Thread: Hitting the Trifecta - Should we move up in the 4th to get Massey?

Hitting the Trifecta - Should we move up in the 4th to get Massey?

The guy is big, moves, and is nasty according to reports. Others say he lets people into his body and relies on his size over technique. However, most think he would have been gone by the end of the third round.

Now, we're loading up on OTs, but I have to wonder if Massey makes the switch to OG? I really don't want foster in there. I Personally like Legursky, but he's destined to be the number 2 center for his career, IMO, rather than a number 1 guard, and Essex has been beat out of that position more than once. I'm also not sold on Gilbert, and think it'd be really good to get some fire under his rear end this spring to really push him.

So, would anyone be dissapointed with Massey in say, early mid 4th round? Give up fifth round for it? Maybe a sixth and seventh, and use the 5th to find a punter?

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: Hitting the Trifecta - Should we move up in the 4th to get Massey?

If they we up I would rather it be to assure we get the nt left that the front office likes the most.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

If they want someone else to play OG...I'm sure there are some OGs left that could fit the bill....I'm just not sure about Massie...could be overkill this early. Also they need to look into a K not a P...P is set at this point. And no way would I want them wasting anything above a 6th on a K or P.

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Massie could play guard if he had to, and I love the kid - but I don't think we go in that direction. He plays too high to be a full time guard, in my opinion. And Colon is a very good guard if the team chooses to go in that direction with him, and I think Ramon Foster is a little bit underrated. I really think our line is set for years to come after today - as is.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

If we take another offensive lineman, it will be a later round pick for depth/practice squad. I think the picks of DeCastro and Adams are going to help stabilize the line for years to come.

This could end up being our offensive line if not sometime this year, next year:

Foster - DeCastro - Pouncey - Colon - Adams

I think that could be one of the better lines in the NFL.

Worst case scenario, we cut Colon after this season (especially if he goes down with another season ending injury) and we sign someone in FA or draft a guy to play right guard next season.

As for today. I think the Steelers take a kicker at some point to challenge Suishi and maybe take the job from him. I think we might see a trade up in the fourth round to take Ta'amu the DT from Washington to become Hampton's eventual successor. Other than that, depth picks. Maybe another DE for depth/rotation. Possibly a fast wide receiver because I don't think Wallace will be back next season and I don't trust Sanders to stay healthy all season.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    If we take another offensive lineman, it will be a later round pick for depth/practice squad. I think the picks of DeCastro and Adams are going to help stabilize the line for years to come.

This could end up being our offensive line if not sometime this year, next year:

Worst case scenario, we cut Colon after this season (especially if he goes down with another season ending injury) and we sign someone in FA or draft a guy to play right guard next season.

As for today. I think the Steelers take a kicker at some point to challenge Suishi and maybe take the job from him. I think we might see a trade up in the fourth round to take Ta'amu the DT from Washington to become Hampton's eventual successor. Other than that, depth picks. Maybe another DE for depth/rotation. Possibly a fast wide receiver because I don't think Wallace will be back next season and I don't trust Sanders to stay healthy all season.
    I like Foster, but you really think he beats out Gilbert at a tackle spot? If anything I feel like he and Colon will duke it out for whatever guard spot DeCastro doesn't take.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I was thinking more along the lines of Colon and Gilbert will be manning the tackle spots (left and right respectively since Colon has always played right and Colbert has already wanted Gilbert ready for LT) unless adams beats one of them out. Then Decastro LG, Pouncey C, and Foster at RG unless Legursky beats him out. Crazy how much improved an O-line looks after a year. On paper of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Nice guess!