Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224
Results 6,691 to 6,708 of 6708

Thread: Pens Tidbits

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: Pens Tidbits

I've been away on vacation the past few days, but I did catch the division names. I mean, really? Metropolitan Division? Were they smoking crack when they came up with that? I guess shortening it to Metro Division would make it slightly better, but then I think of "metrosexual," which is even worse than Metropolitan.

Patrick, Adams, Norris, Smythe. Should have went with those, and been done with it.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Someone really earned their pay with "Metropolitan". Thing is someone else had to approve it.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Just some up and coming junior exec that wanted to make his mark on history. Too bad the mark is lame.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Yeah, the new division name is weird, but whatever. Sounds like the development camp went well this past week.

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Penguins Agree to Terms with Defenseman Robert Bortuzzo

The Pittsburgh Penguins have agreed to terms with defenseman Robert Bortuzzo on a two-year contract, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

The deal runs through the 2014-15 campaign, and has an average annual value of $600,000

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...t-twt-penguins

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I like it. Avoids arbitration and gives them another semi-physical defenseman. Too bad the Pens won't play him because they love veterans so damn much, though I wouldn't complain if I were him. Free food and a fat paycheck for sitting in the press box most of the season.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Letourneau-Leblond Signs with Penguins
    Former Devil and Admiral joins Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. – The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have signed forward Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond to an American Hockey League contract.

A seven-year veteran from Levis, Quebec, Letourneau-Leblond skated with the Norfolk Admirals during the 2012-13 season, recording three goals, five assists and 98 penalty minutes in 33 games.

Letourneau-Leblond, 28, has appeared in 275 AHL contests between time spent with Abbotsford, Albany, Lowell and Norfolk, compiling 47 points (21g-26a) and 1061 PIM.

more: http://www.wbspenguins.com/articles/...with-penguins#

I just like his name.

Just call him PL3 for short. Replacement for Big Mac in WBS since there's a good chance he's up with the big club this season.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Just call him PL3 for short. Replacement for Big Mac in WBS since there's a good chance he's up with the big club this season.
    Which wouldn't be the worst thing. He never dresses for us here. I'd rather see him in Pittsburgh protecting guys like Crosby.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    I just like his name.
    How the heck do you say it?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    How the heck do you say it?
    Simple - Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond.

On a side note, I saw that Sue started a new thread for Steelers tweets, etc. I'm thinking we should maybe start fresh with a new Pens Tidbits thread. Anyone agree? Maybe keeping this one going is giving the team bad playoff ju-ju.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    Simple - Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond.

On a side note, I saw that Sue started a new thread for Steelers tweets, etc. I'm thinking we should maybe start fresh with a new Pens Tidbits thread. Anyone agree? Maybe keeping this one going is giving the team bad playoff ju-ju.
    I don't see why not. But let's wait until right before the start of camp before we do. Hard to believe that is only 2 and a half weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I don't see why not. But let's wait until right before the start of camp before we do. Hard to believe that is only 2 and a half weeks away.
    Cool, sounds good. And I know, I can't believe camp is so close already. The AHL is set is finally release its schedule today which I'm excited for.

Penguins Announce 2013-14 Regular Season Schedule
    Wilkes-Barre/Scranton faces Hershey in Home Opener on Oct. 12

WILKES-BARRE, PA – The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, in conjunction with the American Hockey League have announced their 2013-14 regular season schedule. The 15th season of Penguins hockey will start on the road for the second straight year as they battle the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Saturday, Oct. 5 at 7:00 PM.

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton will take the ice for its Home Opener on Saturday, Oct. 12 at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza, facing their division rival, the Hershey Bears, at 7:05 PM.

more: http://www.wbspenguins.com/articles/...3-14-schedule#

Just picked my games for my WBS Pens season ticket plan. I'm a happy camper. They even have it set up so you can do it online this year.

I forgot to mention that this will be the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins' 15th season.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Owner of of 30 tickets to the Pens vs Devils game on Friday Dec 13th. .Yes sir, first bus trip taking shape. All it took was hitting redial about 6 times this morning. Friday the 13th vs the Devils. Somebody in the NHL's Offices has a sense of humor. That can't be a "quinkidink" Had so much fun last year at the game vs the Rangers. Flower stealing the game in a shootout. You know back when we all liked Flower.

I present to you the new jerseys for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. The one on the left is the road jersey, the one in the middle is the alternate/3rd jersey celebrating the Baby Pens' 15th season this year, and the one on the right is the home jersey.