEM about this issue and all that stuff. I dont think we'll have to worry about him...he doesnt seem like Holmes...Holmes seemed like a jerk/etc...and now he's with the Jets that has come out a lot.
    I have a good feeling about this kid for the reasons that you mention. Yeah, the "character issues" concern me but he seems to want to correct it.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

As long as he keeps his head on straight and doesn't get involved with the wrong crowds off the field again. Welcome to the Steelers.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

He made the move to make the Steelers. He loves the Steelers. He has complied with the Steelers' demands.

Young, teachable, physical specimen, and loyal. Good pick.

Senior Member Array title="Austin87 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Austin87's Avatar

This guy had a first round grade and we got him in the second. That is a steal right there.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

If he was from Penn State, he'd be getting more of a pass from some of you homers. Of course denial will prevail, but it's true. OSU hate is pretty prevalent on this board.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

He's a Steeler now, and as long as he remains so he's got my support.

The pick comes with more risk than you would normally like with that early a choice. But the Steelers aren't stupid. Whatever happened in that meeting with Adams must have been pretty compelling. If after having met with him face to face they can shelve the character concerns no reason for me not to.

Now the question remains as to whether the Steelers opinion of him as a first round talent is valid or not? If it is then I guess we got a bargain? If he's a true NFL left tackle then I suppose we slide Gilbert back to the right side eventually and send Colon packing or to guard? Good problem to have I suppose. Quality depth on the offensive line would be a pleasant change from what we've become used to.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

It's great to know Adams loves the Steelers.

I'm excited as hell about the possibilities for our offense this year.

It all starts in the trenches...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The first time he starts falling asleep on the line during the snap count, send James Harrison up front to ring his freakin' bell.
    All Defense!