Thread: Steelers introduce No. 1 pick DeCastro to Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers introduce No. 1 pick DeCastro to Pittsburgh

When Stanford guard David DeCastro slipped all the way to the 24th spot in the National Football League draft, the Steelers were so excited he was available they took less than a minute to select him.

Today, they wasted little time getting their No. 1 selection to town and introducing him in public.

Shortly after he was selected at about 10:20 p.m. Thursday night, DeCastro caught a red-eye flight from Seattle and arrived at the Steelers' South Side facility this morning. He was introduced at a 3 p.m. news conference.

"I think David may have set a record for the shortest time between being drafted and being on a plane to Pittsburgh," Steelers president Art Rooney II said...........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...sburgh-633408/

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Re: Steelers introduce No. 1 pick DeCastro to Pittsburgh

Welcome to Pittsburgh and the Steelers Nation, we are excited to have you! Now go knock the heads off of Ray Lewis and Courtney Upshaw!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Welcome to the Burgh.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Welcome to the winners of the next SB.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Steelers introduce No. 1 pick DeCastro to Pittsburgh

“He arrives angry and focused and expects everybody else to be the same,” Shaw told CBSSports.com

I love this kids no bullshit allowed attitude !!!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

I can't wait until he's assigned a number so I can purchase a DeCastro jersey.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This guy is going to be really good. How did he fall to us?

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

in his press conference one of the reporters ask him if it's true he's a seahawks fan and asks if he was one of the guys whining about the officiating in the superbowl. The response? "No comment" followed by a grin
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    I love this kids no bullshit allowed attitude !!!
    Some of our leaders are gone, some new leaders come on board. I think DeCastro and Pouncey are going to be killers on and off the field.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    in his press conference one of the reporters ask him if it's true he's a seahawks fan and asks if he was one of the guys whining about the officiating in the superbowl. The response? "No comment" followed by a grin
    The guys aren't going to let this one go. I hope he sets aside some of his signing bonus to pay for all those surf and turf dinners he's going to be buying.