Thread: Mark Sanchez gets sympathy from Steelers QB Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Mark Sanchez gets sympathy from Steelers QB Roethlisberger

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has sympathy for New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez now that Sanchez has to look over his shoulder at new Jets quarterback Tim Tebow.

"It’s gonna be tough," Roethlisberger said Friday at Yankee Stadium, where he attended the Yankees' home opener, according to ProFootballTalk.com. "You know, I feel bad for the Sanchez. It’s gonna be tough for him, I know him and Santonio (Holmes) are down working out now, but we’ll see how it works out. I guess you can never count Coach Ryan out.

"I think it’s tough for him that he’s a guy that’s a franchise-type quarterback, they pay him the money to be here, they have a lot of faith in him," Roethlisberger added. "I think he’s a good quarterback. And then you bring a guy in that the fans are gonna be cheering for, they’re probably gonna be chanting 'Tebow' from the first game. I just feel bad for a guy that is a franchise quarterback like that."

As for New York's other starting quarterback, Big Ben had high praise for Super Bowl XLVI MVP Eli Manning, who was drafted with Roethlisberger in 2004.

"Absolutely I was happy for Eli. That solidifies our draft class a little more," Roethlisberger said, according to The Record. "It was awesome to watch him go out and perform. He played great."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Re: Mark Sanchez gets sympathy from Steelers QB Roethlisberger

It is a pretty F'd up situation over there. But I guess it beats Sancheese getting straight out fired.

Swaggin' University Array title="ShutDown24 has a spectacular aura about"> ShutDown24's Avatar

I saw this last night. I kind of get the feeling Ben doesn't like Tebow very much. This is at least the second and maybe the third time I've heard 7 take a subtle shot at him. Dating back prior to the loss in Denver, too, so it's not simply bitterness over that.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I know for a fact not many are particularly fond of Tebow, even though the madness surrounding him isn't his fault. Ben gets very little credit for his miraculous 2004 rookie season and taking the Steelers to the Super Bowl his second year, meanwhile Tebow takes a mediocre Broncos team to an 8-8 record and he's God of the Football World.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Every Jet must feel bad for having Timmy

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    I know for a fact not many are particularly fond of Tebow, even though the madness surrounding him isn't his fault. Ben gets very little credit for his miraculous 2004 rookie season and taking the Steelers to the Super Bowl his second year, meanwhile Tebow takes a mediocre Broncos team to an 8-8 record and he's God of the Football World.
    I think this is basically it.

Most NFL players, including his own Bronco teammates last season, couldn't stand all the hype around Tebow. All the credit he got for those wins in the regular season, nobody mentioned the outstanding play of the defense or some of the amazing plays his receivers had to make to catch some of the balls he threw.

Ben lead the Steelers to 14 consecutive wins (including the playoff win against the Jets) in his rookie season. Led the Steelers to the best regular season record in Steelers history that season. The next season he led the Steelers to the Super Bowl. He had a bad game in the Super Bowl, but if it wasn't for his outstanding play leading up to the playoffs (remember, most teams had us written off around week 10) and through the playoffs, the Steelers would have never been to Super Bowl XL.

He's won two Super Bowls and played excellent against the Cardinals, and he's been to three total. But he still doesn't get the respect he deserves as a football player.

But everyone was on Tebow's sack last season as he played mediocre at best for most of the games he played.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy