Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Harbaugh: Patriots’ titles have asterisks, are stained

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

John Harbaugh: Patriots’ titles have asterisks, are stained

Ravens coach John Harbaugh believes the Spygate scandal permanently taints the Patriots, saying the three titles the team won under coach Bill Belichick have to be called into question because the team broke NFL rules by taping opposing coaches’ signals.

In an interview on Baltimore radio station 97.9 FM, Harbaugh was asked about the Saints bounty scandal. But instead of talking about the Saints, Harbaugh focused his answer on the Patriots.

“In the end, everything is brought before the light of day,” Harbaugh said. “Even the thing in New England, no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now, it’s been stained. So to me, it’s never worth it. You’ve got to figure out ways to use the rules to your advantage.”

Harbaugh said he and the Ravens organization are always careful to make sure they’re in compliance with the rules of the NFL.

“If you’re cheating, in the end, you’re going to get discredited,” Harbaugh said. “It’s just not worth it.”

Harbaugh added that he believes the Ravens have been victimized by other teams cheating in the past, although he doesn’t want to say which teams because he believes such an accusation would become a headline at a certain pro football website.

“Yeah, I have, but if I say when, it’s gonna be like Pro Football Talk is gonna blow up like crazy,” Harbaugh said when asked if he thinks he has ever been victimized by another team breaking the rules. “I’m going to get accused of accusing somebody of something.”

Consider PFT blowed up, Coach Harbaugh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-are-stained/

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: John Harbaugh: Patriots’ titles have asterisks, are stained

Wait.... So John Harbaugh said something factual???

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Consider PFT blowed up, Coach Harbaugh.
    "Blowed up?" Does Florio have Emmitt Smith writing for him now?

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I'm starting to think maybe the Patriots are clean after all...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Harbaugh said he and the Ravens organization are always careful to make sure they’re in compliance with the rules of the NFL.
    Like the bullshit rules about cut-blocking?
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Knowing what a douche Harbaugh is, and how whiny and complainy he is after a loss, never giving any credit to the opposition, never having any personal accountability, and always making excuses, I'd be willing to wager he probably thinks EVERY team that beats him cheated. I'm sure we're on that list.

I fucking hate the Rattards, but since this idiot became their coach, I'm learning that there are even deeper depths of hatred in me that I was originally aware of...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Knowi
    I fucking hate the Rattards, but since this idiot became their coach, I'm learning that there are even deeper depths of hatred in me that I was originally aware of...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    Like the bullshit rules about cut-blocking?
    Or faking a challenge to buy his defense a free time out.

Sorry, but the "Duh, what down is it?" defense don't cut no ice with me...

5 wide on 4th down! Arians was such a tool...of course they wouldn't convert the down.

Oh......wait.....ummmmmmmmmmmm......
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

5 wide on 4th down! Arians was such a tool...of course they wouldn't convert the down.

Oh......wait.....ummmmmmmmmmmm......
    Yes, the Steelers had the first down on this play!

4-1-BAL 14 (14:18) (No Huddle) 7-B.Roethlisberger up the middle to BAL 12 for 2 yards

and great play by Pouncey!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Yes, the Steelers had the first down on this play!

4-1-BAL 14 (14:18) (No Huddle) 7-B.Roethlisberger up the middle to BAL 12 for 2 yards

and great play by Pouncey!
    Ben must've called that play....
    Fire Goodell

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Knowing what a douche Harbaugh is, and how whiny and complainy he is after a loss, never giving any credit to the opposition, never having any personal accountability, and always making excuses, I'd be willing to wager he probably thinks EVERY team that beats him cheated. I'm sure we're on that list.

Well said.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Harbaugh also said the Ravens were more popular than Jesus.

I believe Goodell will fine Harbaugh and give their 1st round draft pick to the Patriots as compensation for disparaging the commissioners favorite team. They don't use their #1 pick anyway.
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    "Blowed up?" Does Florio have Emmitt Smith writing for him now?

Emmitspeak is contagious.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Remember, they have it all "figured out"

He's already flip-flopped and tried to say he somehow didn't really mean exactly what he said, even though it was exactly what he said...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

It's one thing for fans to suggest this, but when a coach does it, it comes off pretty classless. And besides the Patriots were out of the spying business long before Harbaugh took the Ravens job. Just more excuse making and whining on his part. As Suit said this douche never gives any credit to his opponent after a loss. There's always a hundred reason, none of which ever include the other team was just the better team that day.

I'm glad our coach always acts in a classy and dignified manner after a loss or a win. We're very lucky to have Mike Tomlin instead of a sour pus whiny douche like Harbaugh.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    It's one thing for fans to suggest this, but when a coach does it, it comes off pretty classless. And besides the Patriots were out of the spying business long before Harbaugh took the Ravens job. Just more excuse making and whining on his part. As Suit said this douche never gives any credit to his opponent after a loss. There's always a hundred reason, none of which ever include the other team was just the better team that day.

I'm glad our coach always acts in a classy and dignified manner after a loss or a win. We're very lucky to have Mike Tomlin instead of a sour pus whiny douche like Harbaugh.
    He looks like a classless pucker faced asshole, so why should his comments be any different?
    All Defense!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Greatest combo in sports, Flacco and Harbaugh. The best QB and the best coach. They've won, what, the last 4 Super Bowls, no? Well I'm sure they WOULD have won if everyone played fair.

Har-bag, take a bow, you are the best. Douche that is.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

PFT, the Cheatriots and John Harbitch in the same conversation ?? Smells like shit around here

Two words for Hairball: He missed.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Two words for Hairball: Wide left.
    Fixed it!

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

You know darn well that whether Belicheat and Brady admit it or not, they'll have the Ravens game circled, and will do everything they can to embarrass them. I'll root a little for the Pats*.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

You know darn well that whether Belicheat and Brady admit it or not, they'll have the Ravens game circled, and will do everything they can to embarrass them. I'll root a little for the Pats*.
    Yeah, you gotta believe that the Patriots will be looking for revenge come week three. Furthermore, the game is a Sunday night game and is in Baltimore. I will definitely be cheering for the Patriots that game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Harbaugh's a HUGE bitch...probably one of the biggest in the league, but he's not saying he believes the championships are tarnished. It's taken kind of out of context. He's pretty much saying that the public perception is that they are tarnished (along with the Saints.) Having said that, he's an idit (as usual) for even bringing that up and going "asterik" on Belichick.

I think Harbaugh realized the Ravens play the Pats and then tried to make nice...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Yeah, you gotta believe that the Patriots will be looking for revenge come week three. Furthermore, the game is a Sunday night game and is in Baltimore. I will definitely be cheering for the Patriots that game.
    I take exception to this. You have to do better than cheering for the Patriots, no matter who they're playing. Just root for a lot of injuries, or for the stadium to collapse.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I take exception to this. You have to do better than cheering for the Patriots, no matter who they're playing. Just root for a lot of injuries, or for the stadium to collapse.
    Yeah.... about that...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

While I totally agree about the cheats comment, (even a clock the doesn't run is right 2ce a day) I still think johnie boy is a whiney ass bitch.

Can't believe the rats have such a crybaby as their team's leader. Him and walrus would be a perfect fit.

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Two words for Hairball: He missed.
    Laces out!!!!!!

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

We lost another AFC Championship Game, whaaaaaa!

Whiny fucking douchenozzle.

When are the Rats going to give Fluke-o that huuuuuuge contract? He's never going to win a Super Bowl, neither of those jackasses will ever see a ring...that is, unless, they happen to run into a Pittsburgh Steeler who wants to show one of them what a Super Bowl ring looks like.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy