Thread: Tribe Time!

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Tribe Time!

I know there's at least one other Indians fan who posts here...

I have some faith. The bullpen is a little slow getting up to speed, but the starters look solid and the sticks are starting to heat up. Choo and Hafner are looking good...this could be a nice season. i don't know that they have anything for the Tigers, but it's a long season...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Tribe Time!

I'm a Pirate fan in exile. I wish you and your Tribe luck!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I'm a Pirate fan in exile. I wish you and your Tribe luck!
    Buc's are the only other team I follow at all...
    Fire Goodell

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The only Indian I like has two wheels and is a better alternative than a Harley-Davidson.
    All Defense!

After a horrific start, a little rally and 4 out of 5 won on the road. Not bad....
    Fire Goodell

Member Array title="Rodwoodsonwasprettycool is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    I know there's at least one other Indians fan who posts here...
    Do I count?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodwoodsonwasprettycool View Post
    Do I count?
    Sure you do....you get 3/5ths of a vote.
    Fire Goodell

7-2 on a West Coast road trip? Unheard of! They usually suck, especially in Oakland. This bodes well...
    Fire Goodell

First place in the central...it's early, but I'll take it...
    Fire Goodell

Wow! Second week of May and the Indians are not only in first but starting separate themselves a bit. Everbody is contributing, Hafner is hitting, Ubaldo pitched 7 scoreless against the best hitting lineup in the bigs....this could be an interesting year!
    Fire Goodell

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Damn..... what happened? Swept by the Reds. At least they beat the Pirates (sorry Pirates fans).

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Let's go TRIBE! On my way to Jacobs field now!

EDIT: I'll never get used to calling it progressive...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Yea, it will always be 'The Jake'.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

I thought for sure when we hit the first inning homer that we'd be hard to stop, but we ended up getting pounded. Good game though. Not a bad crowd.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Too bad for you guys that Pedro Alvarez decided to start hitting the past two games. Asdrubal Cabrera didn't do much to help your cause either - 2 errors that led to 2 runs coming across and getting thrown out at 2nd in the 9th inning. Ouch.

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

I wanna know why they have carried Cunningham all season when Canzler has been a All Star in Columbus. He has to be better than Duncan and Cunningham or even Damon. As I write this Damon jacks a 3 run homer.

Quote Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
    I wanna know why they have carried Cunningham all season when Canzler has been a All Star in Columbus. He has to be better than Duncan and Cunningham or even Damon. As I write this Damon jacks a 3 run homer.
    Cunningham is batting like oh-for-June...I have no idea why he's even on the roster now. Duncan they find valuable because he's the rare guy that can hit cold, coming off the bench for injuries, pinch-hitting, etc. Damon is on the roster for his rocket arm (I keed, I keed)...no, seriously, they like him in the clubhouse. I don't necessarily disagree, since it's a pretty young team. I know Antonetti has already insinuated that the playoff run changes they make to the roster may very well come from within the organization, and Russ Canzler fits the bill. They don't need him to play 1st at all with both Kotchman and Santana available there. MOST importantly, he bats from the right and has pop...they are desperate for right handed hitting as the league figures out all you have to do to beat the Indians is throw lefties at them. Why make a dumb trade and give up young talent for a RHB OF when you already have one in your own system?
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

I don't mind Duncan I like that he can play the corner OF spots and 1B. I didn't agree with the Cunningham deal then or now. I just worry the lack of a decent rhb will hurt us.

So the wheels fell off.

Yeah...time to say it.

Maybe next year.
    Fire Goodell

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

At least the Tribe isn't teasing their fans by being over .500 late in the season only to ultimately collapse and end up under .500 again, like that "franchise" 150 miles SSE...

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    At least the Tribe isn't teasing their fans by being over .500 late in the season only to ultimately collapse and end up under .500 again, like that "franchise" 150 miles SSE...
    To be fair, the Tribe was going to collapse at some point. Their starting pitching was suspect, and like every guy on the roster bats from the left side. All it takes to beat them is throw a leftie at them and score more than 3 runs...

You're right, though...better and early collapse then a late one. It breaks your heart more...
    Fire Goodell