Thread: New NCAA Tourney Structure (68 teams now)

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

New NCAA Tourney Structure (68 teams now)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5374116

I like this better than some other ideas that were being thrown around. For a while I actually thought they might make one of the last 4 at larges ( like USC for example) play a "lesser" automatic qualifier (like Charleston for example) with the winner getting a 16 seed. So a #1 seed would have had to play a team on the level of USC in their first game.... That would have made the toughest championship to win even tougher, I'm glad they made it this way.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Re: New NCAA Tourney Structure (68 teams now)

Better then having 96 teams like they talked about at one time, that would have been horrible!
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: New NCAA Tourney Structure (68 teams now)

yes it certainly would have. I think it should stay at 64, but it is only going to keep going up. Which is too bad because it is the best tournament there is and it may lose some of its luster if it keeps changing. These changes were not horrible however. It obviously could have been a lot worse.