Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Unveil Throwback Uniforms for 2012 Season

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers Unveil Throwback Uniforms for 2012 Season

I don't mind them that much. They are certainly better than the Packers' retros.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

It's a matter of taste guys. I don't think you are crazy for liking them Chidi29 and Hinds. They are not to my liking. Just because they wore these back in the 30's does not make them visually appealing to me. I don't care if we win the Super Bowl in them. They are ugly. To my taste.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    Wow, this is horrible! Someone needs firing! The only good thing about these jerseys is I don't have to worry about all the stupid retro jersey weekends. What was so wrong with the rugby jerseys?

That's why I was so sure they would move far, far away from this idea. The rugby jerseys were not popular at all, and you would figure they'd KNOW that. Now they have a monstrosity that is even worse...

Fire Goodell

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

"You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Meh I hated them at first but now I think they're okay...

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

We are off to the Steelers game !!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Thats funny. @ 1st i didnt like them like alot of other people, but dare i say it growing on me a little

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

When the time comes for the team to don these uniforms, I'll just can't help think of all 11 of them out there on the field like this: ... a bunch of clowns...

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

If they had cheerleaders, they could be dressed like this

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    It's a matter of taste guys. I don't think you are crazy for liking them Chidi29 and Hinds. They are not to my liking. Just because they wore these back in the 30's does not make them visually appealing to me. I don't care if we win the Super Bowl in them. They are ugly. To my taste.
    It's not the fact I like the color scheme. I don't. But at the same time, when did Steelers' fans care about what they were wearing instead of what they did in them?

I just love the homage to 1934. It's a great tribute to a time most people don't even know about or realize exists.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

At first I was WTF, now they're just kinda meh.

The bumblebee look grows on you. Still crap though.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    It's not the fact I like the color scheme. I don't. But at the same time, when did Steelers' fans care about what they were wearing instead of what they did in them?

I just love the homage to 1934. It's a great tribute to a time most people don't even know about or realize exists.
    It's thinking like that that led to the monstrosity that is the blue turf in Boise, or the trailer trash uni's of the Oregon Ducks. It's about pride in appearance. These uniforms are an atrocity...there are other, better ways to honor the past.
    Fire Goodell

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

I think I may buy one just to be the Only person for 1000 miles sporting one of them on game day...yeah...I'll be "that guy"
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    I think I may buy one just to be the Only person for 1000 miles sporting one of them on game day...yeah...I'll be "that guy"
    Both the opposing fans and Steelers fans should, and probably will, douse you with beer. But, in the case of this uniform, it could only improve it's appearance...
    Fire Goodell

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Who knew Belushi was a Steelers fan
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

I like em. I'll buy one as I'm sure they will be for this year only. I love that they went that far back to find a uniform. I just wanna know when Johnny Blood McNally will be on the field.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

That's got to be the ugliest jersey I've ever seen. It's hard for me to believe that the Steelers organization would voluntarily choose to wear those.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Is the really you Venom (on the left, of course)!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

OMG !! Mr. Rooney, are you F++KIN kidding me !!?? First of all, why in the hell do we have to do the 'throwback 'uniforms anyway, they are history for a reason...... and secondly, our team wearing this crap, LOL, they better be ready to fight !!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post

Yes, before 1969 the Steelers existed. Woefully, but they existed.

Much like this current Pirates era, circa 1992 to the present and beyond, not much to commemorate in 80 years. We could have paid homage without looking ridiculous.

Sorry, I know this uniform is growing on some here, but these uniforms just look horrific.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Seriously people...it's a jersey. It's just for 2 games this season and it's for celebrating history. Why are so many people getting their panties in a knot? By the way some of you are acting, you'd think the Steelers are switching to that jersey for good.

Chill out.

By the way, in 1934, the Steelers (nee Pirates) went 2-10.

People thought the offense didn't score much last year....in 1934, they only scored 10 or more points in 3 games, and they were shut out in 6 games.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

We can still state whether or not we like them. I personally do not but I do respect why we are going to wear them. We aren't doing it for the hell of it. We are paying respect to a team from the past and I have no problem with that at all.

I wouldn't care if they wear them every game. All I care about is the final score.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post

People thought the offense didn't score much last year....in 1934, they only scored 10 or more points in 3 games, and they were shut out in 6 games.
    What's probably often overlooked and amazing is that this team survived 40 yrs of absolute dreadfulness before the winning began. You'd think they would have gotten disbanded before then.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    What's probably often overlooked and amazing is that this team survived 40 yrs of absolute dreadfulness before the winning began. You'd think they would have gotten disbanded before then.
    I guess maybe I am so prejudiced because I really want to see the team in the Batman uni's...if one of the goals of this (stated or not, it is...if only from the NFL's standpoint) is to make some extra jack off this through additional uni sales, this ain't the way to go about it. I hated the rugby jerseys, and almost liked the last throwback's enough to buy one, but most definitely would have snapped up the batman.

This I wouldn't take if it was free.
    Fire Goodell

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    Especially when you're talking about starting a team during the Great Depression.

Though to be fair, we did almost lose the team to Boston (kind of).

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post

Clearly running a 2012 Colts offense.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Seriously people...it's a jersey. It's just for 2 games this season and it's for celebrating history. Why are so many people getting their panties in a knot? By the way some of you are acting, you'd think the Steelers are switching to that jersey for good.

Chill out.
    Yes it is just a jersey. But we are liable to go blind watching them for 8 or so hours. However, if we make the SB this year, we MUST wear them.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post

Chill out.
    ^^THIS

I have no problem to see them playing in those ugly unis, I just want to see them win

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Sent from a jive turkee